You shouldn’t have to deal with the legal aftermath of suffering a brain injury. Instead, you should consider the benefit of partnering with a Spartanburg brain injury lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC.
Compensation in your case could account for your medical bills, lost income, and other related expenses. Our personal injury lawyers offer no-obligation case reviews to injured people and their loved ones.
Recoverable Damages for Brain Injury Victims in Spartanburg
You and your loved one could recover these losses following an accident that led to a brain injury:
- Lost income: Your brain injury may leave you unable to earn your regular income. You may also lose benefits, bonuses, and other perks of being employed. You can recover each of these things through legal action.
- Lost earning power: Even though you may return to work after your brain injury has improved, you could earn less than you did before. Lingering injury symptoms, a change in jobs, or other outcomes of your injury may account for this lost earning power.
- Medical costs: A brain injury may require emergency medical care, hospitalization, extensive medical imaging scans, surgery, at-home care, and other forms of treatment. The medical cost of a brain injury can add up quickly and continue until you’re fully recovered.
- Pain and suffering: A brain injury may cause pain and suffering for both the victim and those negatively affected. How much you can seek for pain and suffering depends on your condition’s severity.
You can seek other losses depending on the details of your accident.
Wrongful Death-Related Damages in Spartanburg
If your loved one passed away from a brain injury, we can seek coverage for:
- Funeral expenses
- Lost spousal companionship
- Lost financial support
- Lost parental guidance
- Grief counseling
We consider any brain injury to be serious. Our team will fight for the financial justice that you and your loved ones deserve.
Should I Hire an Attorney to Lead My Brain Injury Case in Spartanburg?
Trying to handle an insurance claim or lawsuit while recovering from a brain injury is, for many, not wise. Hiring a Spartanburg brain injury attorney may:
- Prevent you from making your brain injury worse, as stress and mental exertion may interfere with your recovery
- Provide financial protection, as our firm can pay for all case-related expenses
- Provide a clear plan of action during a confusing, overwhelming time in your life
- Result in a positive outcome to your brain injury case
Many attorneys handle brain injury cases in Spartanburg. To achieve the outcome that you want, it’s crucial that you hire the right attorney for you. The team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC is ready to uphold your legal rights.
What Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Offers Its Clients
Personal injuries rank highly among our firm’s practice areas. Because our team has a clear focus on this case type, we know what could benefit your situation. Our firm has:
- Six attorneys: We assign our lawyers to cases based on their specialties. This ensures that the most qualified lawyer from our firm will lead your case.
- Four offices: We’ve positioned our offices so that we offer in-person, responsive legal care to each client we represent. We will be able to visit your accident scene, meet with you where it’s most appropriate, and make every necessary appearance on your behalf.
- Served more than 10,000 people: This sort of experience will undoubtedly help with your case. We have overcome countless challenges, and we have obtained many positive results for our clients.
- One goal: You and our legal team share a common goal; holding the at-fault party responsible and recovering damages so that you and your family can heal.
Each client receives our strongest efforts. We will hire experts, pay for reports and exhibits, and take any other necessary steps to win your case. These resources will come at no extra cost to you.
How We Handle Brain Injury Cases in Spartanburg
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC is ready to lead your claim from start to finish. Hiring us for your brain injury case lets us:
Determine Who’s Liable for Your Injury
We will identify all liable parties, determine how much they owe you, and include those parties in whatever legal action we take. Whether accountability comes through an insurance claim or lawsuit, liable parties should cover the damages they’ve caused.
If an insurance company undervalues or denies your claim, we can present evidence of your losses, such as medical expenses, to seek fair compensation.
Gather Evidence and Documentation to Support Your Claim
We’ll seek any evidence that shows who is responsible for your brain injury. The types of evidence we collect may depend on the precise cause of your injury. We’ll also document your losses with:
- Medical bills
- Physicians’ assessments of your injuries
- Proof of lost income
- Other forms of documentation, such as the police report (if you were hurt in a car accident, for example)
Our personal injury attorneys will preserve all evidence in a safe place and reference certain documents as necessary.
Negotiate a Settlement
Our firm is experienced in both settlement negotiations and trials. Whichever path your case follows, our team will fight hard to win for you. While you rest, we can handle communications with the insurance companies for you.
Provide Client-Focused Legal Care
When you bring your brain injury case to us, we will give you the personalized legal care you deserve. We never want our clients to feel like they are just another case file on a desk. Instead of applying a standardized approach to your case, our Spartanburg brain injury team will tailor a legal strategy to suit your individual needs.
Our aim is to secure the compensation that can help you receive the treatment you need and get your life back on track.
What to Expect After a Brain Injury in Spartanburg
Our firm fights diligently for brain injury victims, as we know the challenges that they face. Per Mayo Clinic, brain injuries can cause:
- A loss of coordination
- Confusion and other cognitive problems
- Loss of sensation in the extremities
- Speech problems
- Personality changes
You or your loved one may experience other symptoms. The severity of the brain injury may determine which symptoms you experience, how long those symptoms last, and how acute those symptoms are. For example, traumatic brain injuries may lead to ongoing medical care.
The effects of a brain injury can interfere with every aspect of your life. During this challenging time, our personal injury attorneys serving South Carolina offer legal support.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Today for Your Free Consultation
Brain injuries can throw your life into disarray, and we want to help you re-establish order. Our team in South Carolina will manage your legal case while you focus on recovering. A Spartanburg brain injury lawyer from our firm will provide focused, attentive legal care throughout your case.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today to complete your free consultation.