After suffering a semi-truck collision, you may have concerns about holding the at-fault party accountable. You know that trucking companies are armed with lawyers, claims adjusters, and others who want to dispute your claim. Yet, thanks to North Carolina’s personal injury system, you have financial recovery options.
Meet Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC. We have years of legal experience holding negligent parties financially accountable. A Gaffney semi-truck accident lawyer from our firm can file your claim, negotiate a settlement, and pursue justice. Today, you can start a free case review and learn about your options.
In This Article
- What You Can Expect from Your Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Gaffney
- Your Compensable Losses After a Gaffney Semi-Truck Crash
- You Generally Have Two Years to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Gaffney, NC
- Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Advocate for People With These Injuries
- Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Can Review Your Trucking Accident Case Today
What You Can Expect from Your Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Gaffney
The law is a tricky thing. There are dozens of laws that apply to personal injury cases, some of which are difficult to understand because of tough legalese. Yet, you have a friend and ally in Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC. We are an experienced, results-driven team who understands how to get the best possible results.
Your lawyer can support your truck crash claim or lawsuit by:
- Conducting an independent investigation
- Calculating your damages
- Collecting witness testimony
- Filing your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Protecting you from bad faith insurance practices
- Managing all case-related communications
We offer these (and other) services on a contingency-fee basis. In that arrangement, we don’t bill you hourly for our time. We don’t charge retainers, either. Payment for our help comes from the settlement we recover on your behalf. You can learn more about this arrangement during a complimentary case review with our staff.
For a legal consultation with a semi truck accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 828.286.3866
Your Compensable Losses After a Gaffney Semi-Truck Crash
A personal injury claim allows you to seek damages for your injury-related losses. These damages may include:
- Medical bills: Your medical bills may include costs associated with treatments, surgeries, trips to the emergency room, and medications. You can also seek restitution for rehabilitation, therapy, and mental health services.
- Property damage expenses: You can seek compensation for any car repairs or replacement if necessary. Your claim could also include compensation for the cost of using rideshare or temporary transportation arrangements.
- Lost income. Depending on your job and injury’s severity, you could pursue compensation for lost bonuses, commissions, contracts, hourly rates, and benefits. We can also seek compensation for loss of future earning capacity, if you can no longer work in your current position.
- Pain and suffering. This damage accounts for the accident’s toll on your life, relationships, and emotional stability. How much you can recover depends on your situation. Your lawyer can use your case’s evidence to arrive at a fair value.
- Funeral costs: If you lost a loved one, you could recover compensation for funeral, burial, and memorial costs.
- Any out-of-pocket expenses. If you had to spend money on an injury-related loss, you could recover those expenses. For instance, if you hired a nanny to look after your children during your recovery, those losses are compensable.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires truckers and trucking companies to carry generous insurance policies. That’s because the organization knows how serious these collisions can be. So, rather than suing the at-fault driver, we may first file a claim with the trucking company. This is how we resolve many truck accident cases in North Carolina. Yet, we prepare for court when necessary.
We Can Prove that Another Party’s Negligence Caused Your Truck Accident
To recover compensation through a claim or lawsuit, you must assert how another party’s negligence caused your crash, injuries, and damages. Proving negligence means proving these four factors:
- Duty of care. The trucker had a duty of care to operate their vehicle with reasonable caution.
- Breach of duty. The trucker engaged in careless or reckless behavior, like driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Causation. The trucker’s actions caused the collision.
- Damages. You have economic and non-economic damages resulting from the wreck.
To prove these elements, your semi-truck accident lawyer in Gaffney will use the police report, eyewitness testimony, and traffic camera footage. They may also consult with third-party experts (such as accident reconstruction specialists) to further your claim or lawsuit.
Gaffney Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
You Generally Have Two Years to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Gaffney, NC
Per G.S. § 1-52, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit following a truck crash. The same time period applies to wrongful death lawsuits. At first glance, two years may seem like a generous filing period. However, time goes by quickly, and the longer you wait to seek legal help, the more complex your case could become.
Evidence collection isn’t the only time-sensitive factor in your case. If you file your lawsuit outside of the state’s statute of limitations, the courts may dismiss it, leaving you with no way to seek compensation.
Our attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC make it our business to remove any obstacles that may impede you from recovering damages. Yet, we must learn about your case before we can start advocating for you.
Our Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers Advocate for People With These Injuries
A collision with a semi-truck can leave you struggling with lifelong conditions. Yet, no matter how serious your diagnosis is, our team stands ready to advocate for you. We’ve successfully recovered damages for people suffering from:
- Bone fractures
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding/organ damage
These conditions result in more than exorbitantly expensive medical treatments; they can also transform your quality of life. We believe that your settlement or court award could account for each way the incident has affected your life.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Can Review Your Trucking Accident Case Today
You have financial recovery options following a semi-truck accident in Gaffney. While you recover from your condition, let our team do the heavy lifting when it comes to recovering damages. We can represent you in court, negotiate a settlement, and serve as your advocate during this challenging time.
Call us today to start a free, no-obligation consultation. We want to learn your story and discuss how we can help you.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form