A truck accident lawyer who serves Marion, North Carolina, can protect your rights after a crash. Those rights include the ability to sue and seek compensation from the liable party.
A lawyer from our firm serving Marion can make the truck accident legal process easier to navigate by taking on all of your legal responsibilities. These responsibilities include collecting evidence, notifying the liable party, and even representing you in the courtroom.
In This Article
- Let Us Help You with Your Marion Truck Accident Case
- Get Started As Soon as You Can on Your Marion Truck Accident Case
- You Could Qualify for Two Types of Compensation
- How Much Can I Recover After a Truck Accident?
- Evidence That May Help With Your Marion Truck Accident Case
- The Damage of Truck Versus Vehicle Accidents in Marion
- Causes of Truck Accidents That Could Qualify You for Damages
- See a Sample of Our Online Client Reviews
- Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Is Here to Help
Let Us Help You with Your Marion Truck Accident Case
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we take pride in helping our clients with every aspect of their case, no matter how big or small. We can complete all legal tasks on your behalf, including but not limited to:
- Identifying the liable party: We will get in touch with the liable party and continue to communicate with them throughout your case. You do not ever have to speak with them directly.
- Filing paperwork: Filling out forms may be tedious, but it is often necessary. We can make sure all legal paperwork is completed in a timely fashion.
- Negotiating your settlement: Our lawyers know how to fight hard for our clients’ rights and fair compensation. When an agreement is reached, we can draw up the paperwork for you as well.
- Going to trial: If negotiations fall through, we will schedule court dates, locate witnesses to testify for you, deliver oral arguments, and much more.
- Answering your questions: Feel free to call your lawyer whenever you need an explanation or clarification. We, in turn, will update you about the case’s progress regularly.
- Working on a contingent basis: If we cannot recover compensation for you, you do not owe us any attorney fees.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Marion, call 828.286.3866
Get Started As Soon as You Can on Your Marion Truck Accident Case
It is always best to start a lawsuit as soon as possible after an accident. The primary reason for this is the statute of limitations, a law that prohibits accident victims from filing lawsuits after a certain period. In North Carolina, according to GS §1-52, you have three years from the accident date to file a personal injury case.
If a loved one did not survive a truck accident in Marion, the wrongful death statute of limitations generally requires you to file your lawsuit within two years of the date of a loved one’s demise, according to GS § 1-53.
The sooner you put our team to work for you, the better. Early intervention means we have plenty of time to meet the filing deadline. It also means we have time to conduct a thorough investigation. We can also locate and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh and canvass the accident scene for supportive evidence.
Marion Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
You Could Qualify for Two Types of Compensation
The types of injuries you sustained and how serious they are will determine what types and amounts of compensation you could collect.
Qualifying for Economic Damages
You might be eligible for economic damages if you lost money because of the accident. Common examples include:
- Loss of income, for anyone who missed work due to their accident and/or injuries
- Medical expenses, for anyone whose physical or psychological injuries were serious enough to require professional treatment
- Repair bills, for anyone who had to repair or replace their car due to damage inflicted by the collision
- Other expenses, for anyone who spent money on necessary services (e.g., house cleaning or babysitting) that they would not have needed if they had not been injured
Qualifying for Non-Economic Damages
Your physical and mental injuries could make you eligible for non-economic damages. Common examples include:
- Disfigurement, for anyone who has permanent scars or other painful marks caused by the accident
- Disability, for anyone who suffered brain damage or lost the use of any body part
- Pain and suffering, for anyone who experienced physical and/or psychological anguish
- Reduced quality of life, for anyone who has had to make radical lifestyle changes to accommodate their injuries
How Much Can I Recover After a Truck Accident?
One of your lawyer’s jobs is to carefully review the case and put a “price tag” on each of your damages. This process may involve:
- Reviewing other cases similar to yours: Seeing how accident victims with similar injuries were compensated can inform how much you ask for in your own case.
- Looking at relevant bills: Billing statements from healthcare facilities, auto body shops, and more can tell you how much your economic damages are worth.
- Calculating lost income: Your lawyer can look at how much you used to earn and project how much you would have earned in the future had you not suffered permanent injuries.
Damages can vary widely on a case-by-case basis. It can be especially challenging to quantify non-economic damages, which do not come with billing statements like many economic damages do. A truck accident lawyer from our firm can help you figure out how much your economic and non-economic damages entitle you to receive.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Evidence That May Help With Your Marion Truck Accident Case
Your lawyer can utilize many potential sources of evidence to strengthen your case. These include but are not limited to:
- Accident reports: The police officer who responded to your accident would have filled out and filed a report containing important information, including the individuals and vehicles involved.
- Investigation reports: Accidents involving large trucks must follow the rules laid out by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Your lawyer can use the resulting reports as evidence in your case.
- Medical records: Every time you visit your doctor for a check-up, test, or treatment, this is noted in your medical record. This record can prove you were injured in the crash.
- Witness testimony: Anyone who saw the crash firsthand or saw what happened leading up to or after the crash can provide valuable information that verifies your statements.
- Video and photos: We can examine footage taken by witnesses, surveillance cameras, or dashcams.
As a general rule, more evidence is available immediately after the crash; as time goes by, evidence may be forgotten or destroyed. Start your case quickly before important evidence disappears.
The Damage of Truck Versus Vehicle Accidents in Marion
Commercial trucks can weigh tens of thousands of pounds which is no match for a typical passenger vehicle in a collision. According to Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) research from as recently as 2019:
- Vehicle occupants are more likely to sustain fatal injuries
- Large trucks can significantly outweigh passenger cars
- Passenger vehicles can become lodged underneath large trucks
- Trucks require up to 40% greater stopping distance when braking
When we handle your case, our truck accident team helps you carefully detail truck accident causes and contributing factors. We carefully collect evidence that proves the subsequent cause of your injuries and the financial expenses and losses that stem from them.
Causes of Truck Accidents That Could Qualify You for Damages
Truck accidents can happen for many reasons. Proving the cause of your accident is how we understand who bears fault and which insurance company we should pursue for financial recovery on your behalf. Driver behavior can lead to accidents, including:
Additional causes can include manufacturing flaws attributed to the truck’s maker or its parts and components.
You do not have to uncover the accident’s cause or identify the at-fault party on your own. Our investigative team handles this aspect of your case. We contact the at-fault party, promptly present your evidence file, and handle the negotiation process.
See a Sample of Our Online Client Reviews
Truck accident cases require diligent client support. When clients we helped in the past leave reviews for our law firm, they say the following about our commitment to the overall recovery:
“After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimate settlement.” -Tammy Cotton
“Ms. Valentine returned my call after 7pm. Not many attorneys work so diligently. She was very kind and professional. She didn’t make unreasonable promises but was frank and to the point with realistic options. Case was handled swiftly and positively.” – Wendell Fox
Read more reviews like these on our client testimonials page and see why our personal injury clients would return to our law firm if needed and why they refer their friends and family to us.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Is Here to Help
A truck accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, would be happy to help you put together your Marion case. For a free case evaluation, call us at any time. A member of our team can take your call day or night.
We never charge our clients attorney’s fees until they have received compensation, making our services more affordable to a wider range of people.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form