Were you involved in a Lyft accident that left you with serious injuries and mounting bills? Consider hiring a Gastonia Lyft accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to handle your legal case.
Car wrecks can permanently change your life. Whoever caused your accident—whether it is another driver, a rideshare company, or someone else—should help you cope with those changes. Our firm can make it easier for you to hold them responsible.
Our Attorney in Gastonia Wants to Serve You
After a car wreck in Gastonia, it is normal to feel shaken, scared, and overwhelmed. Trying to file a lawsuit in such a state could only make things worse. You might:
- Exacerbate your injury symptoms by overworking yourself and worrying too much, meaning that it would take you longer to heal
- Inadvertently say or do something to undermine your case to give the insurance company a reason to refuse fair payment
- Accept a settlement offer that seems adequate but does not truly reflect the full worth of your injuries
To avoid such outcomes, you could hire our Gastonia Lyft accident lawyer to handle everything for you. While you focus on recovering from the accident, our team would be busy:
- Communicating with everyone involved in the wreck, including you, the liable party, and your insurance companies
- Building your case file with materials from your medical records, the police report, expert and witness testimony, and more.
- Dealing with paperwork by filling it out for you and submitting it to the necessary parties in a timely manner
- Pursuing the damages you need by negotiating for a pretrial settlement and/or arranging to take the liable party to court
- Calculating the monetary value of all of your injuries—physical, financial, and emotional—to ensure you get an appropriate amount from the insurer
Even as we work hard to make your lawsuit a success, we never forget what is at the heart of every case: an injured client who needs and deserves our full attention. You can depend on us to:
- Provide you with a free case review when you call us for the first time
- Respond to your questions in a timely and helpful manner
- Keep you up to date on your case’s progress at every step of the way
- Provide you with empathetic yet no-nonsense advice on how your case may go and what we may have to do to get your money
- Charge no attorney’s fees until we put money in your pocket
What Is Fair Lyft Accident Compensation?
Your settlement (or jury award) should include an appropriate amount of compensation for everything you lost, temporarily or permanently, because of the Lyft accident. This includes the loss of physical or emotional wellness caused by:
- Reduced quality of life: Your prior lifestyle is now untenable because of injuries that affect your ability to participate in fun or necessary activities.
- Pain and suffering: Emotional and physical trauma can each take a toll on your health. The accident itself could also be a source of psychological trauma.
- Disability: Any injury that causes either a short-term or a long-term disability could entitle you to compensation. That includes a broken bone, amputation, paralysis, and more.
You should also ask for reimbursement for the money you spent or lost because of:
- Medical bills: Whether you took an ambulance to the hospital or waited to see your own provider, the cost of treating Lyft accident injuries can quickly add up.
- Loss of income or earning capacity: Injuries can keep you away from work for days, weeks, or longer. The most serious injuries could prevent you from ever working again.
- Property damage: The most common form of property damage in Lyft accident cases is damage to your vehicle. However, if you lost a cell phone, family heirloom, or other valuable item, this could increase the amount of compensation you receive.
It is important to keep in mind that you can only sue for a particular accident one time. You must therefore ask for all of the compensation you will ever need now, or else you risk running out of money in the future.
Our attorneys can calculate damages based on losses you have already sustained, and we can estimate how much you may lose in years to come. Together, these amounts should reflect fair Lyft accident compensation.
Who Pays Lyft Accident Compensation?
Car wrecks involving Lyft vehicles could involve three different insurance companies:
- Your own insurance
- The other driver’s insurance
- Lyft’s insurance
If there are multiple liable parties, you could be dealing with even more insurers.
How much each insurance company has to pay depends on the individual policies involved and the circumstances of your accident (for instance, was the Lyft driver carrying a passenger at the time?). As part of our investigation into your crash, our lawyers can determine who should pay what.
Want Accident Compensation? You Should Act Fast
While you do have the right to file a lawsuit after a Lyft collision, that right lasts for a limited time. This limit, as defined at G.S. § 1-52, is three years. In other words, you:
- Must begin your case within three years of the date of the wreck
- Cannot receive compensation if you start your case too late
- Would have to try to find an exception to this law if you tried to file your case more than three years after the fact
Our firm encourages you to seek legal assistance as soon as you have received treatment for your injuries and are no longer in immediate danger. This way, we have the maximum possible amount of time to file your case and come up with a viable strategy for pursuing your settlement.
We Help Lyft Accident Survivors in Gastonia
If you want to seek compensation for your Lyft accident injuries, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, may be able to help. Get a free case review by calling our office today. Find out how our Gastonia Lyft accident lawyer can make it simpler for you to pursue fair damages from a negligent driver or another party.