If you or a family member suffered a pedestrian accident in Tryon, NC, you may be struggling in many ways right now. Your injuries may be crippling, and your entire family might be struggling emotionally and incurring financial debt.
At our personal injury firm, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC understands what you must be going through right now, and we’d like to help. One of our lawyers will pursue physical, financial, and other damages from the other party, even if it takes your case to court. And while our lawyer works for you, you’ll be able to focus on your recovery and your family. In a simple consultation, we’ll tell you all about working with your Tryon pedestrian accident lawyer.
What Damages Can You Recover in a Tryon Pedestrian Accident Case?
In North Carolina, as a victim of a pedestrian accident, you’re entitled to damages from the driver, or another party, that caused the incident. Your damages could include the physical, mental, and emotional issues you’re suffering, as well as the financial losses you’re incurring. You might already have a mental list of some of these damages.
A Tryon personal injury lawyer from our firm can help you add damages to your list, attribute fair monetary values to them, and obtain evidence of them so you can claim all of your damages.
Through a personal injury claim against the driver, you and our lawyer may be able to identify and recover all of the following damages and possibly more:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Short-term impairment or long-term disability
- Mental suffering
- Mental impairment, possibly due to a traumatic brain injury
- Emotional suffering/trauma due to the injuries and the incident
- The cost of emergency medical care, hospital care, extended care, and/or continual care
- The costs of medical assistive equipment (like a wheelchair) or accommodative home renovations
- Loss of income and income-earning ability due to the injuries
- Property-related losses
Wrongful Death Damages Following a Pedestrian Accident
If you lost a family member in a pedestrian accident, we can help. No family should have to experience such a tragedy. Your deceased family member and their immediate family are considered victims of the tragedy, and as victims, you’re entitled to damages.
Through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit against the driver, you and our lawyer may be able to recover such damages as:
- Any pain your deceased family member experienced
- Loss of consortium
- The cost of any emergency medical care/intensive care
- Loss of income for your family
- Funeral and burial/cremation costs
How Will Our Tryon Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Pursue Your Damages?
Once you and our lawyer have determined what your damages are and their value, our lawyer will be able to handle everything else for you. You won’t have to worry about anything at all related to your case.
In pursuit of your damages, our lawyer will:
- Obtain evidence of the driver’s liability for your damages: In your case, the evidence could be traffic or security camera footage of the accident, vehicle black box data related to the incident, a witness’s description of the accident scene, and/or other kinds of evidence. This evidence could point toward the driver or another party as the liable party. For example, if the driver is a rideshare driver, the rideshare company may be liable.
- Establish the driver’s liability: To completely prove the driver (or another party) is liable, our lawyer will need to show more than just evidence. Our lawyer will also need to show how the driver owed you a duty of care and breached that duty; how their actions caused the accident and led to your damages. All this can be especially difficult for a claimant to establish alone.
- Negotiate for a fair settlement: Our lawyer will approach the driver’s insurance company and negotiate with them for a fair settlement. If they don’t negotiate in good faith, our lawyer can follow through with a personal injury lawsuit.
- Sue for a judge’s verdict, if necessary: If negotiations fail (or if you and our lawyer decide to skip them and sue the driver right away), our lawyer will prepare a lawsuit for you, serve it to the driver, take them to court, possibly hire experts (like an accident reconstructionist) to corroborate your case, and negotiate with a judge for a fair verdict, instead.
About Our Tryon, NC, Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
At our firm, our lawyers have been serving clients in Tryon and the rest of North Carolina for many years now, which gives us a great deal of experience with clients like you. In fact, we’ve served over 10,000 clients so far. Also, as personal injury lawyers, our team has a great depth of insight into cases like your own. Many of these cases involve serious injuries and even wrongful death.
You can be very confident in our ability to serve you and the quality of our service. If you hire a member of our team, our lawyer will pursue all of your damages from the other party, even if it takes your case to court. Our attorneys in Tryon always strive for the best possible outcome.
By reading our clients’ testimonials, you can learn more about the kind of service you can expect. You can also learn more by consulting with us.
North Carolina Statutes of Limitation
To assist you best, we do have to stay within the state’s statute of limitations. As stated, any failed negotiations with the insurers will lead to taking your case to court. In North Carolina, personal injury victims generally have three years to file a lawsuit under G.S. § 1-52. This deadline starts on the day of the accident.
Families that have lost a loved one typically have two years, per G.S. § 1-53. The start date for a wrongful death lawsuit is the day your loved one passed. Our lawyers can explain how these statues and others can affect your case.
Work With Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Tryon, NC
In a simple consultation, we’ll be able to tell you all about working with one of our pedestrian accident attorneys in Tryon. For example, we’ll explain how your attorney can work for you in an affordable contingency-fee arrangement in which you won’t pay for service unless and until your attorney is successful with your case. We’ll also answer your questions for you.
If you or a family member suffered a pedestrian accident, our firm will help you so you can focus on family and recovery. To learn more, contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today for your free consultation.