If you were hurt in a motorcycle crash in a Polk County, N.C., wreck, a Tryon motorcycle accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, may be able to help you seek and recover compensation. Taking legal action is one way to get the money you need to cover your expenses and hold the at-fault driver accountable.
You can talk to a car wreck attorney from our team today for free. We discuss cases with potential clients and their families, ensuring they understand their legal options. We will answer your questions and explain your rights during your free consultation.
How Much Money Is My Tryon, N.C., Motorcycle Crash Worth?
There is no way to know how much your motorcycle wreck might be worth without a better understanding of your case. We generally do not value our client’s claims until we investigate what happened, identify the liable parties, and document their expenses and losses. We can then estimate the settlement range of the case and demand a just payout.
Because of the strength of the cases we develop, we can often demand and secure significant financial recoveries for our clients without suing or going to trial. However, we will not back down if the insurance company or at-fault parties refuse to accept responsibility. We prepare every case for trial and are not afraid to go before a judge and jury on any client’s behalf. The recoverable damages in motorcycle injury crashes can include:
- Medical bills and future treatment and care costs
- Related expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Diminished ability to earn if the victim cannot return to their job
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Disability and disfigurement
If you lost an immediate family member in a Tryon motorcycle collision, you may be able to pursue and recover wrongful death damages. Under G.S. § 28A-18-2, this could include:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial or cremation costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Losses, including “services, protection, care, and assistance”
- Surviving family members’ intangible losses
How Can a Motorcycle Wreck Lawyer Help with My Compensation Claim?
When a lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, represents a motorcycle crash victim in Polk County, N.C., we manage their entire legal case. Whether the case is an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit, the steps we take for every client include:
- Assessing the strength of their case and their best options for free
- Investigating what happened and who is responsible
- Identifying the liable party or parties and the insurance companies involved
- Calling in experts as necessary to support the case
- Preparing and filing their insurance claim and demand letter
- Representing them to the insurer, liable parties, judge, jury, and others
- Fighting for their best interests
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement
If our team reaches an agreement with the insurer, we will prepare paperwork, have our client sign it, and manage the recovery process. If a deal is not possible, we will take the case to court.
We Can Start on Your Case Without Upfront Fees
We are a contingency fee firm, meaning we do not bill clients upfront. Instead, we receive a percentage of the financial recovery for payment. We get paid only when our client does. We can discuss this in more detail during your initial consultation.
Our team has multiple offices, including locations in:
- Rutherfordton, N.C.
- Spartanburg, S.C.
- Morganton, N.C.
- Shelby, N.C.
Is It Worth Hiring a Motorcycle Collision Lawyer?
According to a North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles (NC DMV), there were more than 3,500 motorcycle wrecks in the state in 2019. Of these, 2,728 crashes caused injuries, and 184 accidents resulted in fatalities. These statistics underscore the dangers of motorcycle crashes. If you are in a collision, the risk of moderate-to-severe injury is high.
This is one reason why our clients appreciate having an attorney on their side to manage their insurance claim or legal case. They can focus on treatment, rehabilitation, and healing, and we handle the rest. Our team knows what evidence is necessary and how to prove negligence and liability. We can prove:
- What happened
- Who caused it
- Why it occurred
- The damages it caused
We build a solid case for compensation for every client. This could include:
- Obtaining law enforcement’s crash report
- Identifying and interviewing witnesses
- Gathering other evidence
- Reviewing video and photographs
- Surveying the crash scene
- Conducting a reconstruction of the crash
- Enlisting experts for support as needed
We Must Prove Negligence Occurred in Your Case
To recover compensation for our clients in any traffic collision, our attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, must prove that negligence occurred. This requires us to show:
- The driver had a duty of care to take a certain action.
- They failed to take that action.
- Their failure caused the wreck.
- Our clients suffered harm as a direct result.
When Do I Need to Sue the Driver Who Caused My Tryon, N.C., Wreck?
In most cases, we settle motorcycle wreck claims without going to trial. We only occasionally need to sue the at-fault driver. Insurance settlements, which are the most common outcome, hold the at-fault driver legally responsible.
However, we may need to sue when:
- The insurer refuses to pay for some or all damages
- They blame our client for the crash
- The deadline for suing is near
The deadlines in these cases can vary, but generally, they are:
Speak to an Attorney at Our Office Today for Free
You can talk to a motorcycle accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, about your case and get your free review today. Our team is here to discuss your legal options after a Tryon, N.C., motorcycle wreck. Call (828) 286-3866.