Pedestrians often endure devastating injuries when they are struck by motor vehicles. If you have suffered critical injuries in a pedestrian accident and are not sure where to turn for help, contact a Kings Mountain pedestrian accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today.
Our firm could help you recover maximum compensation for your damages. Learn more about what to expect from the claims process when you contact our office for a free consultation.
In This Article
- Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Kings Mountain and When to Sue
- Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
- What to Expect from the Pedestrian Accident Claims Process
- How Insurance Claims Work for Pedestrian Accidents
- The Value of Your Pedestrian Accident in Kings Mountain
- Call a Kings Mountain Pedestrian Accident Attorney for Help Today
Common Types of Pedestrian Accidents in Kings Mountain and When to Sue
Pedestrian accidents in Kings Mountain can take many forms. Whether you were involved in a sideswipe accident, head-on collision, T-bone accident, or other type of collision with a motor vehicle, you may have the right to compensation when someone else’s negligence causes your injuries.
However, you may not know when you have grounds for a claim. After being involved in a pedestrian accident in Kings Mountain, you may be curious whether you have the right to file a lawsuit or pursue a claim with the insurance company.
There are two primary ways to tell you may have grounds for a case for your injuries. These include:
- Someone else must be responsible for causing your injuries.
- Your injuries must have had a considerable impact on your life in some way.
As you are lying in your Kings Mountain hospital bed wondering what your next move should be, consider whether another party is or could be at fault for your injuries. How have your injuries impacted your life? Are you dealing with considerable financial distress? Are you struggling to cope emotionally?
You can get help exploring your legal options when you contact a pedestrian accident attorney in Kings Mountain to discuss the specific details of your case.
For a legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Kings Mountain, call 828.286.3866
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can occur in endless ways. Generally, they happen when a pedestrian is struck by a motor vehicle. However, pedestrian accidents could also occur when a pedestrian is struck by a bicyclist or motorcyclist.
Typically, unsafe or negligent driving is the cause of a pedestrian accident. When drivers fail to exercise reasonable care by speeding, tailgating, driving aggressively, driving under the influence, driving while distracted, or otherwise driving unsafely, they can cause catastrophic injuries.
However, if a motorist is unable to maintain control of their vehicle due to a vehicle defect, or if the roads are dangerous and prevent the motorist from avoiding a collision with a pedestrian, other parties could share liability for the victim’s injuries.
Expect your pedestrian accident lawyer in Kings Mountain to conduct an in-depth analysis into the cause of your pedestrian accident. This way, we can uncover culpability and ensure all parties are held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.
Kings Mountain Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
What to Expect from the Pedestrian Accident Claims Process
The pedestrian accident claims process can seem overwhelming initially. After all, there is an investigation process, insurance claims to file, damages to quantify, and a trial to prepare for. However, once you have a better idea of what to expect from your case, your confidence in your decision to proceed could exponentially increase.
Here is a basic idea of what to expect when you make the decision to pursue a pedestrian accident claim in Kings Mountain:
- Your attorney starts by investigating the cause of your pedestrian accident injuries.
- The investigation will uncover powerful evidence to support culpability in your pedestrian accident insurance and civil claims.
- Your pedestrian accident lawyer will need to go over your damages with you to accurately calculate the value of your claim.
- After liability has been determined, your lawyer can file a claim with the insurance company and begin negotiations.
- If negotiations prove unsuccessful or otherwise fail to produce a settlement that meets your needs, your attorney will bring your case to court.
- At trial, your lawyer will advocate for total recovery of your pedestrian accident damages.
It should be noted that each pedestrian accident case is different. Some victims may be able to avoid going to trial by obtaining a reasonable settlement offer through the insurance company.
Others will need to go to trial to get the most out of their claim. You should be prepared to do whatever your attorney considers to be in your best interests if you hope to recover maximum restitution for your suffering.
How Insurance Claims Work for Pedestrian Accidents
There is a reason why many pedestrian accident victims find themselves having to go to court to recover the compensation they need. It is because the defendant may not have purchased enough insurance coverage to meet the victim’s needs.
Since North Carolina is a fault state for auto insurance purposes, you will file a claim with the liable party’s insurance provider. However, if the defendant purchased minimal coverage, you may find yourself with excess damages the insurance company is not required to compensate you for. If this happens, filing a lawsuit may be the only way to recover the damages that are rightfully yours.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
The Value of Your Pedestrian Accident in Kings Mountain
You may be wondering how much your pedestrian accident claim could be worth after everything you have been through. Every person’s pedestrian accident will affect their lives differently.
This means to calculate the value of your claim, your lawyer will need to go over the ways your life has been impacted by not only your pedestrian accident injuries, but the accident itself. You could recover a variety of losses, including:
- Compensation for physical pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of consortium, diminished quality of life, and other non-economic damages
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses, future medical care, and medical equipment you might need to treat your pedestrian accident injuries
- Lost wages and the ability to earn a living in the future
- Property damages, cost of increased insurance premiums, and other financial losses
Call a Kings Mountain Pedestrian Accident Attorney for Help Today
Pedestrian accident injuries can have a debilitating effect on you financially, physically, and psychologically. Get help recovering the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact a Kings Mountain pedestrian accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to find out how much you could be awarded. Schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation by filling out our quick contact form or calling our office to get started today.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form