If you or someone you love was injured in a collision between your motorcycle and a vehicle, we help you seek compensation from the at-fault driver. Our Columbus motorcycle accident lawyer collects evidence, contacts the at-fault driver’s insurance company, and assigns a financial value to your case to fight for your compensation. We also make sure your lawsuit is filed on time to preserve your right to go to court, if necessary.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we prepare solid case files that lead to financial compensation for our clients. We will handle the negotiation process from start to finish and help you secure a settlement that lets you start getting your life back on track. The compensation we negotiate for you includes medical treatments, lost wages and income, and physical and emotional pain and suffering.
- Types of damages victims of motorcycle accidents can pursue
- Economic damages
- Non-economic damages
- Complying with statutory deadlines
- Benefits of retaining our motorcycle accident attorney in Columbus
- Reviews and referrals from previous clients
- Our motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to review your case today
Types of Damages Victims of Motorcycle Accidents Can Pursue
The driver whose negligence caused your accident bears financial responsibility for its aftermath. Our motorcycle accident lawyers establish negligence by proving their duty, breach, cause, and damages. Next, to pursue the best possible settlement for you, we will:
- Present each settlement offer to you
- Review the feasibility of each offer
- Consult financial experts on your behalf
Because the final decision is yours to make, we ensure you understand the finality of a signed settlement agreement and help you make a well-informed decision. However, we also work hard to make sure you do not inadvertently accept a speedy yet flawed settlement that does not take the full financial impact of the accident into account.
After we prove the at-fault driver’s negligence, we help you collect economic damages. These are the damages that have an attached and provable cost. They include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Assistive medical devices
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Past and future income loss
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage or loss
If a loved one was fatally injured in the motorcycle wreck, we help your family members recover the costs of making their final arrangements. We also help you recover their financial and household contributions to your family.
The non-economic damages you are entitled to are typically more difficult to calculate. These damages are intangible and are typically based on the severity of your personal injuries and your written prognosis. They include:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Our legal team will help you assess and document the toll your personal injuries have taken on your physical and mental wellbeing and on your ability to enjoy life. In addition, we make sure your non-economic damages are accurately valued before the beginning of the settlement process.
Complying with Statutory Deadlines
In North Carolina, you have a limited amount of time to file your personal injury lawsuit, with the length of time varying depending on the outcome of the accident. Accordingly:
- The personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years from the date of the accident, according to G.S. § 1-52
- The wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years from the date of your loved one’s accident-related demise, according to G.S. § 1-53
Our motorcycle accident attorney will clarify the relevant timeline and any circumstances of your accident that alter the timeline. With enough notice, we will also ensure your lawsuit is filed on time to help you avoid the risks of an expired timeline, leaving you with no legal option to compel the at-fault driver to compensate you.
For a legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Columbus, call 828.286.3866
Benefits of Retaining Our Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Columbus
Our motorcycle accident attorneys will review your case, identify the at-fault driver, and contact their insurance or legal representatives. We handle all communication on your behalf and complete and submit all required forms and documentation. Our attorneys will also:
- Calculate the financial value of your injuries
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence and liability
- Search for supportive photos and video footage
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
- Represent you if your case goes to court
We will also represent you on a contingency fee basis, meaning we absorb all the up-front costs and will not receive our fee until we win compensation for you. Again, our goal is to ensure you can pursue the compensation you are entitled to without adding financial stress to an already stressful situation.
Reviews and Referrals from Previous Clients
Our testimonials page is packed with recommendations from clients we have helped in the past. When they share reviews about our client-centered approach to representation, they say:
- “I’m so glad I went to these guys for help! They were on it! They helped me resolve my issue. I should have [gone] to them sooner…I appreciate all you guys, all the hard work, and being so prompt.” – Russell Mitchell
- “They were very professional and courteous. Katrina walked us through every step and explained everything in detail to us…I will be forever grateful to them both. I highly recommend Farmer and Morris.” – Leisa Snyder
- “I was referred to Mark Morris by a friend…He took the time to explain the entire process in detail, emailed me information, and made sure to follow up with me…Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything you’ve done for us.” – Jessica
We handle your case with the same dedication we brought to each of these clients and with a goal of getting the best possible outcome for you.
Columbus Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers are Ready to Review Your Case Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident in Columbus, our motorcycle accident lawyer will help you prove the cause of your accident and build a strong case for financial compensation. Receive a free review of your motorcycle accident case today by contacting Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, at (828) 286-3866.