Car accidents are all too common in Gaffney – particularly on I-85, which seems to be under indefinite construction, creating safety hazards for drivers. If you were hurt in one of these accidents, you could seek compensation from the at-fault party.
A Gaffney car accident lawyer at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can help you file an insurance claim or a lawsuit against the negligent party. You don’t have to stress over your case. During a free consultation, our legal experts will walk you through how these claims work and gather any pertinent information about what happened.
In This Article
- South Carolina Law Allows Car Accident Victims to Seek Damages
- How a Car Accident Attorney at Our Firm Can Help
- Finding the Liable Parties in Your Gaffney Car Accident
- Dealing with the Insurance Company
- You Must File Your Car Accident Lawsuit On Time
- Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, for a Free Consultation
South Carolina Law Allows Car Accident Victims to Seek Damages
Based on the details of your case, you may be able to pursue various damages. South Carolina law often allows victims filing civil suits to recover both monetary and non-monetary damages.
Your injuries may have left you with accumulating bills on top of physical and emotional trauma. All of these are covered under state law, in addition to several other types of losses. The list of potential damages, both economic and non-economic, includes:
- Doctors visits
- Car or other property repairs or replacements
- Emergency treatment
- Continuing medical care
- Inability to earn
- Lost income
- Emotional distress
- Chronic pain
- Reduced quality of life
- Psychological disorders resulting from the accident
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Calculating the value of your case based on these losses is essential for recovering fair compensation. A Gaffney accident attorney from our firm will gather documented proof of your injuries and damages to support your claim.
For a legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 828.286.3866
How a Car Accident Attorney at Our Firm Can Help
The personal injury attorneys at our firm know how to deal with insurance companies and demand financial recovery for the damages you face. As your legal counsel, we offer hands-on service that takes the stress of your case off you. Some of our duties include:
- Taking care of administrative tasks like making phone calls and submitting documents
- Managing communication with the insurance company and at-fault parties
- Interviewing witnesses
- Investigating the cause of your traffic accident
- Determining the negligent and liable parties
- Finding supporting evidence and documentation
- Submitting your personal injury claim
- Negotiating the settlement you deserve
- Filing a car accident lawsuit, if a settlement cannot be reached
When you work with a personal injury lawyer at our law firm, you have backup that will stand up for your rights with no upfront costs. As your legal team, we will speak with the insurance adjusters and negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf. If necessary, we will take the case to trial and fight for a court award. We offer all of this support on a no-win, no-fee basis, so there is no risk to hiring our firm.
Gaffney Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Finding the Liable Parties in Your Gaffney Car Accident
While investigating the cause of your car crash, our lawyers will search for the parties physically responsible for your accident and those financially responsible – these are not always the same. Just because a driver caused the accident doesn’t mean they are the one you’ll file a claim or lawsuit against.
For example, a faulty part in their car could have been responsible for the car wreck – in which case, the manufacturer, car dealership, or auto repair shop might be financially liable for your damages. Additionally, more than one party might be at fault for the accident and/or liable for your losses. Potentially liable parties include:
- The driver
- The driver’s employer if they were driving for work at the time
- A car manufacturer
- An auto body repair shop/mechanic
- The local government in charge of street conditions
- Private property or business owners, if the crash was due to their negligence in some fashion
We make it our priority to find the liable parties and hold them accountable for their negligence.
Dealing with the Insurance Company
We advise you to hire an accident attorney before interacting with the insurance company, but if you are unable to, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Do not admit, accept, or hint at blame. Admitting even partial fault could reduce your compensation or increase your insurance premiums. Instead, let the police and your lawyer investigate to determine what or who caused the collision.
- Stick to the facts and don’t overshare. Offering too much unsolicited information may give the insurance company a reason to reduce your compensation or deny your claim. To avoid saying something you shouldn’t, only give clear facts about what happened. Don’t give your opinion or speculate.
- Don’t say you’re fine. Some injuries, like soft tissue injuries or internal organ damage, may not be immediately apparent. As such, you’ll want to get examined by a medical professional before declaring your health status. As an extension of that, don’t volunteer or otherwise give information about your injuries to the insurance company.
- Wait to give an official statement. You may want to speak with a car accident lawyer before giving the insurer any written or recorded statements. You can ask to postpone your statement until you are ready. When you hire our car accident attorney, we will prepare your statement for the insurance company.
Insurance companies will often offer car accident victims a lowball settlement at first. While you may be interested in handling this ordeal as quickly as possible, taking this first offer is not always advisable.
Once you agree to settle, you sign away your rights to anything more at the outset of your claim. It’s critical to fight for an offer that accounts for all of your recoverable damages, or you will face out-of-pocket expenses. If a fair settlement isn’t possible, our attorneys can take your car accident case to court in Gaffney.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
You Must File Your Car Accident Lawsuit On Time
Our car accident lawyers know their way around personal injury law. While most claims settle in negotiations, we will not hesitate to take your case to court. To protect your rights, our legal team will file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires. South Carolina gives three years for personal injury suits, per S.C. Ann. § 15-3-530.
Call Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, for a Free Consultation
The passionate Gaffney car accident lawyers at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, are prepared to take on your case if you’ve been injured in a car wreck in Gaffney or elsewhere in Cherokee County, South Carolina. Reach out to us today at (828) 286-3866 to discuss your legal options.