Losing a loved one is a tragedy, and the death of a loved one can be financially and emotionally devastating. They could have been the primary breadwinner, putting your household’s stability at risk. When someone’s careless or negligent behavior caused your loss, it makes a difficult situation even harder.
If you’ve recently lost a family member to tragedy, there could be someone liable to pay for the damages. We at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC have personal injury lawyers in Mt. Holly, NC who will protect your rights, tally your expenses, and fight to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Helps Clients With Wrongful Death Accidents
Here at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we understand that those looking to file a wrongful death claim are not interested in the intricacies of a legal case or of calculating all of their complicated losses. They are simply looking for closure and a way to recover from the loss of their loved one.
Wrongful death cases are often long and difficult ordeals to go through, but we’ll be with you every step of the way. Count on us to:
- File your case and handle any necessary paperwork
- Conduct an investigation based on all available evidence in your case
- Identify all potentially responsible parties and hold them accountable based on their involvement in your loved one’s tragedy
- Calculate the compensation you are owed
- Negotiate your settlement with insurance companies, or prepare your case for trial if we cannot come to an agreement outside of court
- Answer any questions you may have during our time together
- Keep you updated on your case’s progress
- Protect your rights
- Take your case on contingency, so you don’t have to pay us unless we win
We guarantee all of the above and more to every client who hires us. Whether you come to us for wrongful death, another personal injury, or one of our other practice areas, we strive to provide excellent service.
Above all, our team understands what is most important to you and devotes all of our resources and experience to ensuring that your case is won as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Getting Justice For a Mt. Holly Wrongful Death Accident Is Our Job, Not Yours
This is likely the first time you are filing a wrongful death claim. It is hard to know where to start, how to prove liability, and who to hold responsible for your loved one’s passing.
In rare situations, multiple people may be at fault for an accident. In a truck collision, for example, a commercial truck driver and their company could be liable for your family’s losses. A bereaved family may find it tough to juggle a civil case while dealing with the grief of their loss.
Our wrongful death attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC relieve clients of this burden and investigate on behalf of you and your family. We will identify all liable parties in your case and see to it that all involved in your loved one’s untimely passing are brought to justice. We will also help you identify which family members are able to pursue damages on behalf of the deceased.
During the initial process of filing, our attorneys will advise you on the best course of action based on your circumstances.
A Wrongful Death Attorney Will Help Calculate Your Damages
Compiling all of the expenses involved with your loved one’s death is stressful, but we will make sure that any settlement offer meets your family’s financial needs. Based on the facts of your case, the following damages may be available to you:
- Medical expenses before your loved one’s death
- Reasonable funeral costs
- Pain & suffering of the deceased
- Mental anguish
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship, services, guidance, and other emotional and personal duties that the deceased would have provided for their family
Medical treatment, hourly income, and property damage costs are examples of damages that will vary in value depending on the circumstances of each client.
Our attorneys will help you take all of these values into consideration during this very difficult time in order to create a fair settlement that covers all of your expenses.
Types of Wrongful Death Accidents Our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
One small act of carelessness can turn even the most harmless of situations into a fatal accident, but here are the primary categories where careless behavior or misconduct can result in an untimely passing.
- Auto Accident: An unfortunately common cause of a tragedy can be an auto accident. A negligent driver can hit you while speeding, texting, or drinking behind the wheel. Car engine failure can cause you or another driver to lose control of their vehicle, even road hazards, poor visibility, and bad weather can spell tragedy.
- Medical Malpractice: A doctor performing a surgery incorrectly or performing the wrong surgery are horrific cases of wrongful death. But other scenarios may qualify, such as an allergic reaction to an incorrectly administered prescription drug from your loved one’s pharmacist.
- Premises Liability: Owners or managers of retail establishments, government-owned buildings, common areas, and residential buildings must maintain a safe and hazard-free property.
- Workplace Accident: Construction accidents, hazards in the workplace, falling debris, maritime accidents, insufficiently trained staff, or lack of warning of present safety risks are examples of potential catalysts for workplace accidents.
Whatever the circumstances, you have the right to seek compensation if your loved one was killed due to carelessness of any kind, and we will fight tooth and nail to get you that compensation regardless of who was at fault. Our Mt. Holly personal injury lawyers will hold them accountable for your damages, whether they are individuals, corporations, or government entities.
Don’t Let You Right to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Expire
Though you have the right to submit a wrongful death claim for the death of a loved one, you must do so within the state’s statute of limitations. In North Carolina, this is two years from the day of death, per N.C. Gen. Stat. § 1-53. All wrongful death claims can be thrown out after this time frame, regardless of your case’s circumstances.
Hiring a wrongful death lawyer from our firm will allow you to rest and grieve your loved one, with the reassurance that your case is being handled.
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys Are Waiting to Take Your Call
If you are ready to proceed with your case, contact our wrongful death attorneys in Mt. Holly and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we will review your case free of charge.