Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, causing serious injury or even death. If you survive the crash, the road to recovery can also be challenging as you attempt to repair the damage to your quality of life, family, and finances, all while dealing with physical injuries. You don’t have to face this alone.
You deserve a lawyer who can advocate for you while providing compassion and support. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, our Cherryville personal injury lawyer can use their legal knowledge to build a compelling case and fight for fair compensation on your behalf.
How Serious are Motorcycle Accidents?
According to recent statistics published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2020:
- 82,528 motorcyclists were injured across the country
- 5,579 motorcyclists were killed, representing 14% of all traffic fatalities
- Per mile traveled, motorcycle rider deaths took place nearly 28 times more frequently than passenger car occupant deaths in traffic accidents
- Motorcyclists involved in fatal accidents had higher percentages (27%) of alcohol intoxication than drivers of any other type of motor vehicle, including passenger cars (23%)
- 41% of motorcycle riders killed in single-vehicle crashes were alcohol-impaired
- In states without universal helmet laws, 57% of motorcyclists fatally injured in accidents were not wearing helmets, versus 11% in states with statewide helmet laws. Under state law, all motorcycle riders in North Carolina are required to wear a helmet that meets Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218.
According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation, in 2021, there were 210 fatal motorcycle accidents and 3,712 that involved injuries in the state. In two-vehicle collisions between a passenger vehicle and a motorcycle, moped, or motor scooter, 90% of riders were injured and 3% were killed. That year, Gaston County had five fatal motorcycle accidents and 99 non-fatal injuries.
Common Causes of Fatal Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists are at heightened risk of several kinds of potentially fatal collisions, often the result of another driver’s careless driving. According to NHTSA research, in the United States, “the most harmful event in 2020 for 3,138 (55%) of the 5,715 motorcycles involved in fatal crashes was collisions with motor vehicles in transport.” In fatal accidents, 76% of motorcycles were struck in the front, and 42% (2,741) involved another vehicle turning left into the motorcycle.
Our Cherryville Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Fight to Prove Negligence and Liability
Our motorcycle accident lawyers know how to bring a claim against a potentially negligent and liable driver or other party. We work to prove the following elements are true to establish negligence and liability:
- You or your loved one were owed a duty of care. Compared to other vehicles, motorcycles are much smaller and easier to overlook. All drivers owe all others on the road a duty to act prudently and avoid causing them harm.
- The other party breached this duty and caused harm to you or a loved one (for example, by speeding or not checking blind spots).
- This breach was the direct or proximate cause of your or your loved one’s injuries.
- You or your loved one suffered losses due to the breach, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Farmer & Morris, our legal team includes six Cherryville personal injury attorneys with different areas of expertise and experience. Our phone lines are open 24/7 to answer questions concerning your case at any time.
We Fight for the Compensation You Deserve for Your Motorcycle Crash Injuries
If you’re suffering from severe accident-related injuries, you’re likely dealing with much more than physical pain and recovery. You may also be struggling with the financial concerns of everyday medical expenses and household bills, which can make these challenges even harder to overcome.
The total value of your claim largely depends on the nature and extent of your injuries and the personal and financial losses you’ve suffered. Our Cherryville personal injury lawyers can investigate your case and collect supporting evidence of these losses. You could recover compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses, such as emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, and doctor’s visits
- Out-of-pocket costs for other injury-related expenses, such as medications, assistive devices, and travel to medical appointments
- Lost wages due to sick leave
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Motorcycle damage
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Long-term disability
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
Justice and Compensation for a Fatal Motorcycle Accident
If you lost a loved one due to another party’s negligence in a Cherryville motorcycle crash, we hope you’ll allow us to compassionately support and advocate for you following this traumatic event. Although no amount of money could ever make up for your loss, you may be entitled to bring a wrongful death claim for:
- Medical bills incurred before your loved one’s passing
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support and services
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship, love, and guidance
Our Cherryville motorcycle accident attorneys want you to be able to focus on recovering from your grief and spending time with your loved ones. We can handle every aspect of the legal process from start to finish.
Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Today
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact our legal team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to learn more.
Our goal is excellence in legal representation, in every case, with every client, and at every stage of the legal process. We offer free, no-obligation consultations and are dedicated to protecting your rights and pursuing the justice you deserve.