The massive size of a truck compared to a standard passenger car means the latter vehicle typically fields the brunt of the damage in a wreck. If you or a family member has injuries from such an incident, a Forest City semi-truck accident lawyer with our firm can help.
We at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, have experience dealing with accident investigations and insurance companies. Our team will fight to get you compensation for your injuries. Start with a free case evaluation and explore your options.
What Compensation Is Available After a Semi-Truck Accident in Forest City?
When you have financial losses from a semi-truck accident, it can leave your family in a bind. Luckily, many of the expenses associated with wrecks are recoverable.
Our truck accident lawyer can explain in more detail, but you may be able to recover damages for the following.
Economic Losses Recoverable After a Forest City Semi-Truck Accident
Any expenditures directly resulting from your accident are called economic losses. Some examples of these damages include:
- Medical costs: This category includes ambulances, emergency room treatment, surgical procedures, physical and occupational therapy, medications, and follow-up care. Our team can discuss your injuries with medical personnel and account for future necessary treatment costs.
- Lost income: This compensation includes earnings lost due to an inability to work, such as commissions, bonuses, or promotions. If you return to work in a different position, we will offset wages to compensate for any losses from switching to a lower-paying job.
- Property damage: This includes repairing or replacing your vehicle and any property in the car that was damaged in the wreck. We will evaluate repair estimates from reputable facilities and dealerships. Our calculations may also include the diminished value of your vehicle following repair.
Non-Economic Losses Recoverable After a Forest City Semi-Truck Accident
Only some things relating to your injuries cost money. Much of the healing process will involve non-tangible things. When our team evaluates these losses, we look at the overall effect of the wreck on every aspect of your life. We may find that you’re entitled to recover:
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of the enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or change in relationship status
Money won’t “fix” these issues, but it can help in providing stability for your family to recover financially. As you work on your healing, non-economic compensation can provide the resources you and your family need to thrive.
Wrongful Death Losses Recoverable After a Forest City Semi-Truck Accident
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), many accidents involving tractor-trailers result in fatalities. Most of them are occupants of smaller vehicles.
If you have lost a family member in a Forest City fatal truck accident, your family might be able to receive compensation for the following:
- Final life-saving attempts from medical personnel
- Funeral, burial, or cremation expenses
- Lost income, if the deceased was the primary earner for the family
Our team understands a family’s need to grieve in these cases. When you partner with our fatal accident team, we handle the details and allow your family the necessary time.
How Our Forest City Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Our semi-truck accident team has experience working with cases similar to yours. When we handle your case, we worry about the details, and you can concentrate on healing and rebuilding your life. Some of the things we do for you include:
- Conducting a complete investigation of your accident
- Obtaining and organizing all your documents, including medical records, accident reports, repair estimates, and wage statements
- Obtaining video footage, if available
- Identifying all negligent and liable parties
- Consulting expert witnesses, medical personnel, and accident reconstruction specialists
- Interviewing witnesses
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Filing necessary documentation for a lawsuit if necessary
Many semi-truck wreck claims settle before reaching civil court. If your case goes to court, you can be sure that our team will represent you every step of the way.
Meeting the Factors Necessary to Prove Negligence in a Truck Wreck
When proof of negligence is required, we must meet four elements; duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages.
Let’s say the truck driver acted negligently and caused the accident. In that case, they had a duty to take regular breaks while making a delivery. If they didn’t adhere to the Hours of Service and were fatigued, they have “breached” their duty to drive responsibly. When these violations result in a wreck (causation), they cause damages.
When our semi-truck accident team takes your case, we will work to ensure that we can effectively prove negligence. Once we establish the facts, we can fight for your compensation.
Our Contingency Plan Means Zero Upfront Costs for You
Our partnership with you starts with a free case evaluation. You relate your account of the accident to our team, and we offer you options based on what happened. If you like what you hear and partner with us, we will explain our fee agreement in greater detail.
The biggest factor is that you won’t have to come up with any upfront fees. We work on your case on a contingency basis. Our fees and reimbursement for any initial expenses will come from your final compensation. Whether you settle out of court or we pursue your case in civil court, we don’t get paid until you do.
There is a Filing Deadline for Your Semi-Truck Accident Case
North Carolina generally allows you three years following a truck wreck to file a personal injury lawsuit for compensation, per G.S. § 1-52. In cases of wrongful death, the family typically has only two years from the date of the death, per G.S. § 1-53, to sue.
When you are recovering from injuries and undergoing treatment and therapy, time can pass quickly. When you partner with our truck accident team, we worry about meeting the deadlines and ensuring your case filing is on time.
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Is Eager to Help You After a Semi-Truck Accident
When you need someone on your side, a Forest City semi-truck accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris, PLLC, is ready to help. Our team understands your injuries and the difficulties of fighting against trucking companies and their insurance providers. We fight for you and your family. Contact us to begin your free case evaluation.