Injuries due to negligent security typically occur when there’s a breach or malfunction that exposes you to criminal activity or physical assault. If you are struggling to cope with the physical and emotional aftermath of the incident, our law firm can serve as your advocates. Our Spartanburg personal injury lawyers will represent you at no upfront cost so that you can get started without a potentially damaging delay.
Let our negligent security lawyer deal with the at-fault Spartanburg party, the insurance company, and their adjuster. We will investigate, prove their policyholder’s financial liability, and negotiate the best possible settlement on your behalf. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we never stop supporting the clients we represent. Call today to get the help you deserve.
Financial Compensation for Victims of Negligent Security in Spartanburg
Compensation for personal injury cases typically starts with your medical bills since they start accumulating right at the scene of the accident. Medical expenses can include ambulance fees, emergency room treatment, and hospitalization. Additional economic damages we request for you would include:
- Injury-related lost wages
- Loss of future earning ability
- Property damage or loss
- Diminished property value
These damages are only the beginning. Our personal injury lawyers could also request non-economic damages, which include:
- Disability and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In the unfortunate circumstance that you have lost a loved one, we can request compensation for your family in a wrongful death claim. With our help, your family can recover funeral and burial expenses and the loss of your loved one’s financial and domestic support.
File Your South Carolina Negligent Security Lawsuit on Time
In South Carolina, failing to file your lawsuit by the legal deadline could prohibit you from filing it at all. In general, you have three years to comply with the personal injury and wrongful death statute of limitations under S.C. Ann § 15-3-530.
The filing deadline is a complicated part of your case since it can change based on several factors, such as the injury victim’s age. Additionally, your lawyer will use your lawsuit as leverage during settlement negotiations. If you miss this deadline, we may not be able to effectively compel the insurance company or the at-fault property or business owner to cover your losses.
Our legal team will determine the filing deadline in your lawsuit and make sure we comply with all other deadlines in your case.
How Our Negligent Security Lawyer Serving Spartanburg Protects Your Rights
When our client-focused team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC accepts your case, we start by explaining your rights, the owner’s or manager’s obligations, and the potential timeline of your case. We also want to make sure you understand how long it may take to settle your personal injury claim and what affects that timeline.
To prove the at-fault party’s negligence, our legal team will:
- Investigate the cause of the security breach
- Gather supporting documents and physical evidence
- Draft and file your insurance claim or lawsuit
- Handle all verbal and written communication
- Identify and consult relevant expert witnesses
- Clarify legal and insurance language
- Interview eyewitnesses to the incident
- Search for security and surveillance video
Also, we will handle the back-and-forth of negotiating a settlement, including reviewing offers and helping you reach a well-informed settlement decision.
And if at any time you have any questions or concerns, we can discuss them with you. Call us today to learn more about your negligent security case in Spartanburg and how we can help.
Reviews and Accolades for Our Team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC
On our testimonials page, clients we represented in the past leave recommendations like the following:
- Hetty and Werner Trachsel: We would like to thank the Farmer and Morris Law Firm for their incredible professional integrity. We highly recommend each one of them … absolutely wonderful experience!
- Jerrica Ford: I cannot express how much we love Farmer & Morris Law. They treat you like you matter and always make sure you understand what is going on. We worked with them … and the outcome was very favorable!
Every client we represent is a priority for our team. We are committed to providing outstanding support and excellent legal service in your time of need.
Know What Constitutes Negligent Security in Spartanburg, SC
Negligent security means sufficient measures were not taken to protect your safety. It can include:
- Unnecessarily aggressive security guard response
- Inappropriate behavior by security
- Failure to properly secure doors, windows
- Failure to provide adequate security guards
- Inadequate lighting in parking structures
- Absent or obstructed emergency exits
- Failure to disclose known dangers or threats
To prove the at-fault party is financially liable for compensating you, we document the four components of negligence:
- Duty: The property or business owner legally owed you a safe and secure experience
- Breach: Their action or inaction created an unsafe environment
- Causation: Your injuries would not have occurred but for their breach
- Damages: Your injuries resulted in financial expenses and losses
Once we establish the four elements, we can apply North Carolina negligence laws to your Spartanburg negligent security case.
Evidence Our Investigative Team Collects to Support Your Spartanburg Case
Proving you are entitled to recover damages means building a compelling collection of evidence that supports your negligent security case. Our law firm will take care of gathering and organizing your case file rather than taxing you or your family with this time-consuming and potentially daunting task.
Our negligent security attorneys will present police reports, incident reports, medical bills, and witness statements to the insurance company and adjuster. We will also send them a compensation request with proof of the value of your case via a demand letter. The weight of your evidence and its indication of negligence can steer your case toward a fair settlement.
Your Spartanburg Negligent Security Case Review Is Free
If you or someone you love was injured because of a security breach or failure, you could be entitled to financial compensation from the negligent business or property owner. Our Spartanburg negligent security attorney will deal with legal and insurance issues for you.
Get a free review of the merits of your case by contacting one of our consultation team members at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today. We will help you pursue the compensation you need to start rebuilding your life.