If you own a commercial business in Rutherfordton, North Carolina, hiring a lawyer from our team to review business dealings can help you avoid certain legal disputes. It can also protect you whenever someone claims your business is liable for a personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death. Working with a business law lawyer can be just as crucial as having an accountant who manages your commercial finances.
For more information about how a Rutherfordton business law lawyer on our team may be able to help you, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, offers a free first consultation to prospective clients. Our Rutherfordton personal injury lawyers will review your case or business history, then explain what services we can provide.
What Can Our Business Lawyer Do to Help Your Rutherfordton Business?
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help several types of businesses, including:
- Limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Sole proprietorships
We can navigate different business laws in North Carolina that may affect how you can or should run your Rutherfordton business and which rights you have in different cases. Below are some of the ways a commercial business lawyer from our team may be able to help you.
Our Attorneys Can Provide Business Counsel to Prevent Litigation
While many business owners wait until they’re already facing a legal dispute to contact an attorney, it can be worth hiring our lawyer to review your business and provide counsel beforehand.
A common mistake that can put businesses at risk is using general forms or contracts that do not cover the specific ways the business runs, which can then pose a liability risk or lead to contractual disagreements. To avoid future issues that might lead to litigation, a lawyer from our team can help you:
- Draft contracts and adjust them as necessary during negotiations
- Provide forms necessary for your business and that are up-to-date and accurate
- Counsel you according to North Carolina business law
- Advise you when certain actions may be damaging toward the business and its reputation
Our Lawyers Can Draft and Provide Legal Paperwork for Your Business
Contracts play a key role in all business transactions and relationships, yet many parties opt to go with general templates to handle their contractual deals. However, with a general template, a few issues can occur:
- The contract might not list all of the factors that should be mentioned to both parties before they agree to work with each other.
- The contract references laws or regulations that do not apply to North Carolina or Rutherford County.
- The contract does not meet the demands of the business, employee, or client, which could lead to reputation damages later.
- The contract does not cover certain scenarios that can pose a liability risk for the business.
When you work with a business law lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we draft contracts specific to your business. We take the time to understand how your company works and what should be mentioned in these documents based on state or county laws and regulations.
A Lawyer From Our Team Can Help You Settle Other Types of Business Disputes
Our business attorneys also provide legal counsel for other types of disputes, including but not limited to:
- Partnership disagreements
- Commercial or corporate formation and reorganization
- Environmental regulations issues
- Government regulations issues
- Commercial lease disputes
- Franchise-related disputes
- Employment issues, including payment and contracting disputes
- Business dissolution
If you would like more information about how one of our attorneys may be able to help with your case, our team is available to review the situation.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, for a Consultation with Our Team
Whether you want to work with a business lawyer to help prevent your North Carolina company from getting into legal trouble or protect it during a dispute, our team of attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, is ready to provide counsel. We can serve you in Rutherfordton and manage legal matters on your behalf so that you can keep running your commercial business.
Call (828) 286-3866 today to get a consultation with one of our team representatives.