If you or a member of your family were injured in a truck accident, our attorneys could help prepare your case. By filing an insurance claim or lawsuit, you can compel the at-fault driver to compensate you for the financial expenses and losses that stem from the accident. The damages we recover for you can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help you build a solid evidence file by collecting documents, photos, and videos that support your case. Our Cherokee County truck accident lawyer also deals with the insurance company and represents you throughout the negotiation process. If necessary, we also prepare your case for court and represent you at trial.
Understanding the Complexities of Truck Accidents
Unlike a car accident where you know who to pursue for compensation, there could be more than one at-fault party in a truck accident case. On your own, identifying the party or parties to assign liability can be complicated. Potential at-fault parties include:
- The truck driver – While truck accidents can have a myriad of causes, some are caused by the behavior and actions of the trucker. Potential causes could include distracted driving, alcohol or drug intoxication, speeding, and more.
- The truck driver’s employer – If the trucking company hired an unqualified driver or one they did not provide with proper training, they might be liable for the driver’s actions. They might also be liable if they pressured the truck driver to drive more hours than allowable.
- The truck’s manufacturer – If the involved truck had a design flaw or faulty part that caused the accident, the manufacturer may bear financial responsibility for the accident.
Our law firm is familiar with truck accident cases, insurance laws, and the legal process. We also have the investigative tools to determine the at-fault party, prove the accident’s cause, and hold them accountable for your damages. If necessary, we consult automotive and trucking industry experts to get to the root cause of the accident.
Damages You Can Seek from the At-Fault Party
Once we establish fault, we start preparing the damage portion of your case. We help you request compensation for the following recoverable damages:
- Injury-related medical expenses
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Injury-related lost wages and income
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Property damage, loss, or diminished value
Our legal team compiles the evidence needed to support the value we assign to your case. For example, we obtain copies of your crash report, medical records and bills, repair or replacement costs for your car, and all other relevant documents and records.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Cherokee County, call 828.286.3866
Services Our Truck Accident Attorneys Provide in Each Case
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we treat every client we represent like the individual and the priority they are. On your behalf, our truck accident lawyers will take care of:
- Inbound and outbound communication
- Court filings and appearances
- Assigning a value to your case
- Identifying the at-fault party or parties
- Collecting and organizing evidence
It can be hard to know what to do after an accident with a large truck. When our law firm is on your side, we work hard to make the financial recovery process as simple and seamless as possible for you. In addition, we handle the settlement negotiation process and make sure you do not inadvertently accept a speedy but flawed offer or file your lawsuit too late.
We Ensure Your Case Filing Complies with South Carolina Statutes
Like all civil lawsuits, yours has a filing deadline called the statute of limitations. It defines the amount of time you have to file your case. In South Carolina, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit if you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, according to S.C. Ann § 15-3-530.
The same statute generally entitles you to three years to file a wrongful death lawsuit if one of your loved ones was fatally injured in the accident. When our team represents you, we do so with compassion and empathy. With sufficient notice from you, we also make sure your potential lawsuit is filed on time to eliminate the risk of non-compliance.
Early intervention also ensures we have time to conduct a thorough investigation, consult with required experts, obtain evidence, and locate and interview witnesses. We also canvass the accident scene and surrounding area for smartphone, dashcam, and residential and surveillance video footage that benefit your case.
Read Testimonials from Previous Clients
Our legal team is committed to helping families recover from a truck accident’s emotional and financial aftermath. Previous clients we represented said:
- “Down to earth people, easy to understand how it all works. Very kind and soft-spoken. Thank you, Andrea Farmer and Katrina Whitbeck.” – Dawn Styes
- “Attorney Gabrielle Valentine did exactly what she said she was going to do. I cannot recommend her more highly. A true professional.” – James Powell
- “They got out there and were super helpful, asking hard questions, and being confident in knowing exactly what was bad evidence. I would recommend this firm in a heartbeat.” – Codiddle Christian
- “Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimate settlement. We could never thank them for all their prayers and hard work.” – Tammy Cotton
- “He grasped the complicated details of my financial information, and successfully negotiated an out-of-court settlement.” – William Saer
Read more about our client’s experience with our law firm on our testimonials page and see how committed we are to every one of our clients.
Cherokee County Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Learn How Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Cherokee County Can Help You Today
Were you or someone you love injured in a truck accident in Cherokee County? If you were, we could help you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver. Find out how our truck accident lawyers will fight for your compensation by contacting Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, at (828) 286-3866 today.