If you were attacked or injured in an area that should have been protected by strong security measures, our lawyer serving Dallas can help you file a lawsuit based on a property owner’s negligent security.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we have devoted our careers to helping people like you achieve justice after unnecessary injuries. Our Dallas personal injury lawyer can confront the at-fault party for fair compensation while you stay home to recuperate in the presence of loved ones.
Can I Sue Over Negligent Security in Dallas?
Yes, you do have the right to file a legal action against whoever is responsible for the lax security. One of our negligent security attorneys can pursue a just settlement, which you can use to pay for what you need and even support your family while you are unable to work.
What Can You Get From a Dallas Negligent Security Lawsuit?
Your settlement or jury award will depend on various factors. One of the most important factors is how your injury has affected you. Our Dallas negligent security lawyer can help you figure out which of the following types of compensation you may qualify for:
- Pain and suffering
- Partial disability
- Total disability
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of wages and benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of employment or employment opportunities
- Medical bills
- Travel expenses related to medical care
- Property loss or damage
When Should You File Your Negligent Security Case?
Note that your right to take legal action expires three years after the day you suffered the injury. This is North Carolina’s statute of limitations, found at N.C. Gen. Stat. §1-52.
The personal injury lawyers at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, want to help you recover the money you deserve, but we can only do so if you contact us about your case in a timely manner. We encourage you to call us right after receiving medical care.
Can a Dallas Personal Injury Attorney Help With Your Negligent Security Case?
Only you can decide if the services of our personal injury team can be of value to you. To help you make this decision, you can always call our office and:
- Request a free consultation from a member of our team
- Learn about the merits of your case at no obligation to you
- Take the next steps toward hiring one of our personal injury attorneys
Once You Hire Our Negligent Security Attorney, We Take Care of Everything
Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC provides the full range of legal services for our clients. All you would have to do is consult with us regularly to receive case updates and make big-picture decisions, such as deciding to settle. We can handle everything else, including:
- Finding proof that the at-fault party violated North Carolina’s negligence laws
- Quantifying your injuries so that you ask for the right amount of money based on the extent and severity of your injuries
- Sending and receiving paperwork, including demand letters and settlement offers
- Negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company for the settlement that is right for you and your family
- Preparing to take your case to court if the insurer is reluctant to negotiate in good faith
- Presenting your case in front of a judge and jury and raising objections with the court if the liable party’s representatives try to undermine your rights
- Managing communications between all of the involved parties, including you, the liable party, the insurance company, and the court
- Advising you on how to handle your case and what legal options might be best for you
Our Dallas Team Handles Wrongful Death Cases
What happens if your loved one passes away from an injury incurred due to lax security? Their passing may qualify as a wrongful death, meaning that you could recover money from a wrongful death lawsuit.
If you are currently facing this situation, we are sorry for your loss. We know that the last thing you want to be doing right now is thinking about legal matters. Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can handle your case with respect and care while you take the time you need to grieve properly.
Who Is Responsible for Negligent Security in Dallas?
Various parties play a role in purchasing, installing, and maintaining security systems in places like banks, apartment buildings, stores, and schools. It is, therefore, a good idea to let us investigate your case before you file a lawsuit against anyone. This way, you can be sure that you are requesting compensation from the right party.
The target of your suit might be:
- The property owner who should have been familiar with potential hazards on their property (e.g., unlit areas) and taken measures to reduce or eliminate those hazards
- The security system manufacturer, which has to protect customers by ensuring the quality of their products and quickly recalling any product they learn is potentially unsafe
- The security system maintenance team, which has to carefully inspect security equipment and address possible issues that could lead to malfunctions
Multiple Liable Parties in Negligent Security Suits
Say that a property owner installs an inadequate number of cameras to properly monitor their parking lot. At the same time, the owner is unaware that these cameras are defective in some way because the camera manufacturer has failed to issue a warning or recall.
In a case like this, who is liable for the resulting injury: the owner who installed too few cameras or the manufacturer who kept their product’s flaw quiet? The answer could well be both. If we uncover evidence against multiple parties, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can file cases against both (or all) of them on your behalf.
Want to Learn More About Our Negligent Security Legal Team?
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today and ask for a free case review. Our Dallas negligent security lawyer is eager to get started on your case so that you can recover fair compensation as soon as possible. We even tie our success to yours: you will pay us no attorney’s fees until you receive your money.