Our Columbus truck accident lawyer could help you pursue the at-fault driver if you suffered injuries in a wreck. We can help you navigate the complicated personal injury claims process, including negotiating a settlement or filing a court case. Whether you were injured by a tractor-trailer, cement truck, or other big rigs, we help you identify the driver and other potentially at-fault parties.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we never stop working for the best outcome for you. We also help you create a detailed list of your recoverable damages. They can include injury-related medical bills and income loss, physical and emotional pain and suffering, and more. We carefully track your damages and gather proof of their value. Our team also fights hard throughout the negotiation process for the settlement you deserve.
- Compensation for your injury-related medical care
- Recoverable injury-related damages
- Recoverable noneconomic damages
- Recoverable wrongful death damages
- Let our team handle the personal injury process
- Do not wait to involve our law firm in your case
- Read what our civil litigation clients say
- Review your case at no cost to you
In This Article
Compensation for Your Injury-Related Medical Care
If a collision with an oversized truck leaves you or someone you love with severe injuries, you will also have hefty and ongoing medical bills. You could recover the healthcare costs that your injuries have already incurred and will continue to accrue in the future. These can include:
- Ambulance and emergency room fees
- Hospitalizations and in-home care
- Prescription and OTC medications
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Our team builds your case for you by collecting and organizing the myriad documents that prove these costs and presenting them to the at-fault party.
Recoverable Injury-Related Damages
When a truck accident leaves you with serious injuries, it could derail your life in many ways. Your injuries can leave you in the recovery process for a prolonged period. Injury-related damages we might request for you include:
- Lost wages and income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or loss
- Diminished vehicle value
Recoverable Noneconomic Damages
The value of the noneconomic damages we request for you can be challenging to assess on your own. Unlike economic losses, these losses do not have a tangible value that you can document through invoices, statements, and paystubs. Instead, we use your medical records and prognosis to determine their value. Noneconomic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
Our team will help you sort out which of these damages you are entitled to receive and ensure they are accurately valued.
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages
According to North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles statistics for 2019, there were 24 fatal truck/trailer accidents statewide. There were also 70 other fatal wrecks involving tractor-trailers, semis, and other large trucks. Our team also helps surviving family members of truck accident fatalities seek compensation for:
- Funeral costs
- Burial expenses
- Loss of future income
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
If a loved one was fatally injured in a truck wreck, our team handles your wrongful death case with compassion and understanding.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Columbus, call 828.286.3866
Let Our Team Handle the Personal Injury Process
Our truck accident lawyer will guide you through the personal injury system after a wreck in Polk County. We will help you understand the step-by-step process of your case and its anticipated timeline. On your behalf, we will also:
- Investigate the accident
- Identify the at-fault party
- Prove their negligence
- Calculate your damages
- Review your documents
- Handle all communication
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our personal injury attorney takes the steps necessary to fight for your financial recovery. We also prepare your case for trial if we cannot reach an appropriate settlement agreement.
Do Not Wait to Involve Our Law Firm in Your Case
Because your wreck occurred in Columbus, the state of North Carolina determines the deadline for filing your lawsuit:
- If you or a family member was injured, G.S. § 1-52 entitles you to up to three years to file your personal injury lawsuit.
- If a family member was fatally injured, G.S. § 1-53 gives you up to two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
Getting our team involved in your case early provides us the time we need to investigate the accident scene, look for photos and videos, and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh and vivid.
Columbus Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Read What Our Civil Litigation Clients Say
Our law firm is committed to helping injured clients fight for the compensation they deserve. When they leave testimonials on our reviews page and in our Google reviews, they say:
- “I have known Josh since opening his business in Rutherfordton…He represents his clients well and is very professional. I have been in business 35 years, and he is one of the most intelligent attorneys I have used over this time span.” – Gene
- “He was recommended very highly by a mutual friend and even though he was very busy at the time…he graciously took on my case…He won the case for me…I recommend him highly to anyone. You will be very pleased.” – Jayne
- “I enlisted Mrs. Hannah Davies to handle my problem (and) in two weeks I had my money back…In the future, if I have problem, Mrs. Davies will be my first call.” – Gerald
Building an effective case for you is important to our entire team. Therefore, we treat your case with the same respect and integrity we showed our previous clients.
Review Your Case at No Cost to You
If you or someone you love was injured or killed in a truck accident in Columbus, we could help you prepare your compensation case. Find out how hard our truck accident lawyer will fight for you by contacting the Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team today. Call (828) 286-3866 for your free consultation.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form