If you or a loved one suffered a head injury in an accident caused by negligence, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can help you seek compensation from the liable party. Our Forest City brain injury lawyers can prove the at-fault party owes compensation and fight for every cent you deserve.
We will represent you through every stage of your liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, ensuring you are never alone in pursuing economic justice. Let us put our decades of legal experience and winning track record behind protecting your rights and financial future. You can start a free case review today to learn more about partnering with our team.
Our team can help with brain injury cases involving:
- Car wrecks
- Motorcycle collisions
- Bus crashes
- Truck/commercial vehicle wrecks
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous or defective products
We also advocate for wrongful death claimants and their families.
For a legal consultation with a brain injury lawyer serving Forest City, call 828.286.3866
Our attorneys will investigate the accident that caused your brain injury to determine liability and prove negligence. Steps we can take to build your case include:
- Obtaining police reports or incident reports detailing your accident
- Gathering your medical records and consulting with doctors and health care professionals about your injuries
- Visiting the scene of your accident to take photographs and collect physical evidence
- Locating and interviewing eyewitnesses
- Tracking down and reviewing any cell phone, surveillance, or dashcam video of your accident
- Hiring and consulting with crash reconstruction specialists and other case experts when necessary
We do everything in our power to secure positive outcomes for our clients. You can learn more about our client-centered care by reading our firm’s testimonials.
We Protect You from the Other Party’s Insurance Company
Many personal injury cases begin with an insurance claim. For example, we can pursue your damages with an auto liability claim if your TBI resulted from a car wreck. However, when you work with insurers, you must remember their job is to look out for their company’s bottom line – not your best interests.
The opposite is true regarding our attorneys – we work for you, not the insurance company. We will aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available for your brain injury and protect you by:
- Presenting the insurance company with a strong case proving your right to compensation
- Standing up to allegations that you bear fault for your accident and injury
- Reviewing your settlement and rejecting lowball offers
- Defending you against bad-faith tactics or pressure to accept a hasty settlement that may be less than you deserve
If we cannot reach an agreement with the insurance company or a claim is not an option, we will take your case to civil court. We will prepare your lawsuit and represent you at trial if necessary.
Forest City Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we have guided thousands of clients through the process of pursuing personal injury compensation. We know that this is a difficult time for you and your family, and we also understand that your damages extend beyond the monetary costs of your accident.
Our lawyers will review your case to identify all of your economic and non-economic damages. We want to ensure that you receive full and fair compensation for your losses, which may include the following:
- Medical treatment, including ambulance transportation, medical procedures, hospital stays, doctors’ visits, medications, mobility aids and medical devices, long-term nursing, in-home health services, and life care
- Lost income, including wages, employment benefits, and lost earning capacity (if your brain injury has a long-term or permanent effect on your ability to work)
- Personal property damages, including the cost of vehicle repairs or a replacement if the accident involved your car, truck, or motorcycle
- Non-economic damages, including physical pain and suffering, loss of mobility, loss of cognitive functioning, and scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional and mental distress, including depression, anxiety, stress, and loss of enjoyment of life
If your loved one sustained a fatal brain injury, our wrongful death attorneys serving Forest City, NC, can help their personal representative (executor) take action on behalf of their estate and its beneficiaries. Damages may include the losses listed above and compensation for funeral and burial expenses, along with the loss of the deceased’s support, services, and society.
The Severity of Your Brain Injury Dictates What You Can Recover
A brain injury can be devastating, affecting your physical health, cognitive functioning, and mental and emotional well-being. As such, you deserve financial recovery that reflects your unique hardships and circumstances. We consider the following factors when determining what constitutes a fair settlement or court award:
- Whether you’ve suffered a loss of coordination
- Profound confusion
- Your ability to live independently
- Whether you’ve spent money out of pocket
- Your earning capacity
- Your missed time from work
- Any allegations of fault
- The details of the accident itself
If the accident that caused your brain injury was not your fault, the liable party should pay – not you or your family. Our Forest City personal injury lawyers can hold negligent parties financially accountable for their careless or wrongful actions. We will pursue every cent owed for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Damages Through a Lawsuit
The statute of limitations in North Carolina for personal injury lawsuits is three years, according to G.S. § 1-52. You have two years to pursue a wrongful death case under G.S. § 1-53. If you do not file your lawsuit within these deadlines, the court will likely bar you from taking legal action, even if you have a strong argument proving negligence.
The statute will also affect your insurance claim because it will significantly reduce your bargaining power if it expires and you can no longer sue. Our team recommends consulting us as soon as possible after suffering a brain injury; we can set your case in motion and uphold any deadlines.
There is a reason the Daily Courier Readers’ Poll has voted Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC “Best Attorneys for Rutherford County” since 2011. It is because of our unwavering dedication to providing excellent legal services to every client throughout every stage of every case.
Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how our Forest City brain injury lawyers can fight for you. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, so you pay nothing upfront or out of pocket for our help.