If you or someone you love was injured in an accident while riding your bike, you could be entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault driver or their insurance company. Our Columbus bicycle accident lawyer will investigate your accident and prove the at-fault driver’s negligence. We will collect evidence on your behalf, obtain a copy of your police report, and build a strong and compelling case file.
You never have to fight for financial recovery on your own when our legal team handles your case. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we will deal with the insurance company and fight to help you recover the costs of your medical care, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. We leave no stone unturned to pursue the compensation you need and deserve. So while we handle your case, you can focus on getting better.
In This Article
Our Bike Accident Lawyer Will Prove Your Right to Compensation
The driver who collided with your bicycle owed you a duty of care. To pursue the at-fault driver, we prove the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty — the driver had a duty to safely share the road with the bicycle
- Breach — the driver breached this duty by driving in an irresponsible manner
- Cause — the driver’s actions were the cause of your injuries
- Damages — the driver’s actions were the cause of your financial expenses and losses
On your own, it can be hard to understand what constitutes negligence in North Carolina. However, our bicycle accident attorney will explain the evidence we collect to prove these elements.
Evidence That Establishes the Elements of Negligence in Bicycle Accidents
When we say we handle every aspect of your case, we mean it. We take care of the time-consuming challenge of collecting evidence and building a solid case file that leads to compensation.
We include the following evidence in your case file:
- Your police report will contain identifying information and contact details for the driver, their insurance provider, and anyone who witnessed the accident
- Your medical records will contain details on your injuries, their severity, your recovery, and your prognosis for the future
- Your paycheck stubs and tax records that indicate the monetary value of your lost income from all sources of employment
- Your accident scene and injury photos that prove the sequence of events that led to the collision
We also locate and interview witnesses while their recollections are fresh in their minds. Our goal during evidence collection is to resolve your case with a financial settlement versus going through the time and expense of a lengthy trial.
For a legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Columbus, call 828.286.3866
Types of Damages Available in a Bicycle Accident Claim
After your bicycle accident, our bicycle accident lawyer will create a detailed list of the damage you are entitled to recover. We fight for two types of damages — economic and non-economic.
Economic damages have a value assigned to them that can be documented with bills and receipts. They include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
Non-economic damages can be more difficult to substantiate. Our law firm will help you assign a monetary value to your:
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Ongoing mental and emotional anguish
- Diminished quality of life
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we document your losses and fight to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Time Limits That Affect Your Request for Compensation in North Carolina
Your request to recover compensation from the at-fault driver must comply with the state’s filing deadline. Depending on the outcome of the bicycle case:
- You could have up to three years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, according to G.S. § 1-52.
- You could have up to two years from the loss of a loved one to file a wrongful death lawsuit, according to G.S. § 1-53.
If your case is not resolved with a settlement or negotiations are prolonged, we will file your lawsuit on time. We take this extra step on your behalf to protect your right to go to court if a fair and appropriate settlement agreement cannot be reached.
Columbus Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Our Fee Structure Removes the Costly Risks of Delaying Your Case
You do not have to wait to file your bicycle accident case or save to afford an attorney. Our law firm will accept your personal injury case on a contingency-fee basis. We will investigate your accident, collect evidence, and negotiate with the driver’s insurance company at no cost to you.
We are not compensated until you are, and you owe us nothing if your case does not result in a financial award.
Reviews and Recommendations from Previous Personal Injury Clients
Our legal team works hard to meet the ongoing needs of every client we represent. When previous clients leave reviews for our law firm, they say:
- Andrea Shepherd: Farmer & Morris Law have been an absolute treasure to work with on my personal injury case…Hannah Davies has gone above and beyond any expectations I started out with. She took time to always answer any questions I had, she worked for me when the insurance wanted to stop.
- Tammy Cotton: After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process…We could never thank them for all their…hard work.
Find more reviews from satisfied clients on our testimonials page. They provide insight into working with a law firm that never stops fighting for the compensation you are entitled due to the at-fault driver’s negligence.
Call a Columbus Bicycle Accident Attorney for Your Free Case Review Today
Financial compensation after a bicycle accident can be hard to obtain on your own. However, when our Columbus bike accident lawyer represents you, we handle all the big and small details involved in getting you the monetary recovery you are entitled to receive. Learn more about how we can help you by contacting Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form