Social Security Disability provides vital support to people in Dallas and throughout the country. The process of getting that support may be much less stressful for you if you hire a lawyer from our firm to represent you throughout your case.
Our Social Security Disability lawyer can not only explain the different types of benefits you might qualify for, but we also do all the work associated with filing for those benefits. If your claim is denied, we can fight hard to get that decision reversed.
It is natural to wonder if hiring a Social Security Disability attorney to help with your application is worth the cost. Below is a partial list of the many services we can perform in exchange for a contingency fee:
- Determining which kind of benefits to apply for: There are two types of Disability benefits. Do you qualify for one of them or both of them? Our firm can answer this critical question and prevent you from applying for something you do not qualify for.
- Explaining how benefits work: We can help you avoid common pitfalls, like using the wrong application form or making mistakes that cause the Social Security Administration (SSA) to cut off your benefits.
- Applying for benefits: Our team of lawyers and other legal professionals can submit all of the forms and evidence on your behalf. It can be tricky finding the right paperwork to send on your own, so it is safer to let us do it.
- Appealing a denial: If you disagree with a decision the Social Security Administration (SSA) makes, you have the right to appeal that decision. We can explain and guide you through this process.
- Representing you at hearings: If your SSA appeal gets as far as a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) or the Appeals Council, we can appear at these hearings with you or for you.
The attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, want you to walk away with a fully favorable SSD decision from the Social Security Administration. We fight hard to achieve this result.
In addition to completing legal tasks for you, we make sure you are coping with the stress of the application process by:
- Assessing your case for free: All you have to do is contact our office. At no risk and no obligation to you, a member of our team can let you know if and how our firm can help you.
- Charging no attorney’s fees up front: You will only pay us after they get the money you were seeking.
- Being honest and reliable: Applying for Disability benefits is confusing enough. You deserve an attorney who will update you regularly about your case’s progress and tell you the truth about what is happening.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Dallas, call 828.286.3866
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is one type of Disability benefit. According to the SSA qualifications, you could apply for SSDI if:
- You worked and paid into Social Security for a certain number of years (the number depends on your age).
- You have a disability or disease that will last for at least one year and/or will result in your death.
- You are the spouse or child of someone who qualifies for SSDI.
Social Security Disability Insurance is a safety net for workers who can no longer do their previous job or any other jobs. To prove you qualify for this benefit, you would have to show the SSA documentation relating to:
- Your medical history, especially the diagnosis and treatment of your disability
- Your work history, proving you have worked long enough to receive SSDI payments
- Your relationship with the disabled worker, if you are a spouse or child seeking benefits based on someone else’s eligibility
Our Dallas Social Security Disability lawyer can tell you which materials to send and how to find those materials.
Dallas Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
The other type of Disability benefit is Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Your eligibility for SSI depends on whether you:
- Are of retirement age
- Are a blind or disabled person of any age
- Do not have the means to support yourself
The parents of underage children can also apply for SSI if the child is disabled and if the household has limited income. This money can make life easier for children with congenital conditions and other disabilities.
Once you start receiving benefits, you can continue to receive them for as long as the SSA believes that you meet the requirements for those benefits. You could lose your benefits if the SSA believes that:
- You have recovered enough to work.
- You are making more than the maximum allowed yearly income for people on benefits.
- You have acquired another form of income, such as an inheritance.
- You have gotten married, and your income, combined with your spouse’s, exceeds the income limit.
If you believe that the SSA has falsely terminated your benefits, we want to know about it. Our team can figure out why the SSA ended your benefits and determine what forms of evidence will convince them that you still need that money.
It is daunting to receive a letter saying that your benefits are ending. It may help to know that Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, is here to support you and to use our knowledge of the Disability benefits system to reinstate your benefits as quickly as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Dallas Social Security Disability lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can file for benefits on your behalf and represent you during any meetings or hearings that arise in the course of your case. Contact us today to get started with a free case review. We charge no attorney’s fees until you get your benefits.