Were you or a loved one injured because of someone else’s negligence? If you were, you could have the basis of a personal injury case. The compensation we can request for you includes coverage of treatment-related medical care, income loss, pain and suffering, and property damage or loss.
When our Greer personal injury lawyer represents you, you get the power of our entire Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC team on your side. We will prove the identity of the at-fault party and compile the evidence that proves their liability. We will also organize your evidence and submit it to the at-fault party’s insurance representatives or present it at trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached.
Examples of Recoverable Damages Victims Pursue for Personal Injuries
Recovering damages in a personal injury case is complex and can involve a myriad of paperwork and documentation. Our law firm handles this for you by contacting every entity that might have a piece of supportive evidence. This may include:
- Your employer for copies of your salary history
- All medical facilities for copies of records and bills
- Your mechanic for copies of vehicle repair estimates
- Your car accident report to prove cause and liability
We collect evidence on your behalf so you can focus on getting better. We also handle the organization, preservation, and submission of your evidence. In addition, we make sure you have a positive and supportive in-office experience with every member of our team.
After an accident, you are entitled to economic damages. These are the expenses to which you can attach a fixed value. When we represent you, we help you request the following economic damages:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future income loss
- Property damage or destruction
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- In-home medical and domestic help
Our personal injury attorneys make sure the overall value we assign to your case is accurate with careful and thorough calculations. We also make sure their value is accurate by helping you avoid a speedy but flawed settlement offer that is made before all bills and documents are available.
The non-economic damages we request for you are harder to quantify and, on your own, can be difficult to assign a value. We use your current medical records and written prognosis to assign a value to your:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
We will help you prove the physical and emotional trauma you have and will experience. In addition, we will also help you collect documents, including mental and physical health care records.
Protect Your Right to Take Legal Action
When we manage your personal injury case, we fight hard to negotiate a settlement for you. In most cases, your lawsuit will be resolved this way. However, in rare instances, we may have to go to court to get the settlement you are entitled to for the at-fault party’s negligence. To protect your right to do so, we make sure your case is filed in compliance with the statute of limitations.
In South Carolina, the personal injury and wrongful death statutes of limitations are generally three years, according to S.C. Ann § 15-3-530. If you or a loved one was injured, the personal injury statutory clock starts ticking on the date the accident occurred. If a loved one was an accident fatality, the wrongful death statutory clock starts ticking on the date of your loved one’s demise.
What a Personal Injury Attorney Can Do to Help You
If an accident in Greer injured you or a family member, our personal injury lawyer could help you fight for financial recovery. Our legal team will:
- Review your medical records and accident report
- Compile, review, and submit your evidence
- Canvass the area for photos and video footage
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Complete and submit required paperwork and forms
We will also negotiate on your behalf and represent you in court, if necessary.
Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Law Firm Handles
On your own, it can be hard to determine if your injuries form the basis of an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. We represent clients who were injured in the following manners:
- Car wrecks
- Wrongful death
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
We will work hard to uncover the at-fault party’s duty, breach, cause, and damages — the legally required elements of negligence. Then, once proven, we start defining the value of your financial damages.
Accolades from Previous Personal Injury Clients
When we represent injured victims, our goal is to fight for the best possible outcome. On our testimonials page, clients we obtained results for in the past said:
- “We had multiple companies involved in a complicated legal matter. He patiently walked us through all the issues involved and helped guide us through every step of the way. In the end, I could not have asked for a better outcome. I will definitely be using Josh again.” – A Civil Litigation Client
- “I have known Josh since opening his business in Rutherfordton. I have used his services as well as seen him represent others in court situations. He represents his clients well and is very professional.” – Gene
- “I went to Josh a little over a year ago to help me with a case…He was so easy to talk to and was a great and focused listener. He made me feel confident in the case and totally optimistic…I recommend him highly to anyone. – Jayne
We will fight as hard for your financial recovery as we have for previous clients. Our goal is to foster your recovery from the physical and financial aftermath of your accident.
Contact Our Office to Receive a Free Review of Your Personal Injury Claim
Were you or someone you love injured in an accident in Greer? If another person’s negligence caused the accident, our personal injury attorney will guide you through the process and help you fight for financial compensation. Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC by calling (828) 286-3866 today.