A Gastonia brain injury lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, will fight for compensation for the damages stemming from your brain injury. In a free case review, we will discuss your options with no risk and no commitment on your part.
Fighting for Financial Compensation After a Brain Injury
When you work with our highly-rated personal injury team, we fight to get you compensation in the following areas:
- Medical care costs: Recoverable expenses include ambulance transportation, emergency room treatment, diagnostic testing, surgical procedures, medications, rehabilitative therapy, and medical equipment.
- Home modification: In some cases, you may need to add a temporary or permanent wheelchair ramp or safety devices such as handrails or grab bars in the shower. These modifications may be imperative to maintain your safety after a traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Property damage: Your car needs repair or replacement after a vehicle accident. If you had damaged items in a vehicle, they may also be reimbursable. Our team will compute a diminished value claim for your car if insurance opts to repair it.
- Wage replacement: You shouldn’t suffer financially when you cannot work due to a TBI. We fight to recoup any lost income, commissions and bonuses, and future earnings you cannot bring in.
While the recoverable expenses above might help to balance your checkbook, they don’t cover any of the non-tangible losses you suffer with a brain injury. You may be able to recoup non-economic damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Physical disabilities
- Lower quality of life
Our brain injury team understands the impact of a TBI on you and your entire family. We fight for an appropriate level of compensation for you. Money won’t cure a brain injury, but you have a better chance of recovery without financial distress.
If a Brain Injury Leads to the Death of Your Loved One
Let us convey our heartfelt condolences if you lost someone due to a traumatic brain injury. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that approximately 190 people died per day from TBI-related injuries in 2021. If a member of your family passed away from a TBI-related injury, your family might be eligible to receive financial assistance in several areas, including:
- Medical bills from attempted life-saving measures
- Funeral and burial costs, including a casket, urn, and headstone
- Lost income if they were the primary family support
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of spousal and parental guidance
- Emotional trauma
North Carolina has specific rules on who can apply for death-related benefits. Discussing the matter with a brain injury lawyer will offer a better idea of what compensation your family is eligible to receive.
How a Gastonia TBI Lawyer on Our Team Can Help During Your Recovery
We have served over 10,000 clients and received a rating of 4.9/5 based on over 230 Google Reviews. Leave it to Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to handle your case.
After experiencing a TBI, your recovery period can be long and arduous. While you recuperate, our brain injury lawyer can work on your case by:
- Investigating your accident to determine the cause and liable party
- Calculating the value of your claim, including future needs
- Compiling evidence to support your case
- Communicating with insurance companies
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Pursuing a lawsuit in civil court, if necessary
- Representing you during all meetings and court proceedings
You can rely on us to provide regular updates to keep you aware of how your case is progressing.
North Carolina Brain Injury Lawsuits Have a Defined Time Limit
The time limit for brain injury lawsuits in North Carolina is usually three years, per G.S. § 1-52. If your loved one passed away from a brain injury, your family generally has two years to take wrongful death action, per G.S. § 1-53.
There might be some leeway on the statute of limitations, but as a general rule, your case might be dismissed unless filed on time. A Gastonia brain injury attorney with our firm will help ensure you meet all deadlines.
Understanding How Brain Injuries Might Affect Your Life
Mayo Clinic reports that a TBI can cause symptoms like:
- Personality change
- Difficulty with concentration
- Speech incongruencies
- Severe headaches
- Memory loss
- Light sensitivity
- Loss of consciousness
- Vision loss or changes
- Loss of balance
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, brain injury can manifest in various ways. Symptoms may develop immediately following an accident or several days or weeks later. If you suspect a TBI, please seek proper medical care.
In addition, deaths from TBI injuries are increasing and may result from many different types of accidents, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports-related injuries
- Construction site or workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Dog attacks
- Swimming pool mishaps
The above list is not all-inclusive. When you have questions about a brain injury, discussing it with an attorney at our firm can be helpful.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC — We Fight for You After a Brain Injury
When you need a law firm to fight for you, a Gastonia brain injury lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, is ready. Partnering with our brain injury team leaves you free to work on your recovery. Contact us any time for your free case review.