Whether or not it is a good idea to resolve your workers’ compensation case with a clincher agreement depends on several factors. For example, a worker whose injuries are permanent and will require lifelong medical care and support might prefer ongoing medical and wage replacement benefits.
Our client support team can calculate the potential costs of your injuries and lost wages. This calculation can help you decide whether or not you should sign a clincher agreement for your North Carolina workers’ compensation claim. We can also help you obtain and submit all required paperwork and documentation and negotiate a favorable clincher agreement.
In This Article
What Is a Clincher Agreement?
A clincher agreement is a type of settlement for your workers’ compensation case. Also known as a Compromise Settlement Agreement (CSA), it should include all medical care your injuries or illness requires. It creates a full and final resolution to your injury case, so it is critical to understand how it works and ensure an accurate value.
When our firm represents you, we use your medical records and written prognosis to determine your potential maximum medical improvement and the timeline of your treatment plan. We also create a detailed list of your current and anticipated expenses, including lost wages, and use it to assign an accurate financial value to your case file.
Required Forms, Documents, and Evidence
Initiating a workers’ compensation claim and resolving your case with a clincher settlement agreement involves a wide array of paperwork. For example, North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC) forms your case may require include:
- Form 18 to notify your employer of your injury
- Form 18B if you were diagnosed with lung disease
- Form 18M to request additional medical support
- Form 25P to create a detailed list of your medications
- Form 25T to document your injury-related travel costs
- Form 31 to request a lump sum payment of your case
- Form 33 to request having your case assigned a hearing date
In addition, you will need to provide medical records and reports as supporting evidence, including test results and your medical prognosis. Our team will help you compile this information, complete the necessary forms, and submit them on time.
For a legal consultation with a lawyer serving North Carolina and South Carolina, call 828.286.3866
Our Workers’ Compensation Team Will Negotiate Your Settlement
Negotiating a settlement on your own can be complicated due to the vast amount of paperwork and financial assessments involved. We can help you manage this process. On your behalf, our benefits lawyer will:
- Determine the value of the medical care you will require throughout your recovery
- Determine the value of your lost wages
- Estimate a fair settlement to request
- Negotiate with the workers’ compensation insurance company
- Help you evaluate any offers you receive
- Clarify any tax consequences of your clincher agreement
We will also determine your eligibility for additional benefits programs. Our goal is to make the process as smooth and worry-free as possible so you can prioritize your recovery.
Settlement Agreement Timeline
Resolving your case involves more than you and your employer. Once you reach an agreement, it must be submitted to the Executive Secretary’s Office for approval.
Your agreement will be reviewed for fairness before an order is issued. According to North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC) guidelines:
- Payment must be sent within ten days of approval.
- Late payments can include a 10% late fee.
Our workers’ compensation attorney will help you determine your timeline and ensure prompt payment of your approved settlement. If necessary, we will also help prove your entitlement to a late payment increase.
We are Committed to Every Client We Represent
Our team works hard to ensure you do not have to add stress and strain to injuries you sustained at work. We’ve helped many people through this process, so we know what a successful case entails. Previous clients we represented had this to say about working with us:
- “One thing I can say about Mark Morris is that he doesn’t rest until the job is done…Mark went above and beyond my expectations…job well done!” – Allison
- “He was recommended very highly by a mutual friend…He made me feel confident in the case and totally optimistic…You will be very pleased.” – Jayne
Our team is always on your side. You can read what other happy clients have to say about our client support team on our reviews and testimonials page.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Get an Immediate Case Review
Were you or a loved one hurt at work? Learn more about the pros and cons of signing a clincher agreement for your North Carolina workers’ compensation claim by contacting our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC.
We serve clients in North Carolina from our offices in Rutherfordton, Shelby, and Morganton. When you call, you’ll receive a complimentary consultation with our team. Reach out at (828) 286-3866 today.
Call or text 828.286.3866 or complete a Case Evaluation form