If you live or were injured in Kings Mountain, a construction accident lawyer from our firm can fight for the financial compensation you need and deserve. Filing a lawsuit can both penalize the negligent party who caused your accident and provide the money you need to support your family.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can fight for the monetary damages you deserve while you devote your full time and energy to rebuilding your life.
If you live or were injured in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC is available to evaluate your case over the phone at any time at no charge. A member of our team will explain how a construction accident lawyer from our firm can be of assistance throughout your case in the following ways:
Building a Case
For a lawsuit to be successful, we must establish multiple key factors:
- The identity of the liable party or parties
- The negligent action (or inaction) that led to your injuries
- The fact that your injuries have caused you significant economic, physical, and mental harm
- A dollar amount that reflects the current worth of all your injuries, as well as the estimated worth of expenses you may incur in the future
Our team can look for evidence of each of these factors in your medical records, inspection records or prior complaints against the liable party, surveillance footage, witness testimony, and expert testimony (e.g., statements from medical or construction experts).
Negotiating a Settlement
In construction accident cases, the liable party could be your employer, a contractor, the manufacturer or distributor of faulty building materials, or someone else. In most cases, the liable party will have an insurance company to pay damages in the event of an accident.
Many insurers are slow to pay accident victims what they truly deserve. We can speak and meet with them on your behalf to:
- Present evidence regarding their client’s liability and the value of your case
- Refute any accusations that your own negligence caused or compounded the injury
- Negotiate vigorously for an amount that covers all past and projected losses
- Draw up the settlement agreement for your signature
If we are for any reason unable to recover compensation from a pretrial settlement, we can work with you to figure out if a lawsuit is a viable option. Your attorney would, of course, represent you in the courtroom and work hard to convince a jury to award you appropriate damages.
In This Article
Construction Accident Compensation Comes in Many Forms
You could potentially seek compensation for all manner of injuries, including but not limited to:
- Bone fractures
- Burns from fire or chemicals
- Scrapes, cuts, and contusions
- Amputated digits or limbs, or removed organs
- Nerve damage
- Partial or total paralysis
- Visual or hearing impairments
Such injuries may entitle you to compensation for any or all of the following losses:
- Current and future medical expenses, including hospital stays, prescription medication, therapy, and assistive devices
- Temporary loss of income and benefits that occurred when you had to stay at home or in the hospital
- Permanent loss of earning capacity estimated based on how much your permanent injuries will interfere with your ability to retain gainful employment
- Pain and suffering, including both psychological and physical harm, related to the injury
- Disabling injuries that will temporarily or permanently affect your physical or intellectual capabilities
- Diminished quality of life, including your long-term inability to take care of yourself, socialize or participate in enjoyable hobbies or activities
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can tell you which of these and other available damages you are entitled to recover.
We Accept Wrongful Death Cases Also
Per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the private construction industry saw more worker fatalities in North Carolina than any other industry in 2020. If your loved one was the victim of such an accident, we can help you:
- Calculate how much they would have qualified to receive had they survived
- How much your own suffering (from loss of financial support, grief, and so on) is “worth” in financial terms
- Sue the liable party to ensure that your family receives the justice you deserve
For a legal consultation with a construction accidents lawyer serving Kings Mountain, call 828.286.3866
Taking Action to Protect Your Rights
After a construction accident injury, you have just three years to take legal action against the liable party. This time limit, called a statute of limitations, is codified at G.S. § 1-52.
What does this mean for your case’s future? Any lawsuit that is not filed within three years of the accident date is not legally valid, and you would not be able to claim compensation from such a suit. To protect your right to compensation, it is a good idea to:
See a Doctor Right Away
Even if you do not think your injuries are serious, it is important to establish a medical record documenting the injuries and linking them with the accident. This can also potentially prevent further suffering or even save your life if you have injuries with hidden or latent symptoms.
Keep Any Materials Related to the Accident
You may already possess crucial evidence that could strengthen your case against the liable party, such as:
- Medical bills
- Other types of bills
- Tax information
- Voicemails or emails relevant to the accident
- Photos or video of the accident site or your injuries
If you have such materials, we encourage you to keep hold of them and show them to us during your free evaluation.
Contact an Attorney
Personal injury law can be difficult to understand. This is especially true if you are stressed, in pain, or on medication in the aftermath of a construction accident.
You do not have to fight for justice and compensation on your own. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can take the burden off your shoulders by pursuing every penny that you deserve from the liable party.
Kings Mountain Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Start Your Pursuit of Compensation Today
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we know what it takes to fight for financial compensation in the wake of a construction accident. We can assign a lawyer from our firm to handle any and all legal tasks associated with your Kings Mountain case. Call today for a free, no-obligation case review.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form