A catastrophic injury is more than a medical condition. It’s the loss of your independence. It’s the upheaval of your world as you knew it. Yet, even during this dark time, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. By securing legal representation in Columbus, you can work on rebuilding your life while a catastrophic injury lawyer builds your injury case.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC would be honored to manage your catastrophic injury claim. Our client-first, wholehearted approach has secured positive outcomes time and time again for survivors of serious injuries. A Columbus personal injury lawyer can start pursuing financial justice now. Call to start your free initial consultation.
When you entrust us with your legal matters, we:
- Work on a contingency-fee basis. We never ask that our clients pay anything upfront or out of pocket for our help. Our attorneys only get paid at the end of the matter, withdrawing their fees from your final settlement.
- Stay in communication about your case. You should never feel out of the loop when it comes to your catastrophic injury case. That’s why our team offers consistent updates using your preferred communication method.
- Handle all case-related communications. Speaking of communications, we handle all phone calls, text messages, and emails from those involved in your case. This means you never have to speak to a claims adjuster and face their high-pressure tactics.
Six attorneys. Four offices. Ten thousand clients served. One goal: recovering the financial compensation you need to adapt to your new normal.
We Advocate for Clients Injured in These Columbus-Area Accidents
For more than a decade, we’ve advocated for survivors of catastrophic injuries and their families. Some of our practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Bus collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck crashes
- On-the-job injuries (such as construction accidents)
- Fatal incidents
If you suffered injuries because of another party’s negligence (meaning their reckless or careless actions), you could have the basis of a personal injury case. Our lawyers serving Columbus want to hear from you now.
Our personal injury law firm is committed to handling your case’s every obligation. From the moment you hire our team, we get to work:
- Investigating your accident
- Identifying the at-fault and liable parties
- Filing your personal injury claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Updating you on any settlement offers
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary
This isn’t a complete list of our case-related services. Your legal strategy and how we approach the at-fault party depend on your circumstances.
A catastrophic injury changes your life, and we believe the damages you recover should reflect that. For instance, if you can no longer work, you deserve financial recovery for your lost income. If you now require residency in a long-term care facility, the liable party should cover those costs.
Other losses we can pursue in your case include:
- Medical bills, including physical therapy and nursing care
- In-home modifications, such as widened doorways and wheelchair ramps
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of income and reduced earning capacity
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage costs (if you were injured in a collision, for instance)
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
We understand that you may want the services of a Columbus catastrophic injury lawyer because your loved one suffered a fatal injury. In that case, you have more than our condolences; you have the support of our entire legal staff.
Our wrongful death lawyers can secure financial justice that accounts for your loved one’s end-of-life care costs, medical treatment, and pre-death pain and suffering.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Damages Following a Catastrophic Injury
You have all the time in the world to heal from your condition and start this new chapter in your life. You don’t, however, have all the time in the world to file a personal injury lawsuit. Under N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1-52, you generally have just three years to initiate legal action. You have even less time under N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1-53 to file a wrongful death lawsuit–typically just two years.
While our team can handle even the most complex cases, we can’t extend the statute of limitations or otherwise toll the deadline. Once your filing period ends, you lose the right to compensation, even if you have a compelling case. You don’t have to lay awake at night feeling uncertain about your legal options or worrying about the statute of limitations any longer. Instead, start your free consultation with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC.
You don’t need a specific reason to hire a lawyer following your catastrophic injury. If you just don’t want to deal with the claims process, you have every right to partner with our firm. Still, you may consider retaining our help if:
- The insurance company has denied your claim. Some insurance companies do everything possible to avoid paying out high-value claims, like those involving life-changing injuries. Our team understands the ins and outs of the insurance industry, and this empowers us to recover fair settlements for clients.
- There are issues regarding fault. The other party might blame you for the accident, hoping to decrease their liability. We use evidence to assert that they caused your condition and fight for damages accordingly.
- You’re unsure of what you’re owed for pain and suffering. In catastrophic injury cases, pain and suffering can have significant financial values. Yet, unlike medical bills and lost income, pain and suffering doesn’t come with supporting documentation. Our lawyers understand how to calculate these losses and ensure we request a fair amount from the insurer.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC would love nothing more than to alleviate your legal burdens. We offer much-needed support to those suffering from catastrophic injuries or living in the aftermath of a loved one’s passing. To explore working with our Columbus personal injury attorneys, call now.