If you or your loved one cannot work due to a disability, you can apply for monetary benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSA). Social Security Disability (SSD) programs can help anyone living with limited resources due to a disability in South Carolina and other states. If you are seeking benefits from these programs, our firm can represent you.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help our clients with the often complex process of applying for disability benefits. A Boiling Springs Social Security Disability lawyer from our firm can ensure you take the proper steps at every stage to get the benefits you deserve. Whether you are just getting started or working through a denial, an attorney from our firm can help.
In This Article
- How Our Social Security Disability Lawyers Can Help with Your Claim
- Understanding Eligibility Requirements for SSDI and SSI
- Eligibility for Emergency Disability in Boiling Springs
- How Much Do SSDI and SSI Pay?
- Our Legal Team Can Help If Your Application for Benefits Is Denied
- Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Today for SSD Help in Boiling Springs
How Our Social Security Disability Lawyers Can Help with Your Claim
In many cases, approval for SSD benefits takes several weeks or months due to the government’s fraud protection measures. While it’s important to ensure benefits only go to those who need them, these measures can make the application process challenging.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our Social Security Disability legal team can help you apply for benefits by:
- Explaining the process and your options during a free consultation
- Determining if you qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Answering any questions you have about eligibility, the process, or benefits that may be available
- Ensuring your forms are correctly filled out to avoid potential delays
- Gathering documentation to support your claim and prove the extent of your disability
- Providing regular updates on the status and progress of your application
- Handling every aspect of your case with no out-of-pocket fees due
We can also help if you already applied for SSDI or SSI and received a denial. We’ll review the denial notice, explain the next steps, file the appeals forms, and represent you at hearings. Regardless of where you are in the process of claiming benefits, a Social Security Disability attorney from our firm can provide support.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Boiling Springs, call 828.286.3866
Understanding Eligibility Requirements for SSDI and SSI
Under the umbrella of SSD, there are two types of benefits available, each with different eligibility requirements.
- According to the SSA, to meet the requirements for SSDI, you must have:
- Worked in jobs that pay into Social Security for a specified period based on your age and work credits
- A medical condition that is listed in the SSA’s Blue Book or prevents you from working for a year or more
To meet the SSA’s eligibility requirements for SSI benefits, you must:
- Be of retirement age, blind, or disabled
- Have limited income, including wages and pension
- Have limited resources
- Be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. national, although several exceptions exist for this requirement
You May Qualify for Benefits Even If Your Condition Is Not Listed
In general, the SSA requires applicants to have a disability listed in the Blue Book for approval. In the Blue Book, qualifying disabilities fall into these categories:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Special senses and speech
- Respiratory disorders
- Cardiovascular system
- Digestive system
- Genitourinary disorders
- Hematological disorders
- Skin disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Congenital disorders that affect multiple body systems
- Neurological disorders
- Mental disorders
- Cancer (malignant neoplastic diseases)
- Immune system disorders
However, the SSA also allows some applicants to receive benefits for a disability not listed in the Blue Book. In these cases, you will need to meet the definition of disability. If you have questions about your eligibility for SSDI or SSI benefits in Boiling Springs, our Social Security Disability lawyers can help.
Boiling Springs Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Eligibility for Emergency Disability in Boiling Springs
The SSA also offers two fast-track processes for those in need of emergency disability benefits. You may qualify if your condition is severe and clearly meets the standards for eligibility.
The Quick Disability Determinations (QDD) process screens for cases where a favorable disability determination is highly likely. Meanwhile, the Compassionate Allowances (CAL) process screens for diseases or other conditions that meet the requirements to quickly provide benefits in certain cases.
How Much Do SSDI and SSI Pay?
If you are applying for SSDI benefits, the amount you can receive depends on your work history. According to figures from the SSA, the average amount disabled workers received in 2021 was $1,280 per month.
Meanwhile, the maximum amount you can get for federal SSI benefits in 2022 is:
- $841 per month for eligible individuals
- $1,261 per month for eligible couples
Approval for SSI benefits may also qualify you for Medicaid insurance, including hospital, medical, prescription, and dental insurance coverage.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Legal Team Can Help If Your Application for Benefits Is Denied
It’s not uncommon for applicants to have their applications denied. One of the most significant benefits of working with our Boiling Springs Social Security Disability legal team is the assistance we can provide if the SSA denies your application.
If you receive a denial, we can guide you through the steps of appealing the decision, including:
- Preparing your appeal documents
- Representing you at disability benefits hearing in front of an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ)
- Filing an appeal if the ALJ issued an unfavorable decision
- Appealing the decision in a court outside of the SSA system
Especially during your hearing with the ALJ, it’s essential to make a compelling case for why you deserve benefits. We can prepare additional evidence and work to build a strong argument in your favor during your disability benefits hearing.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Today for SSD Help in Boiling Springs
Our attorneys understand how important it is for you to get the SSD benefits you seek when you cannot work due to a disability. We can help you file an accurate application, gather proof to show the extent of your disability, and work towards getting your application approved.
Call us at (864) 582-1310 for more information on how we can help with your Social Security Disability application.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form