Our construction law legal team can help if you need to resolve a dispute between yourself and a contractor or homeowner. We show you how to define the parameters of a contract, secure the completion of your project, and ensure timely compliance with state and local construction regulations. We also lead your fight for financial compensation if another resolution to your construction issue cannot be agreed upon.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, our Cleveland County construction lawyer can guide you through complex construction laws, clarify what constitutes a breach of contract, and fight for monetary damages from any such breach. When you are ready to build your case and negotiate a financial settlement, our legal team is ready to stand beside you, even representing you in court if your case cannot be resolved with a mutually agreeable settlement.
- Benefits of working with our construction lawyers in Cleveland County
- Common types of construction-related legal issues we help resolve
- Former construction law clients express their satisfaction with our representation
- Our construction attorney understands the value of resolving your dispute quickly
- We put contract law to work for you
- We can get started helping you with your construction law needs today
In This Article
Benefits of Working with Our Construction Lawyers in Cleveland County
A legal matter concerning construction law can lead to frustration and aggravation because it is likely to impact the usability of your home or workplace. Our construction law legal team can help you build a case against a faulty contractor or fight back if your contract was breached. When our attorneys for construction law represent you, we will:
- Scrutinize your contract and any amendments to it
- Ensure you are treated fairly and get the service you paid for
- Clarify the goals of your construction project and its contract
- Help you avoid or resolve a dispute over your contract
- Define and comply with the statute of limitations for contract disputes
When our legal team is on your side, we provide clarity on the parameters of contract law, construction law, and the complexities of your specific contract. Do not hesitate to put our team to work on your dispute. Our goal is to ensure you get the completed project you expected or financial compensation for any project failings or shortcomings.
Common Types of Construction-Related Legal Issues We Help Resolve
When we represent you, our team leverages our familiarity with construction law to help resolve the dispute in your favor. Disputes and disagreements we can help you resolve between yourself, your business, contractors, subcontractors, builders, suppliers, and homeowners include:
- Failure to meet project guidelines or to complete a project on time
- Non-compliance with city and state building codes and regulations
- Project delays including zoning and permit issues and concerns
Our team can help facilitate mediation and settlement agreements that let you avoid a prolonged court case. However, if your case cannot be resolved with a settlement, we will represent you in court and handle all relevant hearings, filings, depositions, arbitration, and court appearances.
Former Construction Law Clients Express Their Satisfaction with Our Representation
When we represent clients in complicated construction matters, we fight hard for their preferred outcome. The clients we represent share the following testimonials about their experience with our team:
- “I bought an enclosed carport…It leaked from the time it was built…They worked on it numerous times and IT STILL LEAKED! I enlisted Mrs. Hannah Davies to handle my problem [and] in two weeks I had my money back…In the future…If I have a problem, Mrs. Davies will be my first call.” — Gerald
- “We had multiple companies involved in a complicated legal matter. He patiently walked us through all the issues involved…In the end I could not have asked for a better outcome. I will definitely be using Josh again for all future legal issues.” — A Civil Litigation Client
- “I went to Josh a little over a year ago to help me with a case involving a repair on my house and involving the town I live in presently… He won the case for me…I recommend him highly to anyone. You will be very pleased.” — Jayne
Our goal is to ensure you do not have to battle faulty repairs or other construction issues on your own. That is why we will fight as hard for you as we have for our previous construction law clients.
For a legal consultation with a construction lawyer serving Cleveland County, call 828.286.3866
Our Construction Attorney Understands the Value of Resolving Your Dispute Quickly
Our construction law team understands the value of resolving your dispute quickly and with minimal disruption to your personal or business life. When you trust your case to our construction attorney at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we help you understand your rights and responsibilities under the law.
G.S. Chapter 87 cites several laws that govern contractors. If your dispute involves someone who misrepresented themselves, their qualifications, or their construction business and its legitimacy, we can help you understand how G.S. § 87-1 defines regulations regarding general contractors. This understanding can help resolve your current dispute and avoid future misunderstandings.
We Put Contract Law to Work for You
In residential and commercial construction, contracts are how projects are defined. Our legal team can help you draft contracts that are binding and enforceable. We also ensure you understand the North Carolina Choice of Law and Forum in Business Contracts Act, which governs business and consumer contracts.
Additionally, we work hard to ensure your potential lawsuit is filed within the allotted time, per G.S. § 1-52. Accordingly, the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit for breach of contract is three years. When we handle your case, we comply with the filing deadline, as needed. This preserves your ability to seek a remedy to your dispute in court if your case cannot be resolved with a mutually agreed-upon settlement.
Cleveland County Construction Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
We Can Begin Addressing Your Construction Law Needs Today
If you have a residential or commercial construction issue or construction contract dispute in Cleveland County, you do not have to resolve your dispute without legal support. Find out how hard our construction lawyer will fight for you by contacting a representative of Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC at (828) 286-3866 today.