All your life, you’ve heard: “Aren’t motorcycles dangerous? Why do you ride one?” Now, after getting into an accident, you’re getting I-told-you-so’s instead of compassion. You have the same rights to the road as everyone else, plain and simple. If you were hurt in a motorcycle wreck or lost a loved one, our lawyers want to advocate for you.
A Columbus motorcycle accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can seek fair compensation for your injury-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. When you entrust your claim to our personal injury lawyers in Columbus, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands. We offer free case reviews where you can call today and learn more.
Benefits of Retaining Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Columbus, NC
Our team does everything in its power to recoup fair compensation for your injury-related losses. Pursuing compensation is more than filing a claim and waiting for the insurance company’s response. It requires our team to review your case, identify the at-fault driver, and submit all required forms.
While you focus on resting and recovering, our attorneys will also:
- Calculate the financial value of your injuries
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence and liability
- Search for supporting photos and video footage
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
- Represent you if your case goes to court
We will also represent you on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we absorb all the upfront costs of preparing your case. Your lawyer will not receive their fees until we win compensation for you. Our goal is to secure financial recovery without adding to your stress. You can learn more about the benefits of partnering with our firm during your free case review.
Reviews and Referrals from Previous Clients
Our testimonials page is packed with recommendations from clients we have helped in the past. When they share reviews about our client-centered approach to representation, they say:
- “I’m so glad I went to these guys for help! They were on it! They helped me resolve my issue. I should have [gone] to them sooner…I appreciate all you guys, all the hard work, and being so prompt.” – Russell
- “They were very professional and courteous. Katrina walked us through every step and explained everything in detail to us…I will be forever grateful to them both. I highly recommend Farmer and Morris.” – Leisa
- “I was referred to Mark Morris by a friend…He took the time to explain the entire process in detail, emailed me information, and made sure to follow up with me…Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you’ve done for us.” – Jessica
We handle your case with the same dedication we brought to each of these clients and with the goal of getting the best possible outcome.
We Determine the Cause of Your Motorcycle Accident in Columbus, NC
When Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC takes on your case, we start by listening to your version of the events that led to the accident. From there, we launch an investigation into the cause of your collision, which involves interviewing witnesses and consulting accident reconstruction specialists.
We find that many times, human error causes more motorcycle accidents than anything else. Another motorist may have caused your accident and injuries by:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to navigate poor road conditions
- Aggressive driving
- Speeding or drag racing
- Disregarding traffic signals
- Driving while intoxicated
Our motorcycle accident lawyers will delve into the cause of your accident, the injuries you sustained, and the at-fault driver’s negligence. This will grant us invaluable insight into the other party’s fault, liability, and negligence.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Seek Financial Compensation
As noted, seeking fair compensation is more than filing a claim. It requires us to understand the many details of your collision, including how it happened and who is responsible. When pursuing the best possible settlement, our law firm will:
- Present each settlement offer to you
- Review the feasibility of each offer
- Consult financial experts to fairly calculate your losses
- Learn the value of your pain and suffering
Because the final decision is yours to make, we ensure you understand the finality of a signed settlement agreement and help you make a well-informed decision. We also work hard to make sure you do not inadvertently accept a speedy yet flawed settlement that still leaves you with out-of-pocket expenses.
We Seek Economic Damages for Motorcycle Accident Victims
Your Columbus motorcycle accident attorney will seek full and fair compensation for your financial losses. We use receipts, bills, and invoices to calculate their values. Compensable economic damages include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Assistive medical devices
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage or loss
If a loved one was fatally injured in a motorcycle wreck, we help your family members recover the costs of making their final arrangements. We also help you recoup their financial and household contributions to your family.
Our Lawyers Pursue Non-Economic Damages From Negligent Drivers
For some lawyers, calculating non-economic damages is difficult. That’s because these losses don’t come with documentation. However, this is no problem for our North Carolina law firm. We use our resources to determine how much you deserve for:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
Our legal team will assess and document the toll of your personal injuries on your physical and mental well-being. We leave no stone unturned when seeking the full cost of your injury-related hardships, including those you haven’t incurred yet.
Our Lawyers Manage Your Case’s Statute of Limitations Deadline
In North Carolina, you have a limited time to file your personal injury lawsuit, with the length of time varying depending on the outcome of the accident. Accordingly:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of the accident, according to G.S. § 1-52.
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of your loved one’s passing, according to G.S. § 1-53.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys will clarify the relevant timeframe, along with any factors that may affect it. With enough notice, we will also ensure your lawsuit is filed on time to help you avoid the consequences of an expired deadline.
Get Medical Attention Following Your Columbus Motorcycle Accident
Visiting a healthcare provider is one of the most important steps following a collision. They can assess your condition, render treatment, and offer insight into your estimated recovery period. What’s more, your imaging scan and lab test results can serve as important evidence during negotiations.
In our years of service, our motorcycle accident lawyers have advocated for people after suffering:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Deep lacerations
- The loss of one or more limbs
Our legal team will collect your medical records to prove the cause of your injuries and seek the full cost of your necessary healthcare.
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Are Ready to Review Your Case Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a recent motorcycle accident in Columbus, our motorcycle accident lawyers will prove the cause of your accident and build a strong case for financial compensation. Get a free review of your motorcycle accident case today by calling Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC.