Large truck accidents can cause devastating injuries with permanent and life-changing consequences. If a negligent party caused your crash, they should pay for your medical treatment, long-term care needs, and other expenses.
A Rutherford County truck accident lawyer with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can investigate your accident and fight for the financial awards you need to care for yourself and your family. Our personal injury attorneys can advise you of your legal options and represent you throughout your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Large Truck Accidents Cause Thousands of Injuries in North Carolina
According to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, nearly 4,000 injury accidents and more than 150 fatal crashes involving large trucks happened in North Carolina in 2019. Truck accident injuries can be severe and fatal, and those in the smaller vehicle usually suffer the greatest harm. The impact of a large truck can result in:
- Back and spinal injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Severe bruising
- Loss of a limb
- Shoulder injuries
- Internal injuries
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident in Rutherfordton, Bostic, Forest City, or anywhere else in Rutherford County, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can help with your case. We assist with accidents involving semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, big-rigs, farm vehicles, cargo trucks, and other commercial vehicles.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Rutherford County, call 828.286.3866
Who Is Responsible for Your Truck Accident?
Who is liable for your accident depends on its cause. Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver intoxication
- Truck driver fatigue
- Driver negligence/failure to obey traffic laws
- Violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Truck maintenance issues
- Truck or vehicle parts defects
- Improperly attached trailers
- Unsecured or shifting cargo
- Overloaded vehicles
- Lack of driver training
Once we determine the cause of your accident, we will seek compensation from one or more liable parties. You may have a claim or lawsuit against:
- A truck driver
- A trucking company
- The owner of the truck/party responsible for maintenance
- The owner/loader of the cargo
- A vehicle or auto parts manufacturer
Depending on the circumstance of your wreck, there could be other liable parties, including another passenger vehicle driver or even the owner of the road where the crash occurred. Our truck crash attorneys will explore all of your options for pursuing financial awards.
Rutherford County Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Truck Accident Compensation
After a serious accident, both your physical health and financial future may be on the line. If a negligent driver, trucking company, or other liable party caused you damages, they should compensate you. We can help you recover the cost of:
- Medical treatment. You should not get stuck with expensive doctor bills, hospital fees, and other medical costs. We can help you pursue compensation for your current and future accident-related medical care, including surgeries, rehabilitation, in-home health services, medications, and medical equipment.
- Lost wages – Missing weeks, months, or more from work can create a significant financial hardship, and your bills do not stop coming in just because you have an injury. We can recover your back pay and seek awards for your lost earnings, benefits, tips, and retirement contributions. If you suffered a permanent or disabling injury that forces you to reduce your hours or retire from your job, you may qualify for awards for the loss of your earning potential.
- Pain and suffering – Severe injuries can alter the way you live, work, and interact with friends and loved ones. Physical injuries can also affect you mentally and emotionally. You can pursue monetary awards for how your accident and injuries reduce your quality of life.
- Out-of-pocket expenses – Our car accident lawyer will help you identify any other damages owed to you. This may include the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle, paying for help with household services and transportation, and making medically-necessary home modifications.
Wrongful Death Awards
If your loved one died from a truck accident injury, we can assist you with a wrongful death case. We can recover medical expenses, funeral costs, and other damages on behalf of your loved one’s estate. Surviving family members may also qualify for awards for their pain and suffering and the loss of their loved one’s companionship, support, and guidance.
What Can Our Rutherford County Truck Accident Lawyer do for You?
Truck accident cases can be complex, often involving multiple parties, interstate trucking companies, and federal rules and regulations. Unless you are an attorney, you may quickly find yourself in over your head. Our Rutherford County lawyers are familiar with truck accident cases and North Carolina law. We can:
- Collect evidence – We can gather evidence, including photographs, videos, witness statements, maintenance records, driving and employment records, and the truck’s “black box” data recording system. We will also preserve evidence by sending a spoliation letter to the trucking company. Finally, we can enlist doctors, economists, mental health professionals, crash reconstruction experts, and others who can testify on your behalf.
- Build a case – We will use the evidence and applicable case laws to prove negligence and show that you suffered damages.
- File your claims or lawsuits – We will handle all of your case paperwork and track and adhere to deadlines. If we take legal action, we will do so before the statute of limitations expires. According to S. § 1-52, you have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under G.S. § 1-53, you have two years to sue for wrongful death. Do not wait too long to get started.
- Communicate and negotiate – You worry about getting better while we focus on phone calls, emails, and insurance negotiations. We will also provide you with regular updates about your case.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to Get Started Today
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome for every one of our clients. Fill out a contact form to learn more about seeking financial compensation with the help of our Rutherford County truck accident lawyer. We offer free consultations and take cases on contingency, meaning you pay no fees until we win your case.