Uber and other rideshare services have changed the transportation landscape by making it easy to summon a car right to your door. But, unfortunately, they have also increased the number of cars on the road — and the number of accidents. If you or someone you love was injured in an accident that involved an Uber vehicle, our Shelby Uber accident lawyer will help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and related expenses.
Whether you were a passenger, pedestrian, or the driver of another car, our rideshare accident attorney will help you build a solid case for financial compensation. We will also help you prove negligence and liability and determine whether your compensation should come from the driver’s private insurance or Uber’s. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we will review your case at no cost or obligation to you and help you fight for financial recovery.
In This Article
Determining Liability in Your Uber Accident Claim
You know exactly who to pursue for financial compensation in a wreck with a private vehicle. However, in a collision with one of the many vehicles in Uber’s fleet, it can be more difficult to understand whose responsibility it is to compensate you.
Per Uber’s insurance policy, they base their coverage option on the status of their driver. Accordingly:
- If the driver is off app, their insurance covers your expenses
- If the driver is on app, Uber may cover your expenses if the driver’s insurer refuses coverage
- If the driver is on app and awaiting a passenger, Uber may provide $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident in bodily injury coverage, and $25,000 per accident in property damage coverage.
- If the driver is actively transporting a passenger, Uber will provide third-party coverage of up to $1,000,000 in third-party liability.
Uber has similar policies in place for their delivery drivers. Our Uber car accident lawyer will examine the details of your incident and clarify the insurer and policy we will pursue on your behalf.
Leave the Insurance Company to Us
The last thing you want to do after an accident in an Uber is determine the right insurance company to pursue and build a compelling compensation case on your own.
When we take your Uber claim on, we will:
- Investigate the accident and speak with any available witnesses
- Compile the evidence that proves the Uber driver’s liability
- Handle all communication with either or both insurance companies
- Document the monetary value of your injuries and their related expenses
We will also manage each step of the negotiation process, including reviewing each offer made to you. We will advise you on the pros and cons of each offer and help you make a well-informed decision that leads to the best possible outcome for you.
For a legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Shelby, call 828.286.3866
We Ensure Compliance With North Carolina’s Statute of Limitations
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we understand the time commitment involved in building a strong evidence file. Likewise, we know it can take time to negotiate a fair and appropriate financial settlement.
We also know the state imposes the following time limits on your potential lawsuit, so we work hard to ensure timely compliance:
- In general, the personal injury statute of limitations allows you up to three years to file your lawsuit if you or a loved one was injured, according to S. § 1-52.
- In general, the wrongful death statute of limitations allows you up to two years to file your lawsuit if a loved one was fatally injured, according to S. § 1-53.
Missing the filing deadline could leave you with no legal method of compelling the driver or the rideshare company to compensate you. Our Uber accident attorney in Shelby makes sure that does not happen.
Our Fee Structure Helps You Avoid a Costly Delay
Our law firm represents personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis. This means we will not charge you any fees until we recover damages for you. At that point, we accept a percentage of your financial award as compensation. If we do not recover damages for you, you owe us nothing.
Upfront costs we cover include:
- Gathering evidence and documentation
- Drafting and filing all legal and insurance paperwork
- Locating and interviewing all available accident witnesses
- Negotiating a favorable monetary settlement
We never stop fighting for the clients we represent. We will not hesitate to take on a huge rideshare company and their insurer and do whatever is necessary to resolve your case and get the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Client Recovery and Satisfaction Is Always Our Law Firm’s Goal
When clients we have represented in the past talk about their experience with our law firm, they leave reviews like the following:
- Andrea Shepherd: Farmer & Morris Law has been an absolute treasure to work with on my personal injury case that I sustained from a car accident…They are professional, prompt with responses, and caring. I would highly recommend them for any attorney services you need.
- Tammy Cotton: After I was involved in a serious car accident I knew, with the injuries I sustained, I needed great lawyers to walk me through this arduous process. Hannah Davies and Mark Morris worked very hard to take us through the process and ultimate settlement.
Our client testimonials page contains additional client reviews across all our practice areas, encouraging you to turn to us for legal service and support.
Shelby Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Call Our Uber Accident Attorney in Shelby for Your Free Case Review Today
Were you or someone you love a passenger in an Uber or in the other vehicle involved in the rideshare accident? If you were, you do not have to pursue the rideshare company on your own. Our Uber accident lawyer representing injured clients in Shelby will help you build a strong case for financial recovery.
Get started with your free case review by contacting Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC today.