If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a motorcycle wreck, you do not have to pursue the at-fault driver for compensation on your own. Our Lincolnton motorcycle accident lawyer will guide your fight to recover damages and spearhead the insurance settlement process. The damages we help you recoup include loss of income, ongoing medical bills, and property damage or total loss.
Building a personal injury case is a complicated legal matter. Our team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, will handle all case-related communication with law enforcement officers, the at-fault driver, insurance company representatives, and opposing counsel. We will also gather and organize your evidence and not hesitate to take your case to trial if we cannot reach an acceptable settlement agreement.
How Our Team Builds Your Personal Injury Case
Our handling of your case starts with your free consultation. Our team members will listen to your recollection of the wreck and pull details from your story and the evidence you provide to prove your right to compensation. We begin by establishing the at-fault driver:
- Owed you a duty of reasonable care
- Failed to meet their responsibility
- Caused your injuries and property damage
- Is responsible for your financial damages
Our team will also read and review your evidence, including police reports, medical records, and financial statements.
Motorcycle Accident Report
Always call the police to the scene of a wreck. Their presence can ensure cooler heads prevail and that vital information is exchanged. In addition, the report they file will contain these crucial details:
- Contact information for the at-fault driver
- Contact information for their insurance company
- Accident causes and contributing factors
- Driver behavior and disposition
- Police-generated photos and videos
The objective nature of your wreck report, along with notes and diagrams from the investigating officer, helps tell the story of the accident. In addition, this report can help drive the settlement negotiation process in your favor, along with other evidence.
Medical Records and Bills
Like your accident report, your medical bills help substantiate your case. They provide details about:
- Your injuries
- Their severity
- Their costs
- Your prognosis
All these details help prove the cost of your current and future care. They also establish the wreck as the cause of your injuries. Finally, they help forecast the cost of care your injuries will require in the future to ensure you are not left with out-of-pocket costs because of the at-fault driver’s negligence.
When to Call a Lincolnton Motorcycle Accident Attorney
After you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, you may not be sure whether you should call a lawyer for help. So, consider the following questions:
- Could another individual or entity be responsible for causing your motorcycle accident?
- Could defective bike or car parts have caused your collision?
- What were the road conditions like? A pothole or other easily removable hazard?
- Was there a defective or missing traffic signal?
- How have your injuries affected your life?
- Have you suffered considerable financial losses due to your motorcycle accident?
- Are you dealing with substantial emotional trauma due to your motorcycle accident?
- How much physical pain have you dealt with because of your motorcycle accident injuries?
To have grounds for a motorcycle accident claim, your lawyer must show that someone else’s negligence or misconduct caused your injuries. In addition, they must establish how your injuries or the accident itself have had a significant impact on your life.
The best way to discover whether you have grounds for a motorcycle accident claim in Lincolnton is to contact an attorney you can rely on for help.
How the Motorcycle Accident Claims Process Works
The motorcycle accident claims process can become complicated. You may feel overwhelmed about everything you do not know. However, once you have a better idea of what you expect from your case, your confidence may grow.
With that in mind, here is a general idea of what you can expect from the motorcycle accident claims process in Lincolnton:
- After you hire a lawyer, your attorney will immediately begin investigating the cause of your motorcycle accident
- Throughout the investigation, your lawyer will gather evidence to support your case, such as photos of your injuries, police reports, crash reports, witness statements, and expert testimony
- Your attorney will review how the accident and resulting injuries have affected your life to calculate the value of your insurance and civil claims
- Once your lawyer has established liability, they will file a claim with the liable party’s insurance provider
- Your attorney will handle the negotiations process and hold the insurance company accountable for their financial obligations
- If an insurance settlement is not possible or insufficient to meet your needs, your attorney will prepare to file a lawsuit against the liable party
- At trial, your attorney will be responsible for presenting the evidence needed to prove liability so you can recover maximum compensation for your damages
Damages You Can Request After a Motorcycle Wreck
After a motorcycle versus vehicle collision in Lincolnton, our case assessment team will assign an exact and accurate value to your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. The damages we help you recoup might include:
- Current and anticipated medical bills
- Present and expected lost earnings
- Property damage, loss, or diminished value
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- In-home medical and domestic support
Our motorcycle accident team will prove the value of your compensation case. We will also ensure you receive a range of applicable wrongful death damages if your family lost a loved one in the collision.
Start Fighting for Compensation As Soon As Possible
In the days and weeks after a motorcycle wreck, your focus is probably on your recovery. While you concentrate on getting better, our team gets started on your case. This is important because the state sets how much time you get to seek compensation after an accident.
In North Carolina, the personal injury statute of limitations is generally three years, according to G.S. § 1-52. Similarly, the wrongful death statute of limitations is generally two years, according to G.S. § 1-53. Therefore, our team will file your case on time and protect you from the risks of noncompliance, which can jeopardize your right to compensation.
Let Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Communicate on Your Behalf
Communication is a critical component of your personal injury case. Our team members will handle communications for you. We will contact all parties that can provide evidence for you and make those requests. We will also deal with the at-fault driver and their insurance company throughout the settlement phase of your case. We will:
- Make a settlement demand
- Field all incoming offers
- Present every offer to you
- Advise you on its feasibility
Because the final decision is yours to make, we work hard to ensure you have the information you need to make the right decision for you. Our motorcycle wreck lawyers also make sure you understand your case’s current and future value and advise whether to reject a settlement and take your case to court.
Your Fight for Compensation Is Our Team’s Priority
One of the most effective ways to know what it is like to work with our law firm is by hearing from satisfied clients:
- “My husband and I would like to take a minute to thank Mrs. Davies, a lawyer with Farmer & Morris Law who helped us tremendously. Friendly, attentive, and respectful, Mrs. Davies is the best attorney you will ever find.” — Sarah Hansley
- “After I was involved in a serious car accident … I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard… and we could never thank them for all their … hard work.” — Tammy Cotton
Read more about our team’s experience on our client testimonials page and see what our client-focused approach to legal support means.
Call Today For Immediate Help With Your Case
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our motorcycle accident lawyers help accident victims fight for financial recovery. So, if you or someone you love suffered injuries or a loved one died in a motorcycle wreck in Lincolnton, contact one of our case review team members today to find out how hard we will work to help you.