If you or a family member had a bus-related accident, you may have a number of damages you want to collect from the busing company or local government. However, you might have trouble recovering these damages since these entities are well protected.
You deserve fair compensation, and Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC can help you pursue it. Our personal injury lawyers can negotiate for damages or even sue a liable party. Our lawyer can help in other ways, too, such as by protecting the evidence in your case. When you consult with us, we’ll tell you more about what our Gaffney bus accident lawyer will do for you.
In This Article
- What Damages Can You Get in a Gaffney, SC, Bus Accident Case?
- Why Is It Difficult to Recover Damages in a Gaffney Bus Accident Case?
- Negotiating or Suing for Your Bus Accident Damages
- Making Everything More Affordable for You During Your Bus Accident Case
- Contact Us for Your Bus Accident Attorney in Gaffney, South Carolina
What Damages Can You Get in a Gaffney, SC, Bus Accident Case?
In any personal injury case, a victim can recover damages, like financial losses from medical bills and lost income. In a bus accident case, though, a victim may have difficulty pursuing those damages on their own. However, a lawyer from our firm can help you recover the damages you and your family may need following the bus wreck.
As a passenger, pedestrian, motorist, or another party who suffered a bus accident, you may be owed such damages as:
- The cost of your vehicle repair/replacement
- The costs of your medical treatments and therapies
- The income you’ve lost and may lose in the future
- Loss in your ability to earn income
- Physical pain and suffering
- Impairment or disability
- Mental suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss in your ability to enjoy certain activities
As a Family Member of a Deceased Victim
You may have lost a family member in the accident. If this is true, we are very sorry this has happened to your family. No family should have to endure such a tragedy.
Our firm would be privileged to work for your family. One of our wrongful death lawyers will pursue damages on behalf of your close family members. These wrongful death damages could include:
- Any unpaid medical bills
- Bills for a funeral or cremation/burial
- Lost family income
- Any physical damages your deceased family member endured
- Your mental damages
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of familial love and support
For a legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 828.286.3866
Why Is It Difficult to Recover Damages in a Gaffney Bus Accident Case?
It can be difficult for a claimant for a couple of reasons. For one, it can be difficult for the claimant to negotiate compensation with a large insurance company and even multiple attorneys who protect the liable commercial bus company or local government. The claimant may simply not be able to negotiate for their due damages.
Another reason is that it can be difficult to recover physical, mental, and emotional damages through an insurance claim. It may only be possible to recover financial damages.
However, a lawyer from our firm may be able to negotiate for all of your due damages or even sue for them. You and our lawyer can discuss your options together.
Gaffney Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Negotiating or Suing for Your Bus Accident Damages
There are good reasons to negotiate and reasons to sue. For example, suing may help you recover more of your damages. Regardless of which option you and our lawyer choose, our Gaffney bus accident lawyer can do all of the following for you, and more:
- Determine fair monetary values for your physical, mental, and emotional damages so you can claim them
- Seek out and show evidence of your damages, such as your bills and a written statement from your doctor
- Seek out and show evidence of the bus driver’s, company’s, or government’s negligence, such as footage from a traffic camera and/or information in the company’s bus maintenance logs
- File a spoliation letter to preserve certain invaluable evidence, such as data in the bus’s black box
- Show how the liable party owed you a duty of care and breached that duty, as well as how the breach of duty caused the accident and led to your damages
- Demand all of your due damages
Negotiating for Damages After Filing a Claim
If you and our lawyer decide to negotiate with the insurer, our lawyer will approach them in good faith. If they act in bad faith and don’t make a reasonable settlement offer, our lawyer can file a lawsuit and pursue court awards.
Suing to Receive a Fair Court Award
Alternatively, if you and our lawyer decide to sue, our lawyer can prepare and serve your lawsuit, hire experts for court testimonies, and then resolve your case with a judge or jury instead.
Be aware, though, that there is a deadline to file a lawsuit, also known as a statute of limitations. Under S.C. Ann § 15-3-530, you generally have three years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. This deadline may be cut down to two years, per S.C. Ann. § 15-78-110, if the liable party is a government agency. Our attorney can explain which statute of limitations apply to your case.
Making Everything More Affordable for You During Your Bus Accident Case
Today, you may be struggling financially if you’ve incurred many medical expenses and other losses. You might even have debt right now. In addition to recovering damages for you, our Gaffney bus accident attorney can do more to help you financially.
For example, our attorney can work for you in an easily affordable contingency-fee arrangement. In the arrangement, our attorney won’t charge you any upfront or ongoing fees for legal services, so you won’t have any trouble affording our attorney. Instead, our attorney will simply take a small portion of your case payout at a preapproved payment amount.
Additionally, your attorney may be able to refer you to medical professionals who can treat you on a lien. This means the professionals may not charge you for their services until you receive your payment. This arrangement could help you afford all of the care you require.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for Your Bus Accident Attorney in Gaffney, South Carolina
If you or a family member had a bus-related accident, our firm can help you pursue compensation. One of our attorneys can negotiate or even sue for your damages and make legal services more affordable for you. Our attorney may be able to help in other ways, as well.
In a consultation, we’ll go over your case with you and tell you all about how one of our attorneys can help you. We’ll also tell you about how our attorneys have helped over 10,000 clients to date. For your free consultation, contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form