At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help car wreck victims seek financial compensation from the driver who caused the collision. In these cases, the state requires you to prove the at-fault driver failed to provide you with a reasonable duty of care, causing your injuries and their related expenses. When we represent you, our team proves that negligence occurred in your crash.
If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a wreck, our Greer car accident lawyer will collect evidence, prepare your case file, and assign a detailed value to your case. To ensure you are favorably compensated, we request that the liable party covers your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We also make sure we make your compensation request within the allowable time frame.
Common Types Of Car Accidents In Greer
Car accidents can happen in a variety of ways. The way your car accident occurred can give your attorney a clearer understanding of who could be responsible for causing your injuries. Some of the more common types of car accidents you could have been involved in include:
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Underride wrecks
- Tire blowouts
- Blind-spot accidents
- Lost-load accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Highway accidents
- Intersection wrecks
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- Single-car accidents
If you were involved in another type of car wreck that is not listed above, that does not mean you do not have grounds for a case. Your attorney will need to carefully examine the way in which your car wreck occurred to determine who is responsible for causing your damages.
For a legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Greer, call 828.286.3866
Cause And Fault In Greer Car Accidents
One of your lawyer’s most important responsibilities will be establishing liability. To do this, they will need to closely examine the way in which your car accident occurred. Here are some of the more common causes of car accidents and their respective culpable parties:
- Dangerous road conditions – This can include any hazardous situations on the roadways. This could include a failure to replace missing street signs or malfunctioning traffic lights, secure road construction zones, install streetlights, and otherwise ensure the roads are safely maintained. Anyone responsible for the integrity of the roads can be held accountable for collisions caused by dangerous road conditions.
- Negligent driving – This can include any type of unsafe driving behaviors, such as distracted driving, following too closely, refusing to stop at a traffic light or stop sign, violating other traffic laws, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, drowsy driving, and road rage, to name a few. Negligent drivers are commonly held accountable for their unsafe driving practices.
- Defective vehicle parts – Auto parts become defective and malfunction more often than you might think. Some of the more common types of vehicle defects include issues with tires, airbag inflators, vehicle rollovers, fuel tanks, and other parts. Anyone involved in the design, manufacture, or distribution of these parts could be held accountable for accidents caused by malfunctioning products.
Greer Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
How Our Law Firm Supports Your Compensation Request
Our car wreck attorney serving Greer will work with you to create a list of your recoverable car accident expenses. We make sure we do not overlook or omit any valid expenses. In addition to valuing your case, our team members will:
- Prove the at-fault driver’s negligence
- Assess the monetary value of your case
- Collect and organize your evidence
- Prevent you from accepting a settlement too soon
- Intervene with the at-fault driver and their insurer
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement for you
Our team leaves no stone unturned when we prepare your case and present it to the at-fault party. We fight hard to resolve your case with a settlement, but sometimes that’s not always possible. Because you have the final say in accepting or rejecting every settlement offer, we help you carefully weigh each option and then will take your case to court if you do not receive an acceptable offer.
We Will Collect Evidence That Supports Your Case
Collecting evidence is an important part of your personal injury case. We will collect it for you and add these items to your case file:
- Medical records and bills to prove the cost and extent of your injuries
- Written prognosis to estimate future costs and pain and suffering
- Repair estimates and replacement guides for your damaged car
- Work and salary history records to prove the value of your lost wages
- Car wreck report to establish the accident’s cause and contributing factors
We also gather witness statements and photos of the crash scene and your injuries. In addition to your written statement, these items tell the story of the accident and establish your right to financial compensation.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
We Communicate With The Insurance Company For You
Dealing with an insurance company after a car wreck can mean coping with back-and-forth communication, demand letters, and a great deal of paperwork. Our familiarity with insurance and personal injury law in Greer means we can handle the at-fault driver’s insurance company, including insurance adjusters. To make the process easier for you, our team will:
- Ask for claim forms
- Request information
- Manage settlement negotiations
- Communicate and correspond with all key parties in your case
The at-fault driver’s insurance company will have its best interests and those of its client in mind when working on your case. When our attorney represents you, we fight hard for your interests and the best possible outcome of your case. Our goal is to resolve your case without adding to the stress and anxiety of the car wreck.
We Care About Our Clients
Browse our Google reviews and testimonials page to find recommendations like these:
“This is a law firm that actually cares about its clients, with high integrity and moral support…I would highly recommend them to anyone who may need an attorney.” – John Hudson
“We made a superior choice in Hannah. She was very gracious, confident, and deliberate in guiding us through this important process.” – Normie Halverson
“I have hired Gabrielle Valentine several times and every single time she has gone beyond and gotten me everything I asked for or needed…Thank you from the bottom of my heart.” – Tasha Vinci
As with the clients we have helped in the past, your car wreck case and your fight for compensation are a priority for our entire team.
Financial Compensation After A Car Wreck
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we advocate for car wreck victims. After a crash in Greer, our car accident lawyer will help you seek compensation for the following recoverable damages:
- Injury-related medical treatment
- Injury-related loss of income
- Physical impairment and disfigurement
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Property damage, loss, or diminished value
In addition to assigning a monetary value to your injuries, we also collect the evidence that proves their value and your right to compensation. The evidence we collect for you can include bills, receipts, and estimates. It can also include witness statements and other required forms.
Start Building Your Case Immediately
S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530 outlines the personal injury and wrongful death statutes of limitations in South Carolina. The statutes generally give you three years to file your lawsuit. The date the statutory clock starts ticking will vary according to:
- The date of the collision in injury and property damage cases
- The date of the decedent’s demise in wrongful death cases
Our personal injury attorney will explain the relevant statute and, with enough notice, ensure we meet the filing deadline.
When you involve our law firm sooner rather than later, we have time to investigate your case thoroughly, locate and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh, and locate residential, commercial, and smartphone photos and video footage.
Review Your Car Wreck Case at No Cost
The majority of reputable car wreck attorneys work with injury victims on contingency. This means you will not have to pay any out-of-pocket expenses or cover attorney’s fees up front. Your attorney will absorb the risk of building your case and pursuing your claim against the liable party in the hopes of recovering the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer In Greer For Help
If you or someone you love is recovering from a car wreck in Greer, our personal injury team will prepare your compensation case. Learn more about how hard our car wreck lawyer will fight for you by calling our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC team today.