If you believe you qualify to receive Social Security disability benefits, the road to proving your disability claim can be long and complex. Complying with eligibility requirements, proving the nature and cause of your disability, and understanding filing requirements can take time and attention to detail.
If you believe that you, your child, your parent, or a disabled family member are entitled to Social Security disability payments to cover living expenses, a lawyer can guide you through the application process.
A Marion Social Security disability lawyer can help you complete required paperwork, compile medical records and documents, determine your eligibility for coverage, and appeal a denial of your claim for Social Security disability payments. Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC at (828) 286-3866 to speak to a member of our team today.
Find Out if You Qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services describes how you can apply for Social Security disability payments at your local Social Security Administration (SSA) office (the Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC team can also help you do this). If your disability prevents you from applying in person, you can also apply online or by telephone. Before you make an application, determine whether your disability makes you eligible for coverage under the qualifications laid out by the Social Security Administration. A qualifying potential recipient is one who:
- Had employment in jobs that paid into the Social Security system
- Was employed long enough and recently enough to qualify for coverage
- Is the surviving spouse of a deceased person who qualified for coverage
- Has a medical condition that qualifies as a full disability
- Has a disability that prevents them from returning to work for a minimum of one full year
- Is partially or fully blind, a disabled child, or a military veteran
Contact the team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC by calling (828) 286-3866. A Marion Social Security disability lawyer can help you determine your eligibility to apply for coverage. Your lawyer can also help you determine if your disability is severe and long-lasting enough to qualify for coverage.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Marion, call 828.286.3866
Determine Whether Your Medical Condition Qualifies as a Disability
Your eligibility for Social Security coverage is based on five basic factors:
- You are unemployed or are working but earn less than $1,260 each month
- Your disability restricts your physical mobility or impairs your memory for at least one full year
- Your disability appears on the list of predetermined medical conditions considered severe enough to qualify for coverage
- Your disability prevents you from doing work you readily performed prior to your disability
- Your current situation prevents you from performing another job to support yourself
If you believe your disability meets each step of the qualification process, you can apply for monthly disability payments. A Marion Social Security disability lawyer can help you understand and navigate the application and qualification process.
Marion Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Apply for Social Security Disability as Early as Possible
Not only is the application process for Social Security disability time-consuming and complex, the time it takes to process your application can range from three to five months. During the application process, you must submit all of the following information:
- Social Security number
- Birth certificate
- Contact information for all health care professionals
- Dates of all hospital and clinic visits and caseworker appointments
- Complete list of your medications and their prescribed doses
- Complete medical, therapy, and rehabilitation records
- Complete list of lab work, tests, and examinations and their results
- Complete and detailed employment history
- Most recent tax forms and statements
Failing to submit a complete application could delay the approval process. The time it takes to process your initial application can be shortened if you provide the required information in a timely fashion. A Marion Social Security disability lawyer can help you access, collect, and submit the required information.
A Marion Social Security Disability Lawyer Can Help You Challenge a Denial
If you applied for Social Security disability and your application was denied, you do not have to give up hope of receiving coverage. Your lawyer can help you build a case to appeal your denied claim.
Act quickly, because you must request an appeal within 60 days of the date your original claim was denied. The appeals process typically follows the following four stages:
- The Reconsideration Phase: during which your claim is completely reviewed by an impartial party who examines new and previously submitted information
- The Hearing Phase: during which an independent administrative law judge reviews your application and evidence to reach his own decision
- The Review Phase: during which the Appeals Council can make a decision on its own or send your case to an administrative law judge
- Federal Court Review: during which all evidence is reviewed, and a final determination is made in your claim
You do not have to stop fighting if you believe you are entitled to Social Security disability payments. The appeals process can be time-sensitive, time-consuming, and stressful. You are entitled to have a lawyer or other representative with you throughout your initial filing and during an appeal.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Social Security Disability Lawyer Can Help
If an injury or disability prevents you from continuing to work to support yourself and your family, you might qualify for Social Security disability benefits. You might qualify for coverage if you are the widow or widower of a qualified spouse. Your disabled child or other family member with blindness or low vision might also qualify for coverage.
Do not hesitate to apply for coverage when you need it most. A Marion Social Security disability lawyer can help you file a claim or appeal a denial for the coverage you may be eligible to collect. Speak to a member of our team about your Social Security disability claim when you call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC at (828) 286-3866 today.