A brain injury can lead to temporary or permanent physical and cognitive impairment. It can also lead to financial havoc. Our Tryon brain injury lawyer will help you and your family build a case and take on the at-fault party and their insurer.
The compensation we request for you can include your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. We also help families recover compensation after the loss of a loved one due to a brain injury. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our personal injury lawyers never stop fighting for you or the financial compensation you need and deserve.
Compensation We Can Recover for Brain Injury Victims in Tryon, NC
Our Tryon personal injury lawyer understands how difficult it can be to assess your recoverable damages on your own. We also know how easy it can be to overlook expenses and losses you are entitled to recover. When we represent you, we can request the following compensation:
- Medical bills: Includes all medical, therapeutic, and rehabilitative care, prescription and over-the-counter medications, and assistive medical devices
- Income loss: Includes all the income you would have earned from full- or part-time employment, business ownership, and freelance income
- Pain and suffering: Includes all physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering caused by your brain injury and the recovery process
We are passionate about helping our injured clients hold the at-fault party accountable for the results of their negligence. Our goal is to ensure your case is never undervalued or underpaid.
Families Can Recover Compensation After a Loved One’s Fatal Brain Injury
Brain injuries can range in severity from mild to fatal. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data, approximately 176 brain injuries were fatal in 2020. Per G.S. § 28A-18-2, your family can seek the following reasonable and necessary wrongful death damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The decedent’s medical bills
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Loss of the decedent’s income
When our law firm handles your family’s case, we carefully detail your recoverable damages. We also handle the negotiation process on your behalf and fight hard to obtain a favorable monetary settlement.
How North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations Affects Your Tryon Brain Injury Case
The state requires the timely filing of any civil lawsuit. Because your accident happened in Tryon, its filing deadline is determined by North Carolina law. Accordingly:
- If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury caused by someone else’s negligence, G.S. § 1-52 generally entitles you to three years to file your personal injury lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the date the accident occurred.
- If a loved one succumbed to a brain injury after a negligence-based accident, G.S. § 1-53 generally entitles your family to two years to file its wrongful death lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the date of your loved one’s demise.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our brain injury lawyer will ensure your Tryon case is filed on time. Filing your lawsuit too late could mean you cannot file it at all. It could also be dismissed without its merits ever being heard.
How We Document the Legal Elements of Negligence in Your Brain Injury Case
Your brain injury case is governed by many state laws. In addition to the statute of limitations, the state requires proof of the at-fault party’s negligence in causing the injury. The four elements of negligence include:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
To prove these elements, we build a strong case file with the following evidence:
- Medical records
- Employment history
- Accident report
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- Witness statements
- Expert testimonials
We will not tax you or your family with collecting evidence. Our legal team does this for you and submits your case file along with a demand letter to the at-fault party and their insurance provider.
Support You Can Expect From Our Tryon Brain Injury Team
Collecting substantive and compelling evidence is only one part of the legal service and support we provide every client.
- Obtain case-related documents and reports
- Canvass and review accident photos and videos
- Request accident reconstruction from an expert
- Handle all communication related to your case
- Explain complex legal and insurance language
- Clarify the legal parameter of your brain injury case
- Ensure you receive regular and timely case updates
We know no two brain injury cases are exactly alike, so we work hard to ensure you get the individualized attention to detail you and your case deserve. Leave it to us. We will treat you like a person, not a case file.
Negligence-Based Accidents That Can Lead to a Brain Injury
A brain injury can have a variety of causes. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, causes can include trauma from car accidents and sports injuries. Our law firm represents clients and their families after the following accidents:
- Car wrecks
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
One of our team members will review your case at no cost or obligation. We start by listening to your story with compassion and gleaning important details. Once we understand the type of accident you or a loved one was involved in, we identify the at-fault party. From there, we put together the strongest possible case and fight for the best financial outcome for you.
Work With Our Tryon Brain Injury Attorneys Today
A brain injury can leave you and your family reeling and uncertain of what to do or how to recover compensation. Our Tryon brain injury lawyer can help. We will build your case and negotiate on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
Contact our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC case review team to get your request for compensation started today.