If you were hurt on a construction site in Dallas, North Carolina, you have rights. Our team of Dallas construction accident lawyers can help you seek fair compensation. You may be able to get benefits through workers’ compensation and/or file a third-party lawsuit.
To learn more about your legal options, contact our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today. We offer free initial case consultations for injured construction workers. We can assess your legal options based on the circumstances of your accident, the benefits available to you, and other factors. Our Dallas personal injury attorneys help injured workers get the money they need and deserve.
The benefits and compensation you can receive after a construction site accident in Dallas, North Carolina depend on several factors. Workers’ compensation benefits could provide medical care coverage and wage loss payments. Some injured workers qualify to pursue a third-party personal injury case, too.
When we file a personal injury claim or lawsuit on our client’s behalf, the unique circumstances of their case determine how much financial compensation they may receive. Relevant factors in your case may include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your documented expenses and losses
- The physical and psychological pain you suffered
- The length of time it will take you to recover from your injuries
- Whether you have any permanent and/or disabling injuries
The recoverable damages in a Dallas construction accident third-party lawsuit could include:
- Current and future medical care costs
- Income losses and reduced ability to work and earn
- Pain and suffering and other non-economic damages
What If My Loved One Died From Their Dallas Construction Accident Injuries?
While workers’ comp offers a death benefit, a wrongful death lawsuit might also be possible when a construction worker or other victim loses their life on a construction site. Under G.S. § 28A-18-2, the recoverable damages in these cases could include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical care costs incurred before their death
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship and other non-economic benefits
Our construction accident attorneys handle these cases. Call us today at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC to learn how we can help you.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our attorneys can help injured construction workers fight for workers’ compensation approval or pursue a third-party lawsuit against a liable party who caused their accident and injuries.
We provide free case consultations for injured workers. This case assessment will identify your legal options, ensure you understand them, and help you decide how to proceed. If you choose to work with our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate what happened and gather evidence to support your construction accident claim
- Identify the potentially responsible party or parties
- Document and value your recoverable damages
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance company for fair compensation based on the case’s facts
- Manage all communication with the insurance carrier as necessary
- Prepare and file a lawsuit when necessary
You can count on your Dallas construction accident attorney from our team to handle your case from start to finish. We will take care of seeking financial compensation while you focus on your injuries, treatment, and healing.
Over the years, our team of personal injury attorneys has helped more than 10,000 clients get the money they need and deserve. You could be next. We go to work on these cases with no upfront fees, so you have nothing to lose by letting our law firm help.
Depending on the circumstances, a construction accident injury could support both a workers’ compensation claim and a personal injury lawsuit. Our law firm manages both of these case types for construction accident victims. This makes us a good choice to help you understand your options and ensure you request as many benefits and as much compensation as possible based on your needs.
Regardless of whether you have access to workers’ compensation, North Carolina law allows you to sue a liable third party who caused your injuries. This is generally anyone who is not your employer or a co-worker. In construction accidents, this could be a property owner, a general contractor, a supplier, a tool manufacturer, or a contractor working on the site.
Our personal injury lawyers know how to identify who is liable in these cases. We will investigate what happened and gather evidence to build a compelling case showing someone else’s negligence harmed you. From there, we may be able to negotiate a payout or sue them in civil court.
If you run into challenges with your workers’ comp claim, call us immediately. We can assess your options and help you understand how to proceed. We can also evaluate your case to determine if you have a viable third-party claim.
We recommend securing legal representation as early as possible after your injuries occur because there are deadlines for filing a construction accident lawsuit. These include:
- Three years for most injury cases under N.C. Gen. Stat. §1-52
- Two years from the date of death for most wrongful death lawsuits, per N.C. Gen. Stat. §1-53
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, offers free case consultations for workers hurt on construction sites and in construction-related accidents in North Carolina. We can assess your legal options and explain how a Dallas construction accident lawyer from our team can help you today.
Contact us online or over the phone to learn more now.