If a truck wreck injured you or a member of your family, or if a family member was fatally injured, our Greer truck accident lawyer will help you navigate your injury case. Our law firm is familiar with South Carolina’s insurance and personal injury laws. We will also identify the at-fault party, assign an accurate value to your truck accident injuries, and ensure your case meets all filing deadlines.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, understands all the moving parts involved in building a solid truck accident case. We create a carefully detailed list of your recoverable damages, including your current and future medical bills and lost wages. You can also request compensation for your physical and emotional pain and suffering or for the wrongful death of your family member.
In This Article
Put Our Truck Accident Attorney to Work for You
You do not have to find your way around your truck accident case without legal support and direction. When we represent you, our team handles all the details of your case. This allows you to focus on getting better without worrying about running out of time to file your lawsuit. Our team will:
- Identify the at-fault party or parties
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence
- Compile evidence that supports your case
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation
- Search for photos and video footage
- Maintain ongoing avenues of communication
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
During the investigative phase of your case, our goal is to prove and assign financial liability. During the compensation phase, we carefully evaluate your recoverable damages and assign a value to them. Our personal injury attorney will also take your case to trial, if necessary, to continue your fight for a settlement.
Our Team Will Negotiate with the Insurance Company
The settlement negotiation phase of your lawsuit is complex. It can also be stressful. When we take care of the process for you, our team will ensure:
- Your case is carefully and accurately valued
- You do not mistakenly accept a flawed offer
- You understand the finality of a signed agreement
- Negotiate for the best possible monetary outcome
We also make sure you understand your role in the settlement process since the final decision is yours to make. We will advise you on each offer you could receive to ensure you can make a well-informed final decision before accepting it.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Our Law Firm
Previous clients share the benefits of working with our client-centered legal team. They say:
- “I highly recommend Mark Morris and his team for any legal matters you have…A huge thank you to them for handling everything for me. Made the process…easier.” — Kim McMullan
- “I was very pleased with the services and professionalism of Ms. Valentine and her office…Ms. Valentine handled our matter in a professional and expeditious manner…If I am in need of legal assistance in the future, Ms. Valentine and her office, would be my first contact.” — Joann Torres
You can read more reviews like these on our testimonials page and see what it means to be treated like a client, not a case file.
For a legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Greer, call 828.286.3866
Recoverable Economic and Non-Economic Damages
After a truck accident in Greer, our injury lawyer will fight hard for the financial compensation you are due. Our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team will carefully list and document your damages. According to S.C. Ann. § 15-32-200, that can include the following:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Known and anticipated lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Funeral and burial expenses, if applicable
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Lasting or permanent scarring or disfigurement
This list is in no way exhaustive, and no two injury victims will have the same types and amounts of damages. Assigning a value to your case is a very personal process, so our team treats you like a person, not a case file, and ensures we mistakenly overlook valid financial expenses or losses.
We Will Use Evidence That Supports Your Greer Truck Accident Case
Most personal injury cases settle out of court rather than at trial. That often happens, and the settlement process usually begins once the collected evidence tells the story of the wreck’s cause and aftermath. When our team manages your truck collision case, we include these items in your evidence file:
- Medical records and bills
- Salary history records
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
We also request a copy of your official truck accident report because it will have valuable information and evidence, including the police officer’s notes and diagrams. It will also tell us the wreck’s underlying causes, such as driver distraction, drug or alcohol abuse, improperly loaded cargo, etc. These details help strengthen your compensation request.
The Timing of Your Potential Lawsuit Matters
The time it takes to prepare your potential lawsuit and fight for a favorable resolution will vary from case to case. The state determines the time you have to file your legal action in South Carolina. Accordingly, S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 generally gives you up to three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Your injury case starts on the date the accident happened. If you are filing a wrongful death action, your case starts on the date the injured party died. Our truck accident attorney will ensure compliance with the filing deadline and protect your potential lawsuit from outright dismissal.
Greer Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Review Your Greer, S.C., Truck Accident Case Today
Were you or a loved one hurt in a truck wreck that someone else’s negligence caused? Our injury lawyer can help you fight for the compensation you are entitled to from the at-fault party. You can explore your legal options during a free consultation with our team. Call our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, case review team at (828) 286-3866 today to get started.