The rise of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft has made it easier and cheaper than ever to get around. Rideshare drivers, however, are just as prone to getting into accidents as anyone else on the road.
If you were injured in a wreck involving a rideshare vehicle, let a rideshare accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, investigate what happened. We take pride in fighting for our clients’ rights by confronting the liable parties and pursuing fair compensation for the damage they inflicted.
What Is Fair Compensation for a Rideshare Accident?
Car wrecks are an all-too-common occurrence. According to Page 2 of a report issued by the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), there were 276,076 wrecks reported there in 2021. South Carolina, per Page 4 of a South Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS) report, saw 121,235 wrecks in 2020.
Nevertheless, every accident—and every accident survivor—is different. For this reason, fair compensation looks different in every case. We can help you determine how much compensation you deserve for losses such as the following
- Lost income: This could refer to money you already lost by staying home from work or money you expect to lose in the future due to a chronic injury.
- Medical expenses: Treating car wreck injuries can be prohibitively expensive. If we win compensation for you, you would not have to worry about those costs.
- Property damage: Did the wreck damage your car to the point where you needed to pay a mechanic to fix it? You could seek reimbursement in a claim or lawsuit.
- Pain and suffering: Your pain and suffering settlement should account for how serious your injuries are and how the symptoms have disrupted your life.
- Physical disability: Any injury that keeps you from using your body in all of the ways you could before, either short-term or long-term, counts as a disability.
- Intellectual disability: Traumatic brain injuries could affect your ability to make decisions, regulate your emotions, or concentrate on specific tasks.
Unfortunately, not everyone survives their accident-related injuries. If your loved one passed away from their injuries before they could take legal action, you may pursue the above damages on their behalf. In addition, you could qualify for:
- Loss of the deceased’s income: If you relied on your loved one to help pay bills and support dependents, the sudden loss of their income can be crushing.
- End-of-life expenses: You could ask the liable party to pay for the deceased’s funeral, coffin, estate settlement, and so on.
- Loss of companionship: Even more than their financial contributions, your loved one brought affection, wisdom, and care to their relationships with others.
What Do Our Rideshare Accident Lawyers Do?
It is a personal injury lawyer’s job to:
- Advise clients who have suffered an injury through no fault of their own
- Handle each client’s claim and/or lawsuit on their behalf
- Protect the client’s rights from anyone who tries to undermine them
In short, we make it easier for people still recovering from traumatic injuries to fight for the money they need to pay for their treatment and other expenses. With us on the job, you would not have to worry about:
- Making decisions alone: Figuring out how to handle your case can be tough. We would always be there to take your calls and address your concerns.
- Filing paperwork: Even something as apparently simple as picking a form and filling it out can be more complicated than it appears.
- Talking to the liable party: The liable party may have already hired lawyers to represent them. We can talk to these representatives and the liable party’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Calculating damages: Before filing your case, you need to figure out exactly how much your case is worth, down to the last dollar. We can determine what a fair settlement would look like in your case.
- Seeking damages: Sometimes, we go to court to get compensation for our clients. Other times, we can negotiate a settlement. Either way, we are prepared to do everything we can to help you get the money your family needs.
- Looking for evidence: We can request medical records, talk to witnesses, and even hire experts to offer insight into various aspects of your accident.
Our team would be with you every step of the way to update you about your case’s progress and assist you in every way possible.
Determining How to Seek Compensation Following a Rideshare Accident
Your route to compensation depends on the rideshare driver’s status at the time of the wreck. Generally speaking, it goes as follows:
- If the rideshare driver’s app was off, their personal auto insurance would cover the damages.
- If the rideshare driver had their app on but didn’t have a ride, the rideshare company’s insurance policy would cover whatever losses the rideshare driver’s doesn’t.
- If the rideshare driver had the app on and was in the middle of a ride or on their way to pick someone up, the rideshare company’s insurance would kick in.
Our attorney can help you figure out the rideshare driver’s working status and seek compensation accordingly.
Want to Consult a Rideshare Accident Lawyer on Our Team?
If you were injured in a rideshare-related wreck because of someone else’s carelessness, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC wants to see you recover a settlement or jury award.
Whether you were a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, call us for a free evaluation today. Our rideshare accident lawyer can help you start a case quickly. We also work based on contingency, so you don’t pay us a dime unless and until we recover compensation for you.