There is no average cost of a car accident because there is no single source for such data. Knowing the average cost of a car accident would not be particularly helpful anyway, as the cost of each collision is independent of other car accidents.
Rather than concerning yourself with the average cost of car accidents, worry about the specific cost of your car accident. You can hire a Rutherfordton car accident lawyer from our team to determine the cost of your accident-related damages and seek a settlement equaling (or rivaling) your losses.
Considerations That Affect the Cost of a Car Accident
While there is no average cost of a car crash, some standard variables affect how much one costs.
The Extent of Property Damage
Property damage is always a consideration in car accident cases. A critical question is whether your vehicle suffers total damage. If you need a new vehicle, this could significantly increase the cost of your car accident.
The Types of Injuries the Victim Suffers
The National Safety Council (NSC) explains how the severity of your injuries is a key factor in determining your economic damages. Injuries are rated on a scale of no observed injury, possible injury, apparent injury, disabling injury, and fatal injury. However, a car accident also causes noneconomic costs to be accrued, including pain and suffering. Data shows that the severity of your injuries will directly affect the cost of your car accident.
The Victim’s Psychological and Emotional Response to the Accident
Some car accident victims bounce back relatively quickly from their collision. Others experience long-lasting psychological and emotional trauma. The nature and severity of your pain and suffering will be a factor in the cost of your car accident.
Specific Damages That Factor Into the Cost of a Car Accident
The cost of your accident-related damages will dictate how much you could recover from your car accident. Your North Carolina car accident lawyer will consider the following losses.
Your attorney will assign a specific monetary value to all your accident-related medical care, including:
- Emergency treatment
- Imaging services
- Specialist appointments
- Rehab services
Your lawyer will total your accident-related medical bills. If they need to project the cost of future medical services, they will work with your medical professionals to do so.
Pain and Suffering
We will account for the various forms of pain and suffering your accident has caused, which may include:
- Physical pain
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Mood or personality changes
- Scarring and other types of disfigurement
- Lost quality of life
- Difficulty sleeping
Pain and suffering is unique to each car accident victim. A qualified mental health expert will diagnose your pain and suffering and help us value this cost.
Treatment for Pain and Suffering
When a car accident victim receives treatment to address their pain and suffering, our firm includes these costs in their case. Such treatment can consist of exposure therapy, talk therapy, medications, and other treatments recommended by a mental health professional.
Property expenses from a car accident can include the cost of:
- Replacing a totaled vehicle
- Repairing a vehicle
- Replacing electronics like a damaged cell phone
- Securing temporary transportation while your vehicle is out of commission
- Replacing clothing, accessories, and other personal items damaged during the crash
You must receive enough compensation to cover such property expenses, and our firm will work to ensure that you do.
Wrongful death is the most tragic and costly outcome of a car accident. The toll of a fatal car accident can include:
- The decedent’s pain and suffering
- Surviving loved ones’ pain and suffering
- Grief counseling and other mental health treatment
- Loss of the decedent’s financial support
- Loss of a spouse’s companionship
- Loss of a parent’s guidance
- Funeral costs
A North Carolina wrongful death lawyer from our team will learn about who the decedent was. By doing so, we can establish the complete cost of losing your loved one.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
A Lawyer From Our Team Will Calculate the Cost of Your Car Accident
We will also fight for a financial recovery based on the cost of your accident. Our team will determine the cost of your accident by:
- Totaling your current damages: The cost of your existing economic damages may be straightforward, as we will total all bills and invoices related to your accident.
- Projecting any likely future damages: If you have damages that have yet to bear their cost, we will either wait to determine their value or project their cost.
- Calculating noneconomic damages: We will use reliable, legally accepted methods to calculate the cost of pain and suffering and any other noneconomic damages.
- Consulting experts to review our calculations: We often work with experts (like economists and doctors) to ensure the accuracy of our calculations, especially when we project future damages.
Our team’s next step will be fighting for compensation to cover your damages. As part of this pursuit, our responsibilities will likely include:
- Obtaining all relevant evidence from your car accident
- Securing proof of your accident-related damages
- Leading settlement negotiations on your behalf
- Overseeing case-related communications
- Completing all case-related paperwork
- Completing any necessary trial
Your lawyer will advise you, protect your rights, and be available to answer your questions throughout your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC Today for Your Free Consultation
When you hire a Spartanburg car accident lawyer from our team, the cost of your car accident will be among our firm’s greatest concerns. We will determine the exact amount of compensation you deserve and then demand that sum from the liable parties.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today for your free consultation.