Obtaining financial compensation after a wreck involving a rideshare vehicle can be complex. If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a recent collision with a Lyft driver, we can help. Our Gaffney Lyft wreck lawyer will investigate the wreck, prove the Lyft driver’s status, and determine whose insurance company to pursue. Leave it to us. We will handle every detail of your case and fight hard for the best available financial outcome.
At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we will accept your case whether you were injured in a wreck as a rideshare driver or passenger. We also represent drivers of other involved cars, pedestrians, and anyone injured in the wreck. Our personal injury team will review your case at no cost or obligation. We will explain your rights, the at-fault party’s responsibilities, and the strategy we develop to recover damages for you.
Damages We Demand for You After a Lyft Wreck
When our Gaffney car wreck lawyer accepts your case, our investigative team will gather and examine evidence in two categories. To prove the cause of the wreck and the at-fault party’s financial liability, we can collect your police report and witness statements. We can also collect photos, videos, and expert testimonials.
Our law firm can use your medical records and bills and employment and salary history records to prove the monetary value of your compensation that we demand for you. We also collect bills and estimates for repairing or replacing your damaged or destroyed car.
Medical Bills and Other Recoverable Economic Damages
The accumulated evidence will prove the value of your past, present, and future medical bills starting with emergency care and including all medical care until your recovery is complete. They also include lost income and loss of future earning capacity, property damage or destruction, and diminished property value.
Pain and Suffering and Other Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages after a Lyft wreck include disability, disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental and emotional distress, and diminished quality of life. It can be hard to prove the value of intangible losses like these on your own. Our legal team will collect tangible evidence that supports their value.
For a legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Gaffney, call 828.286.3866
How We Determine Where Your Compensation Comes From
Every car wreck that involves a Lyft vehicle does not automatically qualify for compensation from the rideshare company. In general, Lyft determines when to compensate injured parties based on the following factors:
- If the wreck occurred while the app was off, the driver’s private insurance provides coverage.
- If the wreck occurred when the app was on, and the driver was awaiting a ride request, Lyft’s insurance provides coverage if the drivers’ private insurance will not.
- If the wreck occurred while the driver was picking up or transporting a passenger, Lyft’s insurance will provide coverage.
Let us sort this out for you. We will collect evidence that proves the driver’s status at the time of the wreck and demand damages from the appropriate insurer.
Time Limits for Recovering Damages via a Lawsuit
Your Gaffney car wreck case has a state-imposed time limit. This deadline is called the statute of limitations and determines how much time you have to file your lawsuit. In general, your personal injury lawsuit must be filed within three years of the date the wreck occurred, according to G.S. § 1-52.
If your family lost a loved one in a fatal rideshare collision, you generally have two years from the date of their demise to file your wrongful death lawsuit, per G.S. § 1-53. If the filing deadline expires, you could be left with no legal way to compel the at-fault party to compensate you. Our law firm will work hard to help you meet all notification and filing deadlines.
Gaffney Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me 828.286.3866
Let Us Handle the Details of Your Lyft Wreck Case
It takes time to collect evidence and build your case after a wreck. Our Lyft wreck lawyer serving Gaffney will handle these details for you. We will:
- Investigate the wreck and its cause
- Calculate your recoverable damages
- Canvass for photos and video footage
- Handle all verbal and written communications
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork
- Meeting with the liable party’s legal team or insurer
- Respond to your legal questions and concerns
- Provide ongoing updates on the progress of your case
We will negotiate with the appropriate insurer on your behalf, fight for a favorable monetary settlement, and represent you in court if we cannot reach a settlement agreement with the opposing party. At Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, we never stop fighting for you. We want you to focus on your recovery and leave the legal work to us.
Reviews from Previous Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, Personal Injury Clients
When clients recommend our law firm to others, they leave online reviews and testimonials like the following:
- Carla Coleman: Helped my boyfriend with a personal injury case and got him a great lump sum! Also kept us updated throughout the entire process! If you’re looking for friendly, informative lawyers I highly recommend Farmer & Morris!
- Jerrica Ford: I cannot express how much we love Farmer & Morris Law. They treat you like you matter and always make sure you understand what is going on. We worked…on a difficult case and the outcome was very favorable…This law firm is the best!
When you browse our testimonials page, you will find additional reviews and learn more about our commitment to every client we represent.
Call Today for Immediate Help With Your Gaffney Lyft Wreck Case
If you or someone you love got hurt in a Lyft vehicle wreck in Gaffney, SC, you can recover damages from the driver or the rideshare company. You do not have to determine who to pursue or take on the insurance provider by yourself. We can do that for you.
Learn how our Gaffney Lyft wreck lawyer will fight for you by contacting our case review team at Farmer & Morris Law, PLLC, today.