If you suffered a spinal cord injury in Kings Mountain, North Carolina, you may face an uphill battle to recovery. It’s a difficult process, but the prospects might improve if you had the financial resources necessary to cover the medical care, assistive devices, and living expenses you need to sustain yourself during this time.
The personal injury attorneys at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, are committed to helping the injured collect obtain legal representation so they can pursue the compensation they deserve. Our Kings Mountain spinal cord injury lawyer can file a claim or lawsuit against the party responsible for your losses. You can call us anytime for a free consultation to learn about your rights and options in North Carolina.
We aim to ensure you have the resources that can give you quality health care and comfort for as long as you need it. Spinal cord injuries are lifelong and are likely to affect your financial future and quality of life for years. Injury victims often suffer from paralysis and cannot function in the same capacities they once could.
Our spinal cord injury attorneys serving Kings Mountain and the Gaston County, NC, area will carefully review your case to identify the full scope of SCI damages you have suffered. You might be able to recover compensation for economic (financial) and non-economic (non-financial) losses such as:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Hospital stays
- Surgical procedures and diagnostic testing
- Prescription medications
- Mobility aids (e.g., power wheelchairs)
- Wheelchair lifts
- Adaptive devices (e.g., voice-activated technology, universal cuffs, etc.)
- Assistive medical devices (e.g., electric bed, ventilator, blood pressure monitors, etc.)
- Lost income and work benefits
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Counseling or psychotherapy
- Replacement household services
- Transportation costs and other travel expenses
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Physical trauma
- Impaired quality of life
Depending on your accident, you may have other related economic damages. For instance, victims whose spinal cord damage occurred in a motor vehicle accident may also have vehicle damage to consider in their claim. Your accident lawyer will include accident-related losses as necessary.
Wrongful Death Damages for a Kings Mountain Spinal Cord Injury
If your loved one died after a spinal cord injury, our Kings Mountain wrongful death attorney could pursue damages for you and your family. We can seek various damages to help you recover your loved one’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost household income, and more.
We can explain how wrongful death actions work under North Carolina law during a free consultation.
Determining Your Losses After a Spinal Cord Injury in Kings Mountain, NC
Our Kings Mountain spinal cord injury attorneys want to be sure you collect compensation for your present and future expenses. We carefully evaluate documentation, such as medical bills, receipts, financial statements, lost income, bills, and medical records to understand your financial burdens.
Additionally, we may gather testimony from experts in medical care, financial planning, life-care, and mental health as well as your relatives, co-workers, and others familiar with your life to help support your claim for pain and suffering compensation.
For a legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Kings Mountain, call 828.286.3866
Since our personal injury practice covers various accident types, we are ready to assist spinal cord injury victims who suffered injuries from various events. The Farmer & Morris Law legal team comprises passionate attorneys with their areas of experience and knowledge. We can help whether you have quadriplegia, paraplegia, or any other type of nerve damage.
Sometimes spinal cord injuries result from the victim’s actions, but many times these injuries arise from preventable situations caused by the negligent actions of others. In these situations, our injury attorneys can assist victims in seeking financial recovery. We handle a range of spinal cord injury cases, such as those stemming from:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Sports and recreation
If you want to know if our law office can take your case, you can reach out to our team at any time. We’ll answer your questions during a free initial consultation.
Kings Mountain Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Establishing a spinal cord injury claim for compensation usually requires that our spinal cord injury attorneys serving Kings Mountain, NC, prove that the at-fault party acted negligently. Negligence is the failure to show reasonable care in a situation.
If we assert that a person or company caused your injury, we must show how they failed to do their due diligence. In a court of law, negligence theory is based on four elements:
- Duty of care: The other party was responsible for performing a task with the same care a reasonable person would in similar circumstances. For example, a kid’s wrestling instructor has a duty to keep his students reasonably safe while they are in his gym.
- Breach of Duty: The opposing party failed to exercise reasonable care. In our example, the wrestling instructor allows a 15-year-old to wrestle a 9-year-old who is much smaller in weight and stature. A reasonable wrestling instructor wouldn’t pair two children with such a large age and size gap. It’s standard practice to divide wrestlers by weight class.
- Causation: The failure to exercise care was the proximate (or direct) cause of the smaller child’s spinal cord injury. The 15-year-old student body slams the 9-year-old, injuring his back and spinal cord. If the instructor had not paired the two children, the incident and injury likely would not have occurred. Also, body slamming is prohibited in most sports wrestling.
- Damages: Because of the incident, the injured victim has suffered financial loss, physical trauma, and/or emotional harm that requires compensatory damages from the liable party.
Under G.S. § 1-52, accident victims generally have three years from the accident date or discovery of the injury to file a civil lawsuit. If you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit, you generally have two years to do it, per G.S. § 1-53.
Spinal cord injury victims in the Kings Mountain, NC, area should not delay contacting a personal injury attorney if they want to pursue a compensation case. Our spinal cord injury lawyers can tell you what your case’s legal deadline is. If no exception applies to your case, you risk losing your right to seek compensation.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
Our Kings Mountain spinal cord injury lawyer will work tirelessly to get the money you need to begin rebuilding your life. The party that caused your losses should pay for them, not you. We will pursue all the awards you are entitled to receive. We accept cases on a contingency basis and will not charge you any costs or fees upfront. We will only get paid if you recover compensation.
We have served over 10,000 clients, and our personal injury lawyers want to help you the same way we helped them. Contact Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today for a free consultation.