Car accidents happen far too often and can leave victims with severe injuries and lasting financial damages. If you or someone you love sustained an injury in a car wreck, our car accident lawyer could help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions. Our law firm will identify the cause of your wreck, the at-fault party, and their insurance company.
The team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, will use this information and the results of our investigation to fight for awards that cover the costs of your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. We will compile evidence, present it to the insurer, and negotiate the best possible outcome for you. So, start with a free review of your case, then leave the rest to us so you can focus on healing.
In This Article
- Car Wreck Victims Can Recover Multiple Types of Compensation
- Common Causes of Car Wrecks
- What It Means to Trust Our Client-Focused Personal Injury Team
- Call for Your Free Case Review Today
Car Wreck Victims Can Recover Multiple Types of Compensation
When our personal injury lawyer represents you, we create a detailed list of your recoverable damages. We aim to ensure no accident-related expenses and losses are overlooked or omitted when we request compensation for the following:
- Economic damages: Known and anticipated medical bills and income loss, treatment-related travel expenses, property damage, and total property loss.
- Noneconomic damages: Lasting physical disabilities and disfiguring injuries, ongoing physical pain and suffering, and mental and emotional trauma.
Wrongful Death Compensation After a Collision
If your family lost a loved one in a car wreck, you have our deepest condolences and our commitment to fight for a range of wrongful death damages for you. Along with the costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial, we also recover awards for the loss of your loved one’s financial and familial support.
Our legal team will explain additional monetary damages you can recover and which family members can benefit from a wrongful death action.
The Statute of Limitations After a Car Wreck Can Be Difficult to Interpret
All civil cases have a state-imposed statute of limitations that determines how much time you have to file your lawsuit.
- In North Carolina, you generally have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit, per G.S. § 1-52, and two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit, per G.S. § 1-53.
- In South Carolina, you generally have three years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, per S.C. Ann § 15-3-530.
However, it can be more complicated than you think to comply with the filing deadline since various factors can cause it to change. Thus, the best way to ensure you meet the statute of limitations is to let our car accident attorney handle this mandatory part of your case. We will file your lawsuit on time and help you avoid the potentially costly consequences of missing the deadline.
Common Causes of Car Wrecks
Car wrecks can have a wide variety of causes. Proving the cause of your collision is crucial to establishing the at-fault driver’s negligence. The primary reason for most car wrecks is driver error, which can include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Driver fatigue
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
Additional causes of car wrecks can include road and weather conditions, vehicle defects, or defective parts. Our car accident team will prove the cause of your accident and hold the at-fault driver or other entity liable for your post-accident expenses and losses.
How Our Car Accident Lawyer Proves the Cause of Your Wreck
Your accident only qualifies for compensation if you show how negligence caused the wreck. Thus, our car accident lawyer will collect evidence that proves the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The responsibility to drive safely.
- Breach of duty: The action or behavior that puts your safety in danger.
- Causation: Proof the accident would not have occurred without the negligent act.
- Damages: Establishing the accident’s resulting monetary impact.
Let us handle the process of proving these legal elements for you. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we take care of everything else so you can take care of yourself.
What It Means to Trust Our Client-Focused Personal Injury Team
When our law firm is on your side, we take care of every aspect of your case. Rather than tax you or your family, we compile, organize, and submit evidence for you. On your behalf, we will also:
- Review the at-fault driver’s insurance policy
- Complete and submit all paperwork
- Handle all case-related communication
- Explain legal and insurance language
- Address any questions and concerns
We know how hard it can be to wait for news and information about your case, so we make sure you get updates on any progress or developments. In addition, we handle the details of the negotiation process and will represent you in court if you cannot settle your case.
Evidence We Collect to Prove Your Right to Financial Compensation
To pursue compensation from the driver who caused your collision, you have to prove their actions were negligent. So, our legal team will collect evidence such as:
- Your police report, which will contain essential contact information, the investigating officer’s narrative, points of impact, and other information supporting your case.
- Medical records and bills, which will document the cause of your injuries and your emergency, follow-up, and future treatment costs.
- Employment and salary history records, which will document the income you lost due to your injuries and throughout your recovery.
We also obtain statements from witnesses at the scene of the accident and from expert consultants.
Call for Your Free Case Review Today
Did you or someone you love sustain injuries in a car wreck, or did a loved one die from their injuries? If so, our car accident lawyer will help you pursue the at-fault driver for compensation. We will prepare your case and negotiate a favorable settlement with the driver and their insurance company.
Learn more about our commitment to recovering damages for injured clients by calling our case review team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today.