You have a right to travel safely whether by foot or vehicle. When the carelessness of others puts you in danger— or worse harms you outright—you have a right to compensation from that person.
With the mild weather, quaint homes, peaceful neighborhoods, and plethora of outdoor activities, it’s common to see people taking a stroll through Cherryville, NC. Unfortunately, accidents happen even in places deemed safe and peaceful.
If you or a loved one were struck by a car while walking, a Cherryville Personal Injury Lawyer can help. You can call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC for a free consultation. We’ll help you understand your rights in North Carolina and discuss the facts of your case.
Should You Hire a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Cherryville, NC?
Pedestrian crashes are usually severe and sometimes fatal for the injured. If you’ve survived this traumatic experience, your primary focus should be your health and recovery. There’s no need to put additional strain on yourself or your loved ones to handle an insurance claim or lawsuit. A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Cherryville, NC, on our team will manage the entire claims process for you. We have the time, knowledge, staff, and financial resources to pursue the money you deserve and win.
Highlights of our law firm include:
- We have been voted best in Rutherford County consistently since 2011
- Our commitment to providing excellent service and legal representation to every client and case at every stage
- We have multiple dedicated attorneys with diverse experience and expertise in personal injury law
- We are available any time through our 24/7 helpline to answer your questions
- We have recovered millions of dollars for clients in North Carolina and South Carolina
- We offer a free case evaluation
- We have no upfront or out-of-pocket expense to secure the services of one of our injury lawyers
You Are Entitled to Fair and Full Compensation After a Pedestrian Accident
The injuries from a collision with a motor vehicle are typically devastating for pedestrians. Broken bones in the lower region of the body, spinal cord damage, and head trauma, such as brain injury, are just a few of them. Even milder injuries like bruises and lacerations demand medical care.
In addition to the obvious physical impairments you may be left with, these injuries result in medical bills. You may not have the ability to pay for the care you need. The entire situation can leave you with significant physical and mental pain and suffering.
North Carolina law says that personal injury victims can recover compensation for these economic and non-economic losses from the at-fault party. Our Cherryville pedestrian accident attorneys will help you seek fair and full compensation for damages, such as:
- Medical care
- Mobility aids and assistive devices
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Lost wages if you cannot work
- Reduced earning potential if you are disabled
- Travel expenses
- Personal property damage
- Substitute domestic services
- Mental anguish
- Lost quality of life
- Physical injuries
- Punitive damages
Families Can File a Wrongful Death Claim After a Fatal Pedestrian Crash in Cherryville
Many pedestrian victims do not survive the collision with a moving vehicle. After a fatal pedestrian accident, the family of the victim may seek damages from the at-fault driver through a wrongful death claim. Our law firm serving Cherryville assists families during these difficult times. We will fight for the justice your loved one deserves and the money you need to ease the financial strain on your family. Our legal team can help you recover damages, such as:
- Lost economic support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of services
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of protection
- Pain and suffering
When you contact our wrongful death attorneys, we can provide further detail on the specific damages you could recover and who in your family is entitled to receive them.
Our Cherryville Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Protect Your Right to Compensation
We’ll help you file a claim against the driver’s insurance and protect your rights through the claims process. As your legal representation, it’s our job to:
- Investigate the crash to determine who is at fault
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim and supply documentation to support your case
- Determine the value of your case by reviewing your present and future losses
- Complete the paperwork associated with your case
- Negotiate with the insurance company to obtain a fair settlement offer
- File a lawsuit in court if negotiations stall or the insurer acts in bad faith
- Provide frequent updates on your case to keep you abreast of developments
You May Not Have as Much Time as You Think to File a Pedestrian Accident Claim
It’s best to act quickly if you were injured in a pedestrian accident or lost a family member due to one. Under N.C. Gen. Stat. §1-52, personal injury cases are generally subject to a three-year statute of limitations. Meanwhile, people filing wrongful death lawsuits have only two years to do so, per N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1-53.
An attorney can explain if any exceptions apply to your case that can extend your time. Bear in mind that if no exception exists and your deadline expires, you lose your legal right to financial recovery. A Cherryville pedestrian injury lawyer will build your claim and work to ensure we file your lawsuit in court before the statute of limitations runs out.
Get Compassionate Legal Help From Our Cherryville Pedestrian Injury Lawyers
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we believe in quality and compassionate legal care for every client. Our Cherryville pedestrian accident lawyers will do everything in their power to get you back on your feet or bring justice after the death of a loved one. Call us today for a free case evaluation to get started.