If you suffered injuries in a car accident, getting back to normal is more complicated than just waiting for your body to recover. A collision can result in significant financial losses. Your life may feel stifled or derailed entirely, but the legal team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, wants to help you get things back on track. After a car accident, our Dallas lawyers can take your case and help you hold the at-fault driver responsible.
We will determine the cause of the crash, the financial cost of the damages you’ve suffered, and the liable insurance company. Our Dallas personal injury lawyer’s investigation will allow us to gather evidence and documentation that we can present to the insurer and use to advocate for the money you deserve. You start the process by calling us for a free case review. We handle everything else.
Types of Compensation Our Dallas Car Accident Attorneys Can Recover
One of the most critical parts of your car accident lawyer’s job is to draft a complete list of your recoverable damages. Car accident victims can seek recovery for two types of compensatory damages as long as they stem from the accident (either directly or indirectly):
- Economic Damages– Also known as pecuniary or special damages, this refers to the financial losses arising from the accident. Current and pending medical bills, lost income and work benefits, reduced ability to earn, property damage or loss, and costs of replacement transportation are some examples of economic damages you may have. These types of losses have a direct financial value.
- Non-economic Damages– Otherwise called non-pecuniary or general damages, this category covers harm to you that is not financial. It includes disabilities, physical pain and suffering, scars or disfigurement, lost quality of life, and emotional or mental anguish. Because these damages aren’t based on a financial figure, your Dallas car accident attorney must assign them a value based on a number of factors, such as the severity of your injuries.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Serving Dallas, NC, Help Family Members File Wrongful Death Claims
If you’ve lost someone you love in a car wreck, we want to extend our deepest condolences and our promise to do everything we can to fight for the justice you deserve. Our law firm can assist you with filing a wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages that this terrible loss has caused. Our lawyers serving Dallas, NC, could help you recover losses that include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost financial and familial support
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of protection
- Emotional pain and suffering
An attorney will provide further detail about your eligible wrongful death damages and which relatives can file a wrongful death claim according to North Carolina law.
Statute of Limitations For Dallas, North Carolina, Auto Accidents
If you are filing a personal injury lawsuit, you generally must meet the three-year statute of limitations imposed under G,S.1-152. Per the law, you generally have three years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit for monetary compensation. For wrongful death cases, you generally have two years to seek damages under G.S.1-153.
Having a full understanding of your filing deadline is difficult if you don’t know the factors that could influence it. Our Dallas auto accident attorney can determine how long you have to file a lawsuit and work to streamline the process.
Our Lawyers Can Prove Negligence Caused Your Dallas, NC, Car Wreck
In order to qualify for damages, you must prove that you are not at fault and demonstrate that the car wreck resulted from the other driver’s negligence. Our law firm will conduct a detailed workup of your collision to compile evidence that proves the four elements of negligence as described below:
- Duty– The other driver had a legal obligation to keep others on and near the road reasonably safe.
- Breach– The other driver failed to uphold this duty through some action, such as violating a traffic law.
- Causation– The other driver’s failure led to the crash. If negligence hadn’t taken place, the accident wouldn’t have either.
- Damages– You suffered injuries and financial losses due to the accident.
It may be difficult to discover the above information on your own. Our attorneys have years of experience working on these types of claims and sometimes work with investigators and crash analysts to help us look into car accidents.
What It’s Like Working With Our Dallas, NC, Personal Injury Law Firm
Working with our law firm serving Dallas, NC, gives you the time and space to focus on your family and your recovery. We do everything in our power to alleviate the stress upon you and your supporting loved ones as we manage your case. We keep you updated and make sure you understand the legalities of your auto accident claim. Among the duties we fulfill are:
- Reviewing applicable insurance policies
- Submitting paperwork and retrieving records related to your case
- Handling communications with insurers, police, witnesses, medical providers, and more
- Investigating the cause of the crash
- Negotiating your settlement
- Filing a lawsuit
- Representing you in court and fighting for your financial award
- Answering any questions you may have
Call Us For Help From a Dallas Car Accident Attorney
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, is a law firm dedicated to client service. For help from a Dallas car accident lawyer, call us today. We can discuss your case during a free consultation.