If you were in a car wreck involving an Uber, you can seek compensation for your injuries. A Lincolnton, NC, Uber accident lawyer with Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC,
can help you pursue a claim against the at-fault Uber driver or another liable motorist.
Our car accident lawyers will fight to recover your medical bills, lost wages, and more so you do not pay out of pocket for damages you did not cause.
Recoverable Uber Accident Damages
If you suffered injuries while riding in an Uber or in a collision involving your vehicle and an Uber driver, you can pursue compensation if another party was at fault. As with any motor vehicle wreck in Lincolnton, you can seek damages from another driver with an auto insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit if their negligent actions caused the crash.
Our Lincolnton Uber accident lawyers can fight for recovery for the following losses:
- Current and future medical bills, including ambulance transportation and emergency treatment, medical procedures, hospital stays, doctor visits, medications, medical equipment, physical therapy, and extended nursing
- Lost wages, earnings, and benefits, including compensation for your future lost earnings and lost earning potential if you sustained a long-term injury or disability that interferes with your work capabilities
- Vehicle repairs if your car sustained damage in a collision with an Uber
- Pain and suffering, including loss of mobility, scarring, disfigurement, anxiety, depression, stress, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment
- Wrongful death damages on behalf of fatally injured loved one’s estate and qualifying survivors
For a legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Lincolnton, call 828.286.3866
Our Lincolnton Attorneys Can Establish Uber Accident Liability
To secure compensation for your Uber wreck, you will need to prove that your collision resulted from another party’s reckless, careless, or wrongful actions. Our personal injury team can help you prove your right to damages by establishing the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. All drivers have a duty of care to obey traffic laws and operate vehicles safely to avoid harming themselves or others.
- Breach of duty. Drivers violate the duty of care when they disobey North Carolina’s rules of the road or engage in wrongful behaviors like drinking and driving, speeding, or driving distracted.
- Causation. We will collect evidence proving the at-fault driver’s actions caused your Uber wreck.
- Damages. We will prove that your Uber accident led to physical injuries, pain and suffering, and financial losses.
We Will Be With You Every Step of the Way
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our goal is to provide excellent legal representation to every client. When you work with us, you are never alone. We have a 24/7 helpline to answer your questions and address your concerns anytime. We will do everything we can to minimize your legal burden so you can focus on your health and family. Our team can:
- Identify and calculate your damages
- Investigate your accident and determine liability
- Collect case evidence, including police reports, medical records, surveillance video, and eyewitness statements
- Work with crash reconstructionists, economists, doctors, and other subject matter experts
- Prepare and file your insurance claims
- Handle case-related phone calls, emails, texts, and meetings
- Aggressively negotiate on your behalf
- Take legal action if necessary
We believe our commitment to service speaks for itself. Our highly-rated firm has represented over 10,000 clients, earning over 200 positive Google Reviews and a score of 4.9/5. But you do not have to take our word for it. We invite you to read our many positive client testimonials, like the following:
“We would like to thank the Farmer and Morris Law Firm for their incredible professional integrity. We highly recommend each one of them. The excellence they serve you with is nowhere to be found but with them. Absolutely wonderful experience! -Hetty and Werner Trachsel
We Take Personal Injury Cases On Contingency
Our firm takes personal injury cases on contingency. This means we can represent you for nothing upfront or out of pocket. Our fees come from your settlement or verdict. If we do not win your case, we do not get paid. You may have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
Lincolnton Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
How Long do You Have to Pursue Uber Wreck Compensation?
North Carolina’s statute of limitations restricts the amount of time you have to pursue car accident compensation. According to G.S. § 1-52, you generally have three years from your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. G.S. § 1-53 generally allows two years from a loved one’s passing to sue for wrongful death.
Many Uber wrecks get resolved through an insurance settlement. However, you should not wait too long to begin a claim. Building a case and working through negotiations can take time, and if you let your window to take legal action expire, it could result in a reduced or denied payment and no chance to pursue additional compensation through the courts.
North Carolina Drivers Are Financially Responsible for Accidents They Cause
All motorists in North Carolina must carry auto liability insurance to pay for accidents they cause. According to the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles, minimum coverage amounts include $30,000/$60,000 in bodily injury per person/per accident and $25,000 for property damages.
However, the state mandates additional coverage for Uber drivers because they transport passengers for profit. G.S. § 20-280.4 states that rideshare companies and drivers operating in North Carolina must have the following:
- $50,000/$100,000 in bodily injury liability per person/per accident and $25,000 in property damages liability for wrecks occurring while a driver is logged onto Uber’s app waiting for a ride or en route to a ride request
- $1 million in liability coverage for injuries, death, or property damages occurring while a driver is transporting passengers
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, About Your Uber Accident
To learn more about how our Lincolnton Uber accident lawyers can fight for the compensation you deserve, contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, to schedule a free consultation. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can seek financial justice for your personal injuries.