Receiving compensation can be complicated when you’ve been involved in a wreck with a Lyft vehicle. Fortunately, a Lyft accident lawyer from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, can help sort things out.
We are familiar with North and South Carolina laws and will fight to get you compensation for your injuries. You can rely on us to investigate your wreck and determine every avenue to seek financial reimbursement for your injuries.
In This Article:
- The Nuts and Bolts of Lyft Ridesharing Services
- What Compensation Is Available After a Lyft Accident?
- How a Lyft Accident Lawyer With Our Firm Can Help You
- Understanding the Driver’s Status During an Accident
- The Statute of Limitations Means You Should Act Quickly
- Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Can Help You Seek Damages After a Lyft Wreck
Services such as Lyft ridesharing have been around for a while. Riders using a phone app can connect with drivers to get a ride from one point to another. The services are typically less expensive than standard taxi services. Drivers can earn money using their vehicles, and passengers can save money.
One of the primary benefits of ridesharing is that it is easy and safe for people to get a ride if they can’t drive or don’t have transportation. Lyft rideshare vehicles can still experience a fair share of accidents, though. If you have injuries from or lost a family member in a Lyft wreck, a Lyft accident attorney on our team can help you determine the compensation you deserve and who should pay for your injuries.
For a legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving North Carolina and South Carolina, call 828.286.3866
The levels of compensation available following a Lyft accident are similar to any other vehicle accident, whether you are in North or South Carolina. Some areas where our car accident team will seek recovery for your losses include:
- Past and anticipated medical costs
- Property damage expenses
- Lost income
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death losses
Our car accident team will evaluate your injuries and property damage and determine a valuation for economic and non-economic losses. Because each accident is different, there is no set valuation for your compensation.
North Carolina and South Carolina Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Determining what insurance coverage is applicable after a Lyft wreck can be confusing. A Lyft accident lawyer on our team can help you sort the details and identify all the liable parties. Some of the additional tasks our car accident team will accomplish include the following:
- Investigating the accident to determine fault
- Obtaining the official police report
- Gathering photographs and video of the accident scene
- Collecting witness statements
- Organizing your medical documentation
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Representing you in civil court, if necessary
Our team will ensure that you receive regular updates on the status of your case. In many cases, we may settle your case before going to court. In other instances, we may need to pursue a lawsuit. Our team will be there for you through the entire process.
How Our Lyft Accident Attorneys Receive Payment for Their Help
We understand that you may feel concerned about the costs of hiring one of our attorneys. Luckily, Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, takes rideshare wreck cases on a contingency-fee basis. That means we don’t ask for any money out of pocket, by the hour, or up front. Instead, our payment comes from the compensation we secure for you at the end of your case.
We will also finance your case from start to finish, enabling us to start working on it right away.
When rideshare vehicles are involved in accidents, the driver’s status can help determine the level of compensation. Lyft uses a general policy when their insurance policies offer coverage. There are three general driver statuses:
- When the driving app is off, the driver’s personal auto insurance kicks, and there is no additional coverage from Lyft.
- If the driving app is on, but there is no passenger, Lyft has a general policy that may offer some coverage.
- When the app is on and the driver is transporting a passenger or on their way to pick them up, Lyft’s extensive compensation policy should offer coverage under their rideshare liability .
Because the insurance coverage for Lyft rideshare vehicles can vary widely depending on specific circumstances, having a Lyft accident lawyer can be helpful. Our Lyft accident team understands which policies are in effect and can assist in ensuring that you receive the correct coverage after an accident.
Complete a Case Evaluation form now
For accidents in North Carolina, per G.S. § 1-52, you usually have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If your family member passed away, you only have up to two years under G.S. § 1-53 to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Per S.C. Ann § 15-3-530, South Carolina generally allows three years for personal injury and wrongful death cases. Time begins at the time of injury or on the date of the death.
It is crucial to know the statute of limitations and to file all cases for compensation within the prescribed period. Failure to file promptly may result in the denial of your claim. It can be helpful with a Lyft accident attorney as we will ensure that we meet all filing deadlines.
Contact the personal injury team from Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today for a free consultation and evaluation of your case. Our team will listen and offer you options to move forward.