In North Carolina, workers’ compensation wages are calculated based on your average weekly wages, according to G.S. § 97-2. Your average weekly wages are based on your income for the 52 weeks immediately preceding your injury. Per G.S. § 97-29, if your injury qualifies as a total disability, your payment is calculated to equal 66 2/3% of your average weekly wages.
When our workers’ compensation team represents you, we explain how to calculate workers’ compensation wages, why the first seven days you are unable to work do not qualify for injury compensation, and the amount of compensation you can expect to receive once your application for medical care and financial benefits is approved.
In This Article
In This Article:
- Report your work-related injury right away
- Common work-related injuries
- Compensation for injured employees
- Benefits of working with our workers’ compensation team
- Client reviews and testimonials
- Contact our workers’ compensation team today
For a legal consultation, call 828.286.3866
Report Your Work-Related Injury Right Away
Your employer is required to have workers’ compensation insurance if it has the minimum number of required employees. Just as your employer has a responsibility to you, you are also required to meet certain responsibilities in reporting your injury. In a timely fashion, you should:
- Report your injury to your employer
- Get appropriate medical treatment
- Provide your employer with a written notice
After informing your employer of your injury and intent to seek workers’ compensation benefits, review your case with a member of our legal team. We will help you understand your rights, your employer’s obligation, and the medical and financial benefits you qualify for.
Common Work-Related Injuries
Although some types of employment are riskier than others, a work-related injury can happen to any employee in any industry. According to the National Safety Council, the most common work-related injuries include:
- Accidental falls
- Contact with equipment
- Transportation accidents
- Workplace violence
- Dangerous exposure
- Fire and explosions
Our team will help you document your injury, its cause, and the time it occurred. We will also help you prove your injury means you are entitled to medical and financial benefits under workers’ compensation.
Compensation for Injured Employees
If you were hurt at work or diagnosed with a work-related illness or disease, you are entitled to workers’ compensation relief if your employer carries worker’s compensation insurance. The benefits our attorney will help you apply for include:
- Medical care until you recover
- Lost wages when you cannot work
- Travel expenses for medical care
- Retraining expenses for a different job
- Financial compensation for permanent disabilities
Our legal team is always on the injured worker’s side. We handle your case with compassion and understanding and help you fight to recover death benefits for the surviving family of an employee who was fatally injured at work.
Benefits of Working with Our Workers’ Compensation Team
When we represent you, our team takes care of all case-related paperwork, communication, and correspondence for you. Our goal is to let you focus on recovering from your injury while we concentrate on building your case. On your behalf, we will:
- Provide routine updates
- Handle all documentation
- Review your medical records
- Review your accident report
- Interview available witnesses
If you were hurt at work, your recovery is our priority. We make sure all filing deadlines are met and that you receive all the benefits and compensation you need and qualify to receive.
Client Reviews and Testimonials
Fighting for injured clients is our team’s passion. Satisfied clients that we have represented in the past share reviews and testimonials like these on our client testimonials page:
- “I have known Josh since opening his business in Rutherfordton…He represents his clients well and is very professional. I have been in business 35 years, and he is one of the most intelligent attorneys I have used over this time span.” — Gene
- “I went to Josh a little over a year ago…He was recommended very highly by a mutual friend and even though he was very busy at the time…he graciously took on my case…He won the case for me…I recommend him highly to anyone.” — Jayne
- “He patiently walked us through all the issues involved and helped guide us through every step of the way. In the end, I could not have asked for a better outcome.” — A Civil Litigation Client
We work hard to earn the respect of every client we represent. When we handle your workers’ compensation case, our goal is to make sure we receive the best possible result for you.
Contact Our Workers’ Compensation Team Today
If you or someone you love was injured at work, you should learn as much as possible about your rights as an injured employee. Our team can help you apply for the benefits you need and deserve.
Find out how to prove your eligibility, how workers’ compensation wages are calculated, and how hard our team fights for you. Call one of our Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, team members at (828) 286-3866 today to get started.