When contractors, subcontractors, and homeowners get into legal disputes, their cases generally fall under construction law. Conflicts may arise when one party in a construction contract believes the other party breached the contract’s terms or failed to perform appropriately. However, other construction-related disputes can involve insurance coverage, employment, and injury or damage claims.
Our Rutherfordton construction law lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, offers services to assist clients with these types of cases. If you would like a lawyer from our firm to review the terms of your contract or help your construction business in Rutherfordton resolve a legal dispute, you can reach out to us for a consultation. Once we understand the issues you’re facing, our team will get to work on your case.
In This Article
Our legal team provides several services to handle your construction law case
Legal disputes surrounding a construction project can get complicated since they must comply with construction standards, drawings and specifications, and building codes. Whether you are a homeowner, sole proprietor, or construction business owner, working with a construction lawyer can help you protect your legal interests while handling a dispute.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we represent homeowners, business owners, and contractors, helping them settle their cases. A construction lawyer from our firm can represent you while our team provides other services to manage your case, such as:
- Contract reviews: Our team can review the terms of your contractual agreement to point out any potential for liability or help you handle a legal dispute that arises from it. Within this area, we can handle cases involving liability claims, breach of contract claims, quantum merit claims, and unjust enrichment claims.
- Payment dispute assessment: Because construction projects often involve working with contractors and suppliers, payment disputes can occur. We can review any mechanic liens you may be facing and explain your rights within G.S. § 44A-7 and other statutes. We can also review any breach of contract issues or other payment disputes you may be facing.
- Personal injury or property damage claims work: In some cases, a construction business may enlist the help of a lawyer to handle small claims involving personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death. Our team can review your case to see if you may have liability and then help challenge the case with the evidence we collect.
While these are some key services our team provides, there may be other construction-related legal matters that you or your company may be facing. A lawyer from our team can serve you in Rutherfordton, whether that involves negotiating contractual terms or presenting your case in trial. We aim to fight for your rights within North Carolina’s construction laws so that you can continue with your projects and work.
For a legal consultation with a construction law lawyer serving Rutherfordton, call 828.286.3866
Our team handles cases involving various types of projects and disputes
The Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team works on cases involving:
As Rutherfordton evolves as a city, more and more construction projects are proposed to build new facilities. A lawyer from our team may be able to help you settle a dispute around a construction project for building. Ensuring a project is completed not only helps you but may also benefit the Rutherfordton community. We may be able to help you negotiate terms so that your project can still be finalized.
Our team handles construction cases involving legal issues surrounding:
- Breach of contract
- Contractual disputes that require review of current terms
- Employment and other payment disputes
- Liability lawsuits
- Work-related accidents
If your situation involves one or more of the above issues, our team wants to review the case and any documentation you may have regarding these issues. If you or your company is facing a separate issue not listed here, we may still be able to serve you.
When you call, we will discuss what steps might need to be taken to manage your case. This can range from conducting a separate investigation into your construction project or a plaintiff’s accident claim to reviewing general statutes in North Carolina that may apply. If you decide to hire us, our team will keep you updated as we develop your case.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to get help with your construction dispute
If your construction company in Rutherfordton, North Carolina, is facing a legal dispute with another party, call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, at (828) 286-3866 to hire a lawyer from our team to represent your business. We understand the nuances of construction law and can help you protect your legal interests as you navigate litigation.
We offer a consultation with one of our representatives when you call, so do not hesitate to reach out to our team today.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form