When a bicycle and car collide, there is nothing to protect the cyclist from the impact, leaving them vulnerable to severe and catastrophic injuries. If a vehicle hit you or your loved one while you were on your bike, we can hold the negligent driver financially accountable.
A Marion bicycle accident lawyer with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can pursue fair and full compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more. You do not have to fight for personal injury damages alone. Our team can put decades of combined legal experience behind securing the awards you need to get back on your feet.
Our Attorneys Can Seek Justice for Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, is a full-service law firm with a personal injury team dedicated to seeking justice for clients hurt by others’ negligent actions. We strive to provide excellent legal representation to every client through every step of every case.
Our firm will strive to make seeking compensation for your bicycle accident damages as easy as possible for you and your loved ones. Our goal is to ease your legal burden so you can turn your time and energy to what is most important – your health and your family.
We Will Identify and Pursue Your Damages
You should not have to pay for damages caused by a driver’s mistakes. Our Marion bicycle accident attorneys will work tirelessly to identify and pursue every cent owed to you so you have the resources you need to recover from your wreck. We can seek compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income, earnings, and benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Bicycle and personal property damages
- Household services
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent and disabling injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
We Will Prove a Negligent Party Is Liable for Your Crash
We will collect evidence proving that a driver or another liable party (such as another bicyclist or negligent pedestrian) caused your injuries and damages. Our lawyers can obtain:
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Photographs of your injuries and damaged bicycle
- Cell phone, surveillance, or dashcam footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Bills, invoices, pay stubs, receipts, and other proof of your losses
- Testimony from subject matter experts like doctors, economists, and crash reconstruction specialists
We Will Provide 24/7 Help and Legal Support
There is a reason we have over 230 positive Google Reviews and a 4.9/5 star Google rating. We put clients first and are passionate about getting the best outcome for every case.
We will draft and file your claims or lawsuits, communicate with involved parties on your behalf, and always advocate for your best interests. If necessary, we will prepare your case for civil court and represent you at trial. If you have questions or concerns, you can contact us 24/7 on our helpline, so you always have a way to reach out for support.
In addition, we take personal injury cases on contingency, meaning we never charge upfront or out-of-pocket for our services. You only pay attorney fees if and when we win your case.
For a legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Marion, call 828.286.3866
Auto Liability Insurance Covers Bicycle Crashes
Drivers in North Carolina are financially responsible for the accidents they cause. According to the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles, motorists must have $30,000/$60,000 in bodily injury liability insurance per person/per accident and $25,000 in property damage liability. Usually, this coverage applies to collisions involving bicycles, meaning you can seek damages through an auto insurance claim.
Marion Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
How Long Do You Have to Pursue a Bicycle Accident Case in North Carolina?
While many bicycle wreck cases resolve through insurance, we can help you take legal action if needed. According to G.S. § 1-52, you have three years from your crash to file a personal injury lawsuit. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, G.S. § 1-53 allows two years from their passing to file a wrongful death suit.
You should get started on your case right away. Doing so ensures you have enough time to investigate your crash and work through the insurance process before your time to take legal action expires. Acting quickly can also help in the following ways:
- It allows our lawyers to start collecting evidence before it gets lost, deteriorates, or the scene of the crash gets cleaned up.
- It gives our lawyers a chance to locate and speak with eyewitnesses before their memories fade.
- A delay in filing could lead the insurance company or opposing counsel to allege your injuries did not result from your bicycle wreck.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) reports that 16 to 20 bicyclists suffer fatal injuries in motor vehicle collisions every year on the state’s roadways. Some of the leading causes of bike wrecks include:
- Driver/cyclist negligence. Motorists and bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities when it comes to sharing the roadway and obeying traffic laws. When drivers tailgate, run red lights or stop signs, make improper turns, or pass illegally, they put cyclists at risk.
- Speeding. According to NCDOT, a bicyclist hit at 25 mph has a 95 percent chance of survival. Those odds drop to 50 percent at 30 mph and 15 percent at 40 mph.
- Location/environment. Cyclists are more at risk in urban areas, on highways where vehicles travel at higher speeds, and at intersections. In addition, bad weather and inadequate lighting can reduce visibility and increase the chances of a collision.
- Alcohol. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around one-third of fatal bicycle accidents involve driver or cyclist intoxication.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Reach Out to Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, for Help With Your Bicycle Wreck
Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today to learn more about how our Marion bicycle accident lawyers can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party. The first call is free.