One of the most rewarding aspects of the practice of law is the opportunity to help those individuals who have the greatest needs. That’s why Andrea enjoys representing her clients and providing each and every case with personal attention. That’s also why Andrea went beyond her law degree and became a North Carolina Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law, certified by the North Carolina State Bar.
After graduating from Wofford College in 2000 with two degrees – a B.S. in Business Economics and a B.A. in Government, Andrea attended the University of North Carolina School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctorate in 2004, along with her husband, Josh. She and Josh then joined attorney A. Clyde Tomblin in Spindale, North Carolina, and formed the firm of Tomblin & Farmer. At first, Andrea handled several areas of practice, but as time passed, a primary focus of her practice became representing Social Security Disability claimants, individuals can no longer support themselves due to an unforeseen injury or illness. In 2013, Andrea completed all of the requirements, including a very difficult examination, to become a Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law.
Andrea has a heart to help people, and she has devoted her practice to helping those who cannot help themselves. Her clients are often some of the most destitute individuals in our society, and she works hard to bring a glimmer of hope to their lives. She strives to provide a superior level of personal service to her clients and to give them a voice in their claim, all while navigating them through a very complicated, backlogged system. Practicing Social Security law has been very rewarding for her, and she now serves on the committee for the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization for Social Security Disability Law.
Andrea also handles probate matters and special proceedings. She assists individuals who are going through difficult times, caused by the loss of a loved one, by navigating the probate process and making it as easy as possible.
Andrea enjoys her work, her clients, and working with the other members of her firm. They are like family, and they approach each case as a team. She and her husband reside in Rutherfordton, along with their son, Thomas Bradley Farmer.
[/cs_text][cs_text style=”background: #d2ab67;padding:5px 10px 10px 10px;”]
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- Juris Doctor – 2004
- Chancellor’s Scholar – full tuition merit-based scholarship recipient
- Wofford College
- B.S. in Business Economics – 2000
- B.A. in Government – 2000
- Phi Beta Kappa
- North Carolina State Bar – 2004
- South Carolina State Bar – 2005
- United States District Court – Western District of North Carolina – 2004
- United States District Court – District of South Carolina – 2009
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member – North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Disability Advocacy Section
- Member – National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives
- Member – North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Social Security Disability Committee
- Member – North Carolina Bar Association
- Member – 29-A Judicial District Bar Association
- Member – Rutherford County Bar Association