If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle wreck, a lawyer from our firm can help. We provide services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that we only get paid our attorney’s fees if we get compensation for you. We proudly serve clients in Rutherfordton, North Carolina and the surrounding areas.
You have the right to sue the negligent party for the cost of your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our Rutherfordton motorcycle accident lawyers want to take on your legal burdens by investigating the circumstances of the collision, estimating the value of your losses, and negotiating for a fair settlement on your behalf.
Possible Compensation in a Motorcycle Wreck
If your wreck was caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior, you should not be forced to cover your accident-related expenses out of pocket. Instead, a settlement agreement or court award can cover the cost of your economic and non-economic damages.
You may be able to pursue expenses related to:
- Medical bills, both current and anticipated, for all physical and psychological harm caused by the wreck
- Wages and other benefits that you lost when you were temporarily unable to work
- Wages and other benefits that you will lose in the future due to a permanently reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering brought on by both physical and psychological harm
- Property damage, especially damage to your motorcycle that forced you to either pay for repairs or buy an entirely new bike
- Emotional distress that resulted in or worsened a mental illness, such as depression or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Overall reduced quality of life caused by a combination of the above factors
These damages may be available to those filing both personal injury and wrongful death cases. However, if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a loved one who passed away from their injuries, you may also be entitled to compensation for:
- Funeral expenses associated with laying the deceased to rest
- The loss of the deceased’s income, which would have gone to supporting their children and other dependents
- The loss of the deceased’s love, affection, guidance, and other intangible benefits
“How Much Is My Case Worth?
Claimants often ask how much they can collect in compensation for their injuries. Typically, the more severe your injuries, the more you can pursue for items related to pain and suffering. However, it really does depend on the specifics of your case and how willing the at-fault party’s insurance company is to negotiate.
To give yourself a better chance of receiving fair compensation without having to spend a lot of time and effort on a lawsuit, let Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC handle your case. We can look for evidence that proves you need and deserve damages, including:
- Medical bills and records
- Repair bills
- Witness testimony
- Accident reports
- Receipts from accident-related purchases
We can use this evidence, as well as your personal testimony and recollections, to estimate how much your damages are worth. We can then fight hard to get that amount from the insurance company.
For a legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Rutherfordton, call 828.286.3866
A Lawyer From Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Can Fight for You
A motorcycle wreck can cause devastating injuries that impact your physical, emotional, and financial health. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we can explore your legal options while you focus on recovering.
Some of the services our team can undertake include:
- Filing your case and its relevant paperwork with the appropriate courts and offices
- Keeping you updated on your case’s progress as it evolves
- Negotiating for a settlement that covers your collision-related medical expenses and your pain and suffering
- Investigating the case to learn more about your situation
- Consulting with field experts, including medical professionals and accident reconstruction specialists
- Communicating with the involved parties and their insurers
- Negotiating with your medical providers and other sources of health coverage
- Advocating on your behalf in court, if necessary
Finally, we understand that money may be tight for you and your family at this difficult time. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC makes our services more accessible to more people by:
- Offering a free, no-obligation case review to all callers
- Charging no attorney’s fees upfront
- Never charging any attorney’s fees if we cannot win the case
Rutherfordton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Liability in a Motorcycle Wreck
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC wants to hear from you as soon as possible after a motorcycle wreck. We can investigate the circumstances of your collision, and from there, we can pursue the cost of your losses from the negligent party.
Who is the liable party in your case? You may already have a good idea, or you may have no idea at all. Either way, our Rutherfordton motorcycle accident lawyers can seek evidence to prove the liable party’s identity and that they are responsible for the crash, whether they are:
- A driver
- A maintenance team
- An auto part manufacturer
- A combination of the above
We can determine liability by:
- Requesting the police report
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Consulting with accident reconstruction specialists
- Reviewing photos and video footage captured by witnesses or traffic cameras
Our legal team wants to get started on your case as soon as possible. The sooner you call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, the sooner we can start fighting for your rights and get you the money you are entitled to receive.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks in Rutherford County
The cause of your wreck will often point to the liable party. As accidents are often the result of negligence, we will look for evidence of traffic violations or recklessness to determine who is financially responsible for your losses.
Here are some common causes of motorcycle crashes:
- Driving under the influence
- Failure to yield
- Visibility issues
- Inadequate following distance
- Improper or absent turn signals
- Improper lane changes
- Poor weather conditions
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
Regardless of the cause of your collision, if another person is responsible for your accident, you deserve financial compensation for your losses. Our personal injury attorney will use our firm’s time and resources to create a compelling case on your behalf. When we’ve determined who is responsible, we will pursue them for a settlement or verdict.
North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
Each state imposes certain deadlines when it comes to filing a lawsuit in personal injury cases. In North Carolina, under G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years from the date of your wreck to file a civil action. If you do not pursue litigation within this period, you will likely lose your right to compensation through the court system.
Some details of your situation may allow for additional time to act. A motorcycle wreck attorney from our firm can explain in further detail what this could mean for your Rutherfordton case.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Types of Injuries Sustained in a Motorcycle Wreck
According to statistics from Page 21 of a report issued by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV), in 2021, there were 3,712 wrecks involving motorcycles. These wrecks resulted in 2,847 injuries.
Motorcycles offer less protection than cars or trucks, so motorcycle drivers may be at greater risk of suffering severe injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Neck and back injuries
No matter what type of injury you or your loved one suffered, a personal injury lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can assess the extent of your losses and then pursue the cost of those damages.
Get a Free Legal Consultation Today
A lawyer from our personal injury team wants to help with your motorcycle wreck case. To start your free, no-obligation case review, call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC. You may have a limited time to act, so we encourage you to make the call. We have multiple offices in various locations throughout North and South Carolina, including in Rutherfordton, North Carolina.